Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Just had a look online and finally the S2K is appreciating :/ a 2001 model will set you 5 grand and at v. high mileage. Whoever has one, at least in the UK is one lucky person.

And then theres this :o

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707287810018?make=HONDA&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&model=S2000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&postcode=pe28us&page=11

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

My jaw literally just dropped and I got told off by my mum for screaming "HOLY CRAP!" Dude, that's insane. You can get a used V8 Vantage for that money lol

Just now, IAR117 said:

My jaw literally just dropped and I got told off by my mum for screaming "HOLY CRAP!" Dude, that's insane. You can get a used V8 Vantage for that money lol

I'd rather buy a Clio V6 for that price aha

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

I'd rather buy a Clio V6 for that price aha

The update or the preupdate? I headr the original had a bit of a sloppy ride. I mean I'd love that car myself they're so badass, but with such a short wheelbase it can't be easy to drive at above 7/10ths

2 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

The update or the preupdate? I headr the original had a bit of a sloppy ride. I mean I'd love that car myself they're so badass, but with such a short wheelbase it can't be easy to drive at above 7/10ths

Either, preferrably the Phase 2 since they seem to be rarer. It'd be more of an investment than something to drive, possibly for shows

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Either, preferrably the Phase 2 since they seem to be rarer. It'd be more of an investment than something to drive, possibly for shows

Good idea, but then if someone asks you what you drive and you say clio... xD

Just now, IAR117 said:

Good idea, but then if someone asks you what you drive and you say clio... xD

It wouldn't be my only car obviously :P

I'd probably have a DS3R or another RS Clio/Megane to drive xD

Do like my french hot hatches

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

It wouldn't be my only car obviously :P

I'd probably have a DS3R or another RS Clio/Megane to drive xD

Do like my french hot hatches

DS3R? I've fallen in love with that car ever since I sat in a standard non sport one. The interior is pretty damn nice, well at least that one was. As for the clio, damn I'm annoyed the new one only launched with an auto

Just now, IAR117 said:

DS3R? I've fallen in love with that car ever since I sat in a standard non sport one. The interior is pretty damn nice, well at least that one was. As for the clio, damn I'm annoyed the new one only launched with an auto

I'm actually hoping to get one for my C2's replacement once I get 2 years NCD

If I can't afford the Racing ill get a THP and if I can't afford that then it'll be a 182 Clio

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

I'm actually hoping to get one for my C2's replacement once I get 2 years NCD

If I can't afford the Racing ill get a THP and if I can't afford that then it'll be a 182 Clio

What's the difference between the THP, Racing and Performance? I love the look of the racing, looks like a training shoe lol. 182 Clios are awsome but whenever I look at them I find the 197 being just a little more expesive and is it worth it? I can never make my mind up

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

What's the difference between the THP, Racing and Performance? I love the look of the racing, looks like a training shoe lol. 182 Clios are awsome but whenever I look at them I find the 197 being just a little more expesive and is it worth it? I can never make my mind up

The THP and the racing both have the 1.6 Turbo but the THP has around 150-160hp whereas the Racing has 210. THP is more for the casual buyer but since the engines are identical I could get it and map it to around 200hp with no problems, think the suspension on the Racing is also more sporty and ofc it comes with stickers :P

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

The THP and the racing both have the 1.6 Turbo but the THP has around 150-160hp whereas the Racing has 210. THP is more for the casual buyer but since the engines are identical I could get it and map it to around 200hp with no problems, think the suspension on the Racing is also more sporty and ofc it comes with stickers :P

Hmm, thanks man. Interesting idea, the THP I mean. Definately seems more insurable than the Racing lol. I guess when I can afford it I can get a remap in the future

5 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Just looked up the perfomance, basically sounds like its a DS3R in the facelifted body

Just now, IAR117 said:

Hmm, thanks man. Interesting idea, the THP I mean. Definately seems more insurable than the Racing lol. I guess when I can afford it I can get a remap in the future

Its about £170 cheaper for me to insure a THP compared to the Racing, and if I can afford to buy the R than thats what imma get

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Just looked up the perfomance, basically sounds like its a DS3R in the facelifted body

I personally prefer the new body but probs a lot more expensive lol. Which do you prefer? IMO the DS3R is more ricey but still looks cool yet the performance is more subtle

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Its about £170 cheaper for me to insure a THP compared to the Racing, and if I can afford to buy the R than thats what imma get

Hmm. I'm rubbish with understanding insurance cos im just a kid lol. But hey I'm better than my 14 yr old friend who thinks he can insure the Focus RS at 17. If you don't know here in the UK insurance is awful

1 hour ago, IAR117 said:

Hmm. I'm rubbish with understanding insurance cos im just a kid lol. But hey I'm better than my 14 yr old friend who thinks he can insure the Focus RS at 17. If you don't know here in the UK insurance is awful

He might be able to if he works full time all year round and makes enough hourly. Though its affording the car he should be worried about more then the insurance.

58 minutes ago, LinusDropTechTips said:

He might be able to if he works full time all year round and makes enough hourly. Though its affording the car he should be worried about more then the insurance.

An RS at 17 would cost north of £6k to insure.

He'd have to have a full time job and no other expenses leading up to that point

2 hours ago, IAR117 said:

I personally prefer the new body but probs a lot more expensive lol. Which do you prefer? IMO the DS3R is more ricey but still looks cool yet the performance is more subtle

I love the R but I wouldn't get a black/orange one, there's a more subtle looking white one currently for sale that I like the look of very much but as theres currently only 1, I think ill have to get a black one

Pretty much what you want to find is the best car for under £2000 on the insurance costs, anything more than that is a waste unless the car is worth that much

7 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Gets stress wrinkles from the long hours he pulls ranting 

yeah actually i do have wrinkles when i raise my eyebrows lol i'm getting the wrinkles of an 80 year old.

Just had a look online and finally the S2K is appreciating :/ a 2001 model will set you 5 grand and at v. high mileage. Whoever has one, at least in the UK is one lucky person.

that same s2k goes for about 15 grand in the states. it's even worse.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

yeah actually i do have wrinkles when i raise my eyebrows lol i'm getting the wrinkles of an 80 year old.

that same s2k goes for about 15 grand in the states. it's even worse.

Woah 15k? That sucks

It's happening 

20170803_124821.png

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Shiiiit here it comes

Yeye

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB