Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, Chris_nz said:

Hi All.

First time seeing this thread! ( TBH I havent been on the forum in a long while.) 

Subaru lover and JDM Fanboy From NZ through and through. but I love all cars and especially the car communities! #MightyCarMods

Here is my car! its a JDM 2004 Subaru Legacy EZ30R 6 speed! photo is when I changed the rims back to stock with a new paint.  Other Photo is showing its Outback bumper is has with the other rims it had on.

any questions feel free to fire them my way!

Chris

It's getting tiring having to silence all the Chris' that join, there can only be one..

25 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

How you find them? I was looking at them but man are they stupidly expensive what they are! 

They are stupidly expensive but I've read nothing but good reviews about them. My friend is a body work mechanic and his brother is a diesel mechanic and I guess this brand is one of the "go-to's" for the guys in their shops.

I guess I'd say they are great but I have nothing to compare them to.

23 minutes ago, Chris_nz said:

Hi All.

First time seeing this thread! ( TBH I havent been on the forum in a long while.) 

Subaru lover and JDM Fanboy From NZ through and through. but I love all cars and especially the car communities! #MightyCarMods

My dream car would be a Audi RS6 wagon. ( I forgot to mention I love wagons!)

Here is my car! its a JDM 2004 Subaru Legacy EZ30R 6 speed! photo is when I changed the rims back to stock with a new paint.  Other Photo is showing its Outback bumper is has with the other rims it had on.

Chris

Yoooo another wagon lover, love the subie what are your future plans for it?

I'm hoping to get an old volvo 240 Estate when I turn 18 which will hopefully be a project car in the future, I know its not your average first car a 15 yr old would want but there's something about a sleeper volvo wagon which really pulls me lol. Besides it'd be perfect as I could fit all my friends in with skateboards, surfboards and all my camera equipment and even install a harness for rollers :P 

2 minutes ago, Lewiscpullan said:

I'm hoping to get an old volvo 240 Estate when I turn 18 which will hopefully be a project car in the future, I know its not your average first car a 15 yr old would want but there's something about a sleeper volvo wagon which really pulls me lol. Besides it'd be perfect as I could fit all my friends in with skateboards, surfboards and all my camera equipment and even install a harness for rollers :P 

B23 or bust

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

B23 or bust

eh but imagine the swaps you could do :o 

Although a b23 does mean more stealth ;) 

2 minutes ago, Lewiscpullan said:

eh but imagine the swaps you could do :o 

just saying. stock. B23 or bust xD

And if you see one with a b27 you turn the other way and run.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, Lewiscpullan said:

my future plans. ive toyed with a few things so far here and there. i did plan on supercharging it/turboing it. but nah. im happy how it is atm, its pretty reliable. all I want to do at this stage is to get the exhaust finished on it. 

things ive done to it:

Pillar gauge cluster

Lowering springs

Tuned

Painted it black, then decided i didnt want black, left the roof black thou.

20 buck outback bumper, mad score.

Xforce catback exhaust 

Raptor exhaust headers. I want to get some high flow cats and get it re-piped in the centre

Volvo 240 would be awesome! love sleeper wagons! #Swagon

Just now, Lewiscpullan said:

B23 + Chinese turbo ;) 

Good engine to stick a chinese turbo on. Considering how they made so many of the darn things

4 minutes ago, Chris_nz said:

my future plans. ive toyed with a few things so far here and there. i did plan on supercharging it/turboing it. but nah. im happy how it is atm, its pretty reliable. all I want to do at this stage is to get the exhaust finished on it. 

things ive done to it:

Pillar gauge cluster

Lowering springs

Tuned

Xforce catback exhaust 

Raptor exhaust headers. I want to get some high flow cats and get it re-piped in the centre

Sounds pretty good me, its not a subaru if it doesn't have a loud exhaust :D 

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Good engine to stick a chinese turbo on. Considering how they made so many of the darn things

How much hp you reckon you could get if you properly built up a b23 (machining + oversized psitons or whatever) and whacked a big turbo on there :/~ 

52 minutes ago, Chris_nz said:

Hi All.

My dream car would be a Audi RS6 wagon. ( I forgot to mention I love wagons!)

