Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Not an EUDM model, just was manufactured in Finland and have paperwork about that 

Oh I didn't know they made Saabs here. Who's it made by? Valmet? 

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

My dad's USDM Audi a6 has rear fogs (but interestingly no front fogs) 

I think they build all the Audi's in Germany still tho and ship em here. So probably one of those unnecessary but there things

I like rear fogs tho... They def help, every few years we'll have a bad fog accident somewhere around here because someone didn't see the person in front and then a pile up ensues 

Well I guess that's why they're mandatory here, fog and snowstorms. 

My car doesn't have front fogs either, as they aren't mandatory the guy who bought it didn't tick the option. 

I'm sort of surprised all cars don't come with them. It's a very simple addition to safety. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

16 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Oh I didn't know they made Saabs here. Who's it made by? Valmet? 

Well I guess that's why they're mandatory here, fog and snowstorms. 

My car doesn't have front fogs either, as they aren't mandatory the guy who bought it didn't tick the option. 

I'm sort of surprised all cars don't come with them. It's a very simple addition to safety. 

I believe so

Fogs are so nice. The Impala doesn't have them and it makes spotting deer at night nearly impossible 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, Speedyv said:

Z06?

That's what he was looking at, a C6 Z06 or C7 Z51... till I brought up the Viper idea that is... there was a 2003 Viper not too far from him listed at 28k and it got him interested.  But he's a typical car guy, he'll change his mind a billion times before actually getting something

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

That's what he was looking at, a C6 Z06 or C7 Z51... till I brought up the Viper idea that is... there was a 2003 Viper not too far from him listed at 28k and it got him interested.  But he's a typical car guy, he'll change his mind a billion times before actually getting something

Those Vipers always seemed unrefined. C6 is badass though. 

System: Thinkpad T460

10 hours ago, Speedyv said:

A Ghibli is just about the worst car investment ever. Not only is it gonna depreciate like hell, you also look like a cheapo lease that couldn't afford a Ferrari. Who would honestly buy one over the E Class AMG.

Considering a Ghibli costs around £50k whilst an E AMG is upwards of £80k, thats a pretty stupid comparison

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Considering a Ghibli costs around £50k whilst an E AMG is upwards of £80k, thats a pretty stupid comparison

A used one would be nice, but brand new hell no. If you can get one a few months old you'll aoid the new 480 quid road tax and instead get the 300 pound one. How much is the M5 anyway? The new shape is pretty damn nice and perhaps they're clearing out old shape M5s for good prices

Also guys, Ibiza Cupra 1.8t the new one I mean or the 1.8t Polo Gti?

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

Also guys, Ibiza Cupra 1.8t the new one I mean or the 1.8t Polo Gti?

I would probably go with the Polo GTI.

Just now, GlassBomb said:

I would probably go with the Polo GTI.

Any reasons? The Gti is around 1k more expensive. Does it come with the Golf Gti's "magic diff?"

6 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Any reasons? The Gti is around 1k more expensive. Does it come with the Golf Gti's "magic diff?"

I think a lot of it is just me preferring VW as a brand. But also the looks of the Polo, always enjoyed the styling of it.

Just now, GlassBomb said:

I think a lot of it is just me preferring VW as a brand. But also the looks of the Polo, always enjoyed the styling of it.

I agree.The Seat looks a lot less special than the Polo. The front looks pretty nice. Just saw the S1 and it costs sooo much more. Starting at 19k and probably harder to maintain due to Haldex AWD system. Apparently it wears through tires more or requires all 4 tires to be replaced if 1 of them go bad. Looks pretty nice though

1 hour ago, IAR117 said:

1k would probably buy you a magic diff for the polo if it doesn't have one. 

labor tho...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Left my windows open last night and walked 15 minutes to the movie theater. When I got out it started sprinkling. 7 minutes of running later I get back to a wet car. Good thing I keep a towel with me in the car, and I blasted A/C on the way home so everything is dry now

Lesson learned. If you're not going to bother looking at the weather app Just leave the windows up. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, IAR117 said:

A used one would be nice, but brand new hell no. If you can get one a few months old you'll aoid the new 480 quid road tax and instead get the 300 pound one. How much is the M5 anyway? The new shape is pretty damn nice and perhaps they're clearing out old shape M5s for good prices

F10s can be had for around £35k near the bottom

3 hours ago, IAR117 said:

The Polo GTi's arent all that great apparently and I've heard nothing bad about the Ibiza

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

41 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

F10s can be had for around £35k near the bottom

The Polo GTi's arent all that great apparently and I've heard nothing bad about the Ibiza

Only reason I'm thinking about it is that it's probably easier to insure and the build quality of the Fiesta leaves much to be desired and overall I'm pretty impressed by Volkswagen interiors.

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

1k would probably buy you a magic diff for the polo if it doesn't have one. 

labor tho...

xD it sounds weird without context. Or I could say Magic LSD, that makes it worse lol

I found one that does anyway

this honestly kinda comes as a surprise. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-03/toyota-may-buy-mazda-stake-build-joint-u-s-plant-nikkei-says i mean i kinda didn't expect a partnership between the two,but i also didn't expect them to be collaborating on EV tech and building a new US factory together.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, IAR117 said:

Only reason I'm thinking about it is that it's probably easier to insure and the build quality of the Fiesta leaves much to be desired and overall I'm pretty impressed by Volkswagen interiors.

UK insurance prices? At what age btw

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Speedyv said:

Those Vipers always seemed unrefined. C6 is badass though. 

thats kinda the point though :D 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

UK insurance prices? At what age btw

I've no clue xD I'm just a 15 year old, but I guess I enjoy looking up realistic cars. At 19/20 btw and yes UK unfortunately