Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, CJPowell27 said:

~800 bumper primed

~450 grille assembly

~200 ebay

~800 hood

Probably a few more things, like the little grill

their estimate isn't too far off if they're buying new parts.

yeah new parts is what my dad wants anyway.. esp because he bought the car not too long ago

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah new parts is what my dad wants anyway.. esp because he bought the car not too long ago

I'd go new on everything except the headlight unless he wants to get screwed on the price of those.

Also, https://www.copart.com/lot/24203098 to bid or not to bid 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

5 minutes ago, CJPowell27 said:

I'd go new on everything except the headlight unless he wants to get screwed on the price of those.

Also, https://www.copart.com/lot/24203098 to bid or not to bid 

It’ll be insurance paying for it. Everything is gonna be brand new and OEM lol

He already demanded the insurance company that’s what’s going to happen (which surprisingly they have been compliant... good job State Farm)

And is bringing it to a shop who will make it happen. (The one I brought the Miata to)

in his words “the car will be identical to how it was before the accident or I don’t want it”

lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

It’ll be insurance paying for it. Everything is gonna be brand new and OEM lol

He already demanded the insurance company that’s what’s going to happen And is bringing it to a shop who will make it happen. (The one I brought the Miata to)

in his words “the car will be identical to how it was before the accident or I don’t want it”

lol

Is it normal for insurance companies to avoid OEM? My moms insurance would literally not let her take it to out normal shop and demanded that she take it to Ford when she was rear ended.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

11 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Untitled.png

Didn't even know Félix da Costa was on this race. Noice 5th place tho.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

8 hours ago, CJPowell27 said:

Is it normal for insurance companies to avoid OEM? My moms insurance would literally not let her take it to out normal shop and demanded that she take it to Ford when she was rear ended.

Yes. Normally They cheap out as much as possible here. 

I had had to fight with an insurance company for my car to have a rental long enough. They were literally adding 1 day at a time, I had to call every single day and tell them the car still wasn’t in my hands. It’s retarded.

the other company didn’t do that to my dad tho... they gave him 20 days right off the bat

Spoiler

10 hours ago, CJPowell27 said:

Yep. when my dad's protege got fixed a while back after rear ending someone, the bumper and lights got replaced and the hood was repaired. The lights are not oem for sure, they are depo replacements, and the bumper does not feel as sturdy as oem. 

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yes. Normally They cheap out as much as possible here. 

I had had to fight with an insurance company for my car to have a rental long enough. They were literally adding 1 day at a time, I had to call every single day and tell them the car still wasn’t in my hands. It’s retarded.

the other company didn’t do that to my dad tho... they gave him 20 days right off the bat

How is your insurance screwing you that much for just dealing with a rental car? With my insurance, they just told the rental co that my dad needed a rental car, and he just returned it when he had his car back, no strings attached.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

10 hours ago, CJPowell27 said:

Insurance for us wanted to put an OE bumper on the Mustang both times it got in an accident. Was ridiculous. My dad went to the office and shouted them down for two hours.

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Insurance for us wanted to put an OE bumper on the Mustang both times it got in an accident. Was ridiculous. My dad went to the office and shouted them down for two hours.

But why didn't you guys want an OE bumper though? Better than some knockoff brand. Unless you had an aftermarket kit or something.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Pretty sure its because hes not old enough to normally get one so it costs the insurance company more

how is he not old enough for one?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

But why didn't you guys want an OE bumper though? Better than some knockoff brand. Unless you had an aftermarket kit or something.

Because OE almost always fits worse than OEM, especially for a stock Mustang bumper.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Here you've gotta be 21 to normally get one. 

I'd imagine its sort of the same there. 

Rental companies dont want a 16-18 year old driving their car simply because they haven't been diving as long as most 21+ year olds. 

It's 21 almost everywhere afaik.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I can be named as a driver for a rental here, as long as someone else is renting it, but its expensive as hell. 

Yeah but being the primary you have to be 21 afaik.

48 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Pretty sure its because hes not old enough to normally get one so it costs the insurance company more

probably. but i think it's just them.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

Yep. when my dad's protege got fixed a while back after rear ending someone, the bumper and lights got replaced and the hood was repaired. The lights are not oem for sure, they are depo replacements, and the bumper does not feel as sturdy as oem. 

How is your insurance screwing you that much for just dealing with a rental car? With my insurance, they just told the rental co that my dad needed a rental car, and he just returned it when he had his car back, no strings attached.

was not MY insurance company, someone else had hit me.

it was North American Risk Services. Look at their reviews on google... horrible lol

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Rental companies dont want a 16-18 year old driving their car simply because they haven't been diving as long as most 21+ year olds. 

25 actually for Enterprise. They only make exceptions for insurance claims.

Hertz is the only company I know of that will rent to people who are at least 18, at a higher rate of course.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

are you assuming I was the one driving the rental car? Well if you are, I never drove it. My dad did during the time the car was in the bodyshop getting work.

Apparently there’s a town in Massachusetts called “Sandwich” 

27E43F3E-11F3-4AD4-8909-3DAB9511A20C.jpeg.685dea3ee83be1c1f7765f56a18e538d.jpeg

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Apparently there’s a town in Massachusetts called “Sandwich” 

I've been there, lols were had.

On 1/27/2018 at 3:11 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

Joke that went wrong and dumb people being fucking dumb.

I really don't see why we are so against this, This is Natural Selection at its finest and now people are messing it up by locking them away and taking them off shelves. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

I really don't see why we are so against this, This is Natural Selection at its finest and now people are messing it up by locking them away and taking them off shelves. 

Because all the memes that were funny turned in to this crap. I'm all for the lemmings to lemming, but don't ruin my browsing experience while you're at it.

9 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

keep in mind it wastes a lot of money and stuff too... I'm sure insurance companies want it banned.

But really it's a bunch of teenagers who don't know any better doing it from what I've heard. Or know and just get that adrenaline and suddenly forget everything that isn't dumb in typical teenage fashion.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Rallyarmor mudflaps installed over the weekend

blerpa.jpg

How you find them? I was looking at them but man are they stupidly expensive what they are! 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Hi All.

First time seeing this thread! ( TBH I havent been on the forum in a long while.) 

Subaru lover and JDM Fanboy From NZ through and through. but I love all cars and especially the car communities! #MightyCarMods

My dream car would be a Audi RS6 wagon. ( I forgot to mention I love wagons!)

Here is my car! its a JDM 2004 Subaru Legacy EZ30R 6 speed! photo is when I changed the rims back to stock with a new paint.  Other Photo is showing its Outback bumper is has with the other rims it had on.

any questions feel free to fire them my way!

Chris

20171025_163049.jpg

20171022_100622.jpg