Chris

A wagon lover that owns a flat 6 Legacy

tenor.gif

And welcome to the thread :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

A wagon lover that owns a flat 6 Legacy

tenor.gif

And welcome to the thread :D

Cheers! 

42 minutes ago, Chris_nz said:

things ive done to it:

Pillar gauge cluster

Lowering springs

Tuned

Xforce catback exhaust 

Are there UEL headers for the flat 6? And if they do you have any clue how they sound compared to a UEL header equipped flat 4?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Are there UEL headers for the flat 6? And if they do you have any clue how they sound compared to a UEL header equipped flat 4?

Nah!, even if you make some, there will be no difference in sound.  :( 

2 minutes ago, Chris_nz said:

Nah!, even if you make some, there will be no difference in sound.  :( 

Really? UEL headers won't even change the sound on a flat 6?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

Really? UEL headers won't even change the sound on a flat 6?

yea, no matter what you do, the sound will be the same. only way to really change the "note" is a mid section resonator. either a delete or a high flowing one. depending how loud you want it xD

Just now, Chris_nz said:

yea, no matter what you do, the sound will be the same. only way to really change the "note" is a mid section resonator. either a delete or a high flowing one. depending how loud you want it xD

Wow, kinda sucks that the flat 6s won't change sounds even with headers. Then again, the flat 6 probably doesn't have a lot of aftermarket support compared to the flat 4, since with a turbo you can probably get much more power out of it.

Just now, terrytek said:

Wow, kinda sucks that the flat 6s won't change sounds even with headers. Then again, the flat 6 probably doesn't have a lot of aftermarket support compared to the flat 4, since with a turbo you can probably get much more power out of it.

yea there isnt a whole lot you can do to them. you can turbo them or supercharge them ( there is a bolt on supercharger kit you can buy) but its either alot of money or hurts reliability. Turboing would only allow a low boost situation as the engine is a high compression engine. but it would better than supercharging.

there is a CAI you can get that gives you a little bump in HP. which i might do. but it would need to be re-tuned. 

if anything. especially for the EZ30, a tune would be best money spent. the stock tune on the cars are ridiculous. fuel maps are everywhere, the throttle input 'Lag' is highly annoying. and the sorta Vtec 'kick' you get at 3500rpm+ is fun, but you get next to no low rpm performance until then.

Before my 95 Legacy died, my plan was to EZ30R / EG33 swap it once I was done with school. I had kitted it out with AST coilovers, whiteline sways, and a bunch of other nice goodies....it was a very fun (slow) car. Handled better than expected at autox, track, and pre-ASTs, rally-x, and was a blast driving in the mountains to go skiing/snow hooning. I drove a friend's EG33 swapped GC and that thing was a blast.

I still miss that Leggy and want to build a proper H6 manual wagon someday. I've been tempted to build an E46 M3 wagon but I'm kinda over dealing with S54 projects.

Slowest car I've ever owned, but man, I miss it.

5 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Before my 95 Legacy died, my plan was to EZ30R / EG33 swap it once I was done with school. I had kitted it out with AST coilovers, whiteline sways, and a bunch of other nice goodies....it was a very fun (slow) car. Handled better than expected at autox, track, and pre-ASTs, rally-x, and was a blast driving in the mountains to go skiing/snow hooning. I drove a friend's EG33 swapped GC and that thing was a blast.

I still miss that Leggy and want to build a proper H6 manual wagon someday. I've been tempted to build an E46 M3 wagon but I'm kinda over dealing with S54 projects.

Slowest car I've ever owned, but man, I miss it.

yeah its isnt the quickest thing ever, but the torque feels great. ive done a track day in it as well. got owned by all the modded Evos and wrx's out there but hey who cares. Im interested in doing swaybars as well. but its not on the "need/want to do list". I think for me, its quite expensive to get parts (NZ Exchange rate is terrible) so things get put on hold until i can afford it, or other things i wanna do are done.

any notable differences in sound between a Porsche H6 (which I know I like) and a Subaru H6?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, Lewiscpullan said:

I know its not your average first car a 15 yr old would want

in Sweden it sure is xD

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016