Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

keep your phones til they aren't useable anymore that way you can avoid having a phone payment plan

I think that's what my parents are doing, my dad still has the oneplus one since the year they came out, my mom kept her G3 from 3 years ago when it was only one year old until like this past summer when it shit the bed, and got a new one. Me, I might just pay the phone straight from Apple and pay it off, because I only have to pay half of it  before you can upgrade it, basically trading in your phone is paying off the other half. But IDK if I wanna constantly upgrade, or keep the phone until support dies for it.

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Seems that way

Well I am doing a hell of a lot of the work single handedly. After work. Working about 50 hours a week right now. 

I thought you had a shop handle that for you?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

just pop the cover next time you do a fluid change and paint it, or get an aftermarket cover.

That would only get the cover done. I want to get it done completely.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Seems that way

I hate those things.. Fucking razor blades in disguise..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I think that's what my parents are doing, my dad still has the oneplus one since the year they came out, my mom kept her G3 from 3 years ago when it was only one year old until like this past summer when it shit the bed, and got a new one. Me, I might just pay the phone straight from Apple and pay it off, because I only have to pay half of it  before you can upgrade it, basically trading in your phone is paying off the other half. But IDK if I wanna constantly upgrade, or keep the phone until support dies for it.

I thought you had a shop handle that for you?

It's at my stepfathers shop he owns. But I'll be doing most of the work to cut down on labor costs. It's there so I can use the nice tools and lift 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

18 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm keeping my 6s for a while. Thats why I'm going to the trouble of getting an otterbox, new screen and new battery. Maybe I can find an otterbox with a built in battery.

just pop the cover next time you do a fluid change and paint it, or get an aftermarket cover.

just make sure you get something that covers the home button if it's ever in a sweaty environment... so it doesn't die the same death as mine did...

the G3 is alright... i find myself liking it less and less as time goes on. mostly because of android; not really because of the phone itself.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

It's at my stepfathers shop he owns. But I'll be doing most of the work to cut down on labor costs. It's there so I can use the nice tools and lift 

just take your time and make sure it's right. No need to rush even though you will want to. It's not like it's a customer's car you know?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

just make sure you get something that covers the home button if it's ever in a sweaty environment... so it doesn't die the same death as mine did...

the G3 is alright... i find myself liking it less and less as time goes on. mostly because of android; not really because of the phone itself.

so I guess the cause of death of that home button was sweat?

It's alright for the occasional social media check, but mine just has a shitty screen so after a while it will flicker like crazy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

so I guess the cause of death of that home button was sweat?

It's alright for the occasional social media check, but mine just has a shitty screen so after a while it will flicker like crazy.

thats what I'm guessing. 

Thinking it was all good on the new phones because they don't have a real home button, but matt told me yesterday his lock button stopped working on his iPhone 7+; probably because of sweat too! lol

can't win.

Spoiler

The eclipse was cool today. Watched it with a welding helmet. Was nice to have that 30 minutes where the shop was calm and cohesive. 

Then afterwards chaos resumed. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, vetali said:

The eclipse was cool today. Watched it with a welding helmet. Was nice to have that 30 minutes where the shop was calm and cohesive. 

Then afterwards chaos resumed. 

I know right! A friend of mine had eclipse glasses so we met up before class and got to watch it. Really neat! 

wasn't full here but still cool to see.

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

thats what I'm guessing. 

Thinking it was all good on the new phones because they don't have a real home button, but matt told me yesterday his lock button stopped working on his iPhone 7+; probably because of sweat too! lol

can't win.

BTW my home button is starting to double click randomly when I click once. Not a huge nuisance, but a sign that it may be going tits up soon as well. 

Just hold out till 7s pls

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

1 minute ago, vetali said:

BTW my home button is starting to double click randomly when I click once. Not a huge nuisance, but a sign that it may be going tits up soon as well. 

Just hold out till 7s pls

my old phone with the broken button sold for $165 on ebay...

the goofball hasn't paid for it yet... so I can't ship it till he pays for it. Making me angry... why would ebay even allow this?! Why is he not getting charged for not paying and me getting a cut for the inconvenience?

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

thats what I'm guessing. 

can't win.

so how does he lock/power on his phone lol

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I know right! A friend of mine had eclipse glasses so we met up before class and got to watch it. Really neat! 

wasn't full here but still cool to see.

half my school left class to see the eclipse lol after that everyone went back. personally i just caught up with friends.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

so how does he lock/power on his phone lol

half my school left class to see the eclipse lol after that everyone went back. personally i just caught up with friends.

i just thought about that.. he can lock it with the on screen thing. but like if the battery dies he's stuck lol

he hasn't been answering my texts today. I think I know what happened XD. I'll see him in management class tomorrow though... we didn't plan this but turns out we are taking the exact same class together even though we are two different majors. thought it was funny lol

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

my old phone with the broken button sold for $165 on ebay...

the goofball hasn't paid for it yet... so I can't ship it till he pays for it. Making me angry... why would ebay even allow this?! Why is he not getting charged for not paying and me getting a cut for the inconvenience?

How long ago did it sell? Can you cancel the sale?

Just now, vetali said:

How long ago did it sell? Can you cancel the sale?

it sold on saturday night... It's like too early to cancel it imo but long enough to annoy me... really thought he was gonna pay today

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

it sold on saturday night... It's like too early to cancel it imo but long enough to annoy me... really thought he was gonna pay today

I'd message him tell him hes got 24 hours to purchase it or the sale will be voided. 

Just now, vetali said:

I'd message him tell him hes got 24 hours to purchase it or the sale will be voided. 

ill do that tomorrow. im gonna try to be patient with him...

Spoiler

oh my god this cold sucks. It's gotten to the point where I can't even breathe out of my nose at all, both nostrils are plugged the FUCK up. Also I can't hear out of one ear, it got all plugged up from all the nose blowing, so that's fucking great.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

9 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Really really clean car. Not a huge fan of the DCT, would've preferred manual, but still very clean, and it looks super factory.

56 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Really really clean car. Not a huge fan of the DCT, would've preferred manual, but still very clean, and it looks super factory.

DCT is actually very good, it's the SMG that isn't great. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

4 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

DCT is actually very good, it's the SMG that isn't great. 

still prefer manual, it's just me. a high revving engine like that deserves a manual.

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

just take your time and make sure it's right. No need to rush even though you will want to. It's not like it's a customer's car you know?

Oh I know. Probably gonna deeply rip into it Friday night with my stepfather, get the intake, Bypass Valve, and maybe the turbo swapped over, and then figure out whatever else needs to be swapped over, and we'll be set

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I always thought the SHO was a KLZE with an intake. 

You could say its more of a Toyota in that case.