Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

Zonda barchetta, two more are set to be made and will end up taking the last vins for new zondas (doesn't mean they will be produced last though). Oh and @chaozbandit I'm getting the 1/18 scale model when it's out. 

CCBsA0Ah.jpg

I'm convinced Pagani is never going to stop making the Zonda

System: Thinkpad T460

1 hour ago, arnavvr said:

Highway 9 is amazing, but I was doing the route from my house. 

I have yet to drive on Highway 9 but I want to it looks like an amazing road.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, Speedyv said:

I'm convinced Pagani is never going to stop making the Zonda

I'm 99% sure the vins are ending with #136 for two main reasons. They only have so many m120 engines left and it's getting harder and harder to register in the eu (some of the new ones even had to be registered in Andorra).

But I would like to point out that they may never stop updating older Zondas to the 760 spec and two or three older vins will be remade soon. 

Edited by Maybach123
Edit 136 not 135

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

I'm 99% sure the vins are ending with #136 for two main reasons. They only have so many m120 engines left and it's getting harder and harder to register in the eu (some of the new ones even had to be registered in Andorra).

But I would like to point out that they may never stop updating older Zondas to the 760 spec and two or three older vins will be remade soon. 

I don't know about all of that but I feel like they've been saying every Zonda that has come out is going to be the most special, last Zonda. 

System: Thinkpad T460

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

How much better is the Moota with the proper ECU?

it works and that's  all i really care about lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, vetali said:

what phone?

from what I read, most the screens you get online unless from a donor iphone are very poor quality. Plus there was no force touch replacement screens at the time... so I just spent the 130 dollars. 

idk where ifixit gets their screens but everytime i've seen one of their screens it always seemed quite nice

i just sold my iphone with the broken home button for $165..

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@warmmilk @vetali I never expected this (it's been fine every single time before, and the miata supposedly has baffling to guard against this)

but we actually had problems with fuel starvation today and had to go put more gas in the car in the middle of the event...

We had a reaaaaaalllllllly long sweeping left hander (and the fuel pump is on the left side of the tank) and it would just slowly drag all the fuel away from the pump and make the car just fall on it's face right when you were about to exit the turn.

so don't think ill go on less than 1/2 a tank again... Usually do a 1/4 and it's perfectly fine but now that I know that can happen....

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

@warmmilk @vetali I never expected this (it's been fine every single time before)

but we actually had problems with fuel starvation today and had to go put more gas in the car in the middle of the event...

We had a reaaaaaalllllllly long sweeping left hander (and the fuel pump is on the left side of the tank) and it would just slowly drag all the fuel away from the pump and make the car just fall on it's face right when you were about to exit the turn.

so don't think ill go on less than 1/2 a tank again... Usually do a 1/4 and it's perfectly fine but now that I know that can happen....

What did it feel like when it was fuel starved? Like it was gasping or something?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

21 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

I don't know about all of that but I feel like they've been saying every Zonda that has come out is going to be the most special, last Zonda. 

A few of them are refreshes of previous chassis, either crashed or otherwise. Fantasma Evo for example.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

52 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

I will give you that, Pagani has said that in the past and I guess only time will tell. 

31 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

A few of them are refreshes of previous chassis, either crashed or otherwise. Fantasma Evo for example.

Yeah nearly half of the One Offs are old chassis.  Two of them have been rebuilt more than once into different cars. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

18 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Why is an air conditioned glove box a reason to buy a vehicle that is overall terrible?

Because she doesn't know shit about cars

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

6s rose gold 16 gig. coming from ifixit

yeah glhf

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

We'll see. My buddy has their screen and his mom has one too. I'm not  a mobile power user so it doesn't need to be top quality

iphone is already low res for now days standards tho. 

hopefully the next one has 1080p on the smallest phone. I'm going with the plus next time tho. don't think I'll get the "pro" with the ugly sensor band with no touch ID. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm for sure going android again next phone I get.

I wanted to, but my 3 prerequisites to android being an acceptable phone OS by my standards have not been met. Likely never will be either. 

Two guys driving my all time dream car

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

what makes them hard to reg in the EU?

Emissions id imagine, its hard to meet the regulations here with a big N/A 7.3 V12

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

what makes them hard to reg in the EU?

@iDeFecZx is correct just beat me to the punch. I can't really explain how they are still being registered (don't really know much of Europe's emissions regulations) , but I would imagine that they use the emissions testing from the Zonda Cinque or even F. 

9 hours ago, terrytek said:

What did it feel like when it was fuel starved? Like it was gasping or something?

It just stops for a second... Your on the gas and nothing is happening... Then it would suddenly come back and be fine the rest of the way

Spoiler

Cammy passed her inspection with flying colors. (Well i'll need to change out the red side marker lights. But other than that she's good)

No new rust. Exact same emissions values and the brakes bite as well as ever. 

BUT

Noticed that some shithead has stolen my chevy badge.. Asshole.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

35 minutes ago, techswede said:

Cammy passed her inspection with flying colors. (Well i'll need to change out the red side marker lights. But other than that she's good)

No new rust. Exact same emissions values and the brakes bite as well as ever. 

BUT

Noticed that some shithead has stolen my chevy badge.. Asshole.

weight reduction bro

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

13 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

pulled it out in the end. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Because she doesn't know shit about cars

Welp

7 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm for sure going android again next phone I get.

as much as i love android, I'm gonna try my luck with an iphone because mainly imessage and facetime and whatnot. if those were cross platform i would have already stayed on android.

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

weight reduction bro

Yeah.. In my wallet. New emblem is $80

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Yeah.. In my wallet. New emblem is $80

Put the accident into circulation, as we say a bit east of you.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

4 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Put the accident into circulation, as we say a bit east of you.

Already did. They'll ship it when they have it in stock