Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, IAR117 said:

GT86- Supercharger, Turbocharger or NA? What would y'all have?

Neither

WGP-Subaru-BRZ-2.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, IAR117 said:

Dude, what?!? Your frined in the UK? That is insane, those are expensive cars as well, holy crap!!!

Yeah, its only about £300 more than his Twingo 133

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

bad sector count is up to 300 now... ("raw value" in SMART is 12C in hexadecimal and that converts to 300 decimal.. that's what I should be looking at right??)

ohh! My boot hard drive in my desktop is dying btw. it has 44,640 hours on it lol

suddenly started getting bad sectors last night. Immediately cloned the drive to my nas with clonezilla while it still works (It has a lot of free space luckily so i think my data is safe... everything still works good so far..). im freeing up space where i can to hopefully keep it alive.

and i ordered a 512GB crucial MX200 on ebay for $125. gonna sell my 840 pro 128GB that i use for caching probably to recoup some of those losses. (I really have no use for it other than caching lol)

nothing like hard drive failure to ruin your day. at least i got a warning. 

yay for forced SSD upgrade lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, techswede said:

Neither

WGP-Subaru-BRZ-2.jpg

If I had to boost I'd for a supercharger to retain the engine's charectaristics or something. I think it'll be more na feeling than a the turbo. Is that Brz stock?

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

bad sector count is up to 300 now... ("raw value" in SMART is 12C in hexadecimal and that converts to 300 decimal.. that's what I should be looking at right??)

ohh! My boot hard drive in my desktop is dying btw. it has 44,640 hours on it lol

suddenly started getting bad sectors last night. Immediately cloned the drive to my nas with clonezilla while it still works (It has a lot of free space luckily so i think my data is safe... everything still works good so far..). im freeing up space where i can to hopefully keep it alive.

and i ordered a 512GB crucial MX200 on ebay for $125. gonna sell my 840 pro 128GB that i use for caching probably to recoup some of those losses. (I really have no use for it other than caching lol)

nothing like hard drive failure to ruin your day. at least i got a warning. 

yay for forced SSD upgrade lol

I got a brand new MX300 525 GB for like £130 and I can recommend it. Anyway good excuse for an SSD :P

Just now, IAR117 said:

If I had to boost I'd for a supercharger to retain the engine's charectaristics or something. I think it'll be more na feeling than a the turbo. Is that Brz stock?

I'd probably go for a supercharger as well. But i'd probably factor in an LS swap into the price anyway. Tiny car + Big engine = Smiles.

It isn't stock. But its so well done. If it wasn't for the corvette labeled covers you almost couldn't tell i guess.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

I'd probably go for a supercharger as well. But i'd probably factor in an LS swap into the price anyway. Tiny car + Big engine = Smiles.

It isn't stock. But its so well done. If it wasn't for the corvette labeled covers you almost couldn't tell i guess.

it's like the miata LS engine swaps that FM does... they do an amazing job at making it all look factory. 

$50k to have them do it for you though xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's like the miata LS engine swaps that FM does... they do an amazing job at making it all look factory. 

Yeah 50K for a BRZ is a tough sell.. Especially when the 124 Abarth is only 36k and i actually want that car.

21 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

At that price you really might aswell just buy a Corvette

No miata is worth $50k

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

8 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

No miata is worth $50k

27 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yeah 50K for a BRZ is a tough sell.. Especially when the 124 Abarth is only 36k and i actually want that car.

oh i don't think you're reading it right.

it's 50K to have the engine and drivetrain installed (including parts)..

you still have to buy the car itself lol

Spoiler

Miata

Miata

Is

Always

The

Answer

Ford

Found

On

Road

Dead

Saab

Somethings 

Almost

Always

Broken

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

9 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

No miata is worth $50k

you could argue that it could be for a special use case where you need that much power in a waay smaller car than what they offer but I honestly can't  think of a legitimate reason xD

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Wait.. They charge 50K for a fucking engine swap!? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Fuck that.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Miata

Miata

Is

Always

The

Answer

Ford

Found

On

Road

Dead

Saab

Somethings 

Almost

Always

Broken

Lotus

Lots

Of

Trouble,

Usually

Serious

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Miata

Miata

Is

Always

The

Answer

Ford

Found

On

Road

Dead

Saab

Somethings 

Almost

Always

Broken

Country

Hicks

Everyday

Vehicle

YEEHAW

Oh and.

Carry 

A

Mechanic

And

Repair

Often

Alternatively. Can a mechanic actually repair one.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:26 AM, bcredeur97 said:

i like how im right in front of my pc but im too lazy to take screenshots...

I'm on an IT course, and my classmates and such do that all the time. I'm like, dude wtf

On 8/3/2017 at 4:08 AM, vinyldash303 said:

I think the first fru fru car I get will be a first gen R8 v10.

Define fru fru car xD

On 8/3/2017 at 10:01 PM, vinyldash303 said:

Pretty much the one I want.

That gated shifter tho :x

I also would nut myself over one.

Audi-R8-2013-8%252520-%252520Copy%25255B

I like the taillights of the facelifted version tho... They look amazing at night in FH3 xD

On 8/4/2017 at 1:23 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

Oh my god my birthday cake has this cherry filling that's too alcoholic. You can smell it from the next room over.

I'm a bit late, but happy birthday man! :D

20 hours ago, terrytek said:

I like the exterior color and all, but that interior, wtf?

It has the 3.8, 6 speed and all that tho, gimme

20 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

needs to be purple with fully black interior ... then it would be worth looking at :P
(looks like this one  has gray interior ...)

^^ This.

You know me well xD

6 hours ago, IAR117 said:

I'd get an NA, but I'd probably get tired of it and go with forced induction, not sure which type tho.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'm on an IT course, and my classmates and such do that all the time. I'm like, dude wtf

well you see I already had my phone out with the forum up... it was super easy to just scroll down; take a photo, and then post it. 

it got the job done... it didn't need to be beautiful xD 

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

well you see I already had my phone out with the forum up... it was super easy to just scroll down; take a photo, and then post it. 

it got the job done... it didn't need to be beautiful xD 

Yeah, they do it when they have Messenger open on their phones and are using the computer for everything else. But the potato quality never helps and sometimes it makes us waste more time than if a screenshot was taken, oh well xD

It did, sometimes it doesn't happen with my mates xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

31 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

No I read it right

I just dont think its worth spending that much on one is what I meant

Do they use brand new engines and gearboxes?

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

No I read it right

I just dont think its worth spending that much on one is what I meant

Do they use brand new engines and gearboxes?

i think they do. so there's that bonus.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i think they do. so there's that bonus.

If they are then theres the reason why its so expensive, bet that alone is around 30k

Edit* Just went onto the chevrolet website, brand new LS3 is $8k ish

11 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Casual trip into town, not 1, not 2, but 3 Cossies

From Ireland of all places

20170804_111711.jpg

can i have the blue one ... plez? :D 

6 hours ago, IAR117 said:

VR38DETT swap it :P 

VQ35DE or VQ37VHR will do as well xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

28 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

^^ This.

You know me well xD

naaah.. i just would honestly buy a BMW ... if i could find one in that purple ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

16 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

can i have the blue one ... plez? :D 

If you can find it :P

Seen 2 more today but didnt take pictures

Yes I know all seasons aren't ideal. But why are the best all seasons for snow and ice use? Next year I'm planning on running dedicated summer and winter tires. But I can't afford to atm and the wagon needs new tires dearly. Any suggestions? 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB