Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

Hold my beer, says my 98 Mazda 626 is worth $50

and my 2000 Celica is worth $1,170.

How many miles on the Celica?

for the record, mine is an 06 accord, v6, 6-speed, leather, power everything, 226k.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

24 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

How many miles on the Celica?

for the record, mine is an 06 accord, v6, 6-speed, leather, power everything, 226k.

around 130,000 I think, so like not even broken in yet. Mazda is 167,000ish so like old n busted.

4 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Only one center missing. I'm impressed.

Lol I hadn't even noticed that. 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

6 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

White 38's sounds like aids ;) I only like white on split rims, single piece rims that're white are just too much.

Also....shit.

image.png.9c2ca184ae3e5a6f85af225a75c15e34.png
Actual market value if it were stock, would probably be around £2500. And with my mods, maybe £3750. So yeah, after careful consideration, I will have to decline your very generous offer :D 

This has surprised me, I thought Id be lucky to get even £3k privately

Screenshot_20190328-064028_Chrome.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Welp found my electrical problem. Was riding my bike for a while abs flashes intermediately, thought ok might be something wrong with the abs sensors. 10 mins after the abs flashing my gear indicator when haywire the the the next thing my headlights started to flicker. Went oh no " should i stop at the side of the road" and glad i didnt cause it did not start again when i arrive back home.

initially when i turn the bike on everything seems fine until i hit the ignition button bike short circuited. Then i found this, the original battery recharge harness port thingy kinda got burnt  

54203901_1675069139290755_6668900908543246336_n.jpg.389278c4349749f60b23ae6d017f3e8a.jpg

lives on

BAKABT

7 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

-snip-

that makes you the odd one out I guess lol

It's just what the company is willing to pay for a car though.. being they "buy any car" of course they are wanting people who just want to get rid of their things quickly, for a much lower price as the tradeoff.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

BUT HOW XD 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

IMG_1378.thumb.jpg.9bb39046670ab79119dd511a4dd6dbd8.jpg

We're getting there! Still waiting on my Supertech pistons to arrive, but I'm picking up the motor tomorrow so I can finally get this thing rolling. Still have to order water pump, billet oil pump gears, Mazda OEM gasket set (I have the timing component set as you can see), bearings, and flywheel. But the bulk of the cost is already ordered or here so, that helps a lot. I found that some valve springs from an old Volvo will fit in my cylinder head, and they're a bit heavy than OEM which is good for when I boost it. Only costs about $100 for the set too! Compared to $450 Supertech valve springs, though they come with titanium retainers as well...

Have to say, these Wiseco rings are pretty! Love seeing brand new parts, especially the beefy Eagle rods, they have a good amount of weight to them but I don't plan to increase the rev limiter. You may notice the OEM style clutch; I already had this on hand from when I first bought the car, along with a new slave cylinder and rear main seal etc.

34 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

-snip-

We're getting there! Still waiting on my Supertech pistons to arrive, but I'm picking up the motor tomorrow so I can finally get this thing rolling. Still have to order water pump, billet oil pump gears, Mazda OEM gasket set (I have the timing component set as you can see), bearings, and flywheel. But the bulk of the cost is already ordered or here so, that helps a lot. I found that some valve springs from an old Volvo will fit in my cylinder head, and they're a bit heavy than OEM which is good for when I boost it. Only costs about $100 for the set too! Compared to $450 Supertech valve springs, though they come with titanium retainers as well...

Have to say, these Wiseco rings are pretty! Love seeing brand new parts, especially the beefy Eagle rods, they have a good amount of weight to them but I don't plan to increase the rev limiter. You may notice the OEM style clutch; I already had this on hand from when I first bought the car, along with a new slave cylinder and rear main seal etc.

that clutch gonna be good enough? I have an OE excedy clutch in my car and thing is weak.. gets a bit slippy(the engagement def isn't as strong is what I mean) after a few autoX runs. I (supposedly) have like 20 more horses than the US engine does but no more torque so I don't think it's from that.. idk. It's been 25k miles since the engine went in so Im sure it's just /normal/ for that clutch I guess

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

that clutch gonna be good enough? I have an OE excedy clutch in my car and thing is weak.. gets a bit slippy(the engagement def isn't as strong is what I mean) after a few autoX runs. I (supposedly) have like 20 more horses than the US engine does but no more torque so I don't think it's from that.. idk. It's been 25k miles since the engine went in so Im sure it's just /normal/ for that clutch I guess

here I am with my grabby stock clutch with 225k on it. ?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

3 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

BUT HOW XD 

No idea lol

Everything else theyve massively undervalued

My clio was only worth £600 apparently 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Went over to help my friend out with his bike as it wasn't starting after the winter, he was getting no spark and the fuel pump didn't want to run, pulled the plugs and one of the leads from the coil to the plug disintegrated. That explains one cylinder but the other three also had no spark and tested fine. Pulled the coils and they seemed fine too... 

Our current explanation is that the CDI box somehow has just died because the entire electrical system seem fine otherwise(besides the tail area that was chewed apart by mice) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

20 hours ago, Bitter said:

Hold my beer, says my 98 Mazda 626 is worth $50

and my 2000 Celica is worth $1,170.

How come the tool works accurately for your cars? 

2 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

here I am with my grabby stock clutch with 225k on it. ?

um well not to boast but i got 311k miles on my factory clutch. :P 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I forgot to mention I'm running it N/A for a while. I still have to buy a lot more stuff to turbo it :P No point in wearing an expensive clutch when I can change it out in an hour.

12 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I forgot to mention I'm running it N/A for a while. I still have to buy a lot more stuff to turbo it :P No point in wearing an expensive clutch when I can change it out in an hour.

ok mr. pro miata clutch installer

Spoiler

Got this house reappraised. Mission very successful. I literally (more than) double my net worth if I sell this house tomorrow.

so buying a decent house at less than 2006 appraisal value is a VERY GOOD idea guys lol

just need to do this about 20 more times or until I hit $2 million then I can finally put a V8 in the Miata ?? @Real_PhillBert @warmmilk @FuzzyYellow @vinyldash303

Also you see kids? This is why you drive a cheap car (it’s still fun!) while young and a pile of savings so you can have more opportunities to do stuff like this earlier on

Spoiler

Honestly.... Really been considering a Caprice PPV to replace the Impala down the road, been trying to learn a lot about them, the 2011-2013 Caprices will take a Pontiac G8 interior with no modifications (Other than column shifter to console shifter conversion) and the 2014-2017 Caprices will fit a Chevy SS interior (Same thing, no modifications other than column to console shifter)

You can pick these things up pretty damn cheap now, and is a hell of a performance option tbh, 0-60 in 5.1 seconds and 1/4 mile in the 13 sec range bone stock, and easy to find for 6K nowadays. With some very basic modifications you could have a serious monster on your hands

Chevy_Caprice_PPV_lowered_coilover_02_1024x1024.jpg

Chevy_Caprice_PPV_lowered_coilover_1024x1024.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

28 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Got this house reappraised. Mission very successful. I literally (more than) double my net worth if I sell this house tomorrow.

so buying a decent house at less than 2006 appraisal value is a VERY GOOD idea guys lol

just need to do this about 20 more times or until I hit $2 million then I can finally put a V8 in the Miata ?? @Real_PhillBert @warmmilk @FuzzyYellow @vinyldash303

Also you see kids? This is why you drive a cheap car (it’s still fun!) while young and a pile of savings so you can have more opportunities to do stuff like this earlier on

ok, after that can you get coilovers? :D 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

4 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

ok, after that can you get coilovers? :D 

I'm still on the stock suspension and I'm like gonna hit 130k in the next couple days xD 

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

I'm still on the stock suspension and I'm like gonna hit 130k in the next couple days xD 

smh...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Just now, warmmilk said:

smh...

dude I love cars but hate spending money. the worst combo

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

dude I love cars but hate spending money. the worst combo

yeah... I have a few friends like you locally

16 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

yeah... I have a few friends like you locally

then the thing is.. say I doubled my yearly income tomorrow. 

It'd still be the same thing. More money for investing lol 

it's like even though I tell myself "great you can get this or do this with the car now" reality is "nah I'll put it towards this instead"

Spoiler