Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I took the car out for a spin a few days back to pick up that monitor I RMAed to Samsung...

It's amazing what an oil change and an air filter cleaning could do... I was able to get a bit more power and get the revs higher faster compared to before the oil change... the torque drop due to the A/C compressor somehow got weaker too...

going out for another drive a few hours from now... might be able to have some fun since I'm taking one of the less traveled roads...

Well i didnt expected to come across a topic like this on a tech forum... :D I have only motors but i hope its not a problem :D :

The "old geezer":

IMG_20120820_193006.jpg

The "new comer"(its only 2 years old, if you accept an advice from me dont buy this brand):

DSC00600.JPG

And the "bad guy":

20151201_153323.jpg

Keep that "old geezer"... It looks like it would cost a lot of money a few more decades down the road...

Problem I have with wheels is that it's hard to find decent, or well "neutral" looking one's that don't attract too much attention and are also lightweight. I do agree though, I've needed new wheels from the start lol, those steelies aren't good for anything and they are a little bent. Maybe I should just find a place that sells used rims, if such a place even exists here. Most people around here when they get rims, they are putting gigantic one's on trucks or they are putting big shiny one's on their donk lol.. I just want something simple and clean and lightweight if I were to get something. Hard to choose your rims when you're looking for used one's though I guess. But if anyone has any suggestions... fire away

I said minimum twice a week... there was that one week when I sort of used my economy car as an economy car for once. lol These days I will pretty much be redlining it all the time. Does take forever to get there though lol, but I do that on most straight highway on-ramps of which by the end of it im only doing the speed limit xD

if you wanna go ultra budget and ghetto, you can even just get bigger steelies... :D

sure they'll be heavier, but honestly I think you'd gain more from stickier and shorter sidewall tires then you'd lose from a little bit heavier wheels

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

if you wanna go ultra budget and ghetto, you can even just get bigger steelies... :D

sure they'll be heavier, but honestly I think you'd gain more from stickier and shorter sidewall tires then you'd lose from a little bit heavier wheels

Acid dip them, removes most of the weight. :ph34r:

Keep that "old geezer"... It looks like it would cost a lot of money a few more decades down the road...

Well currently its priced at 100€ or lower so its not a big value... At least for others. I have that for several years and i love simplicity of its construction(it has some flaws but the parts are very cheap in most cases).

Acid dip them, removes most of the weight. :ph34r:

sounds legit.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Got tickets for the new star wars movie in the next best movie theater in my area because i did not want to drive in gothenburg..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

got the Front end of my car taken apart the other day. Probably going to do the messy stuff like draining coolant, disconnecting ac, and power steering to get ready to pull the engine out.

LjRruI0.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

got the Front end of my car taken apart the other day. Probably going to do the messy stuff like draining coolant, disconnecting ac, and power steering to get ready to pull the engine out.

Remember. The coolant will never go where you expect it to go  :ph34r:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I took the car out for a spin a few days back to pick up that monitor I RMAed to Samsung...It's amazing what an oil change and an air filter cleaning could do... I was able to get a bit more power and get the revs higher faster compared to before the oil change... the torque drop due to the A/C compressor somehow got weaker too...going out for another drive a few hours from now... might be able to have some fun since I'm taking one of the less traveled roads...Keep that "old geezer"... It looks like it would cost a lot of money a few more decades down the road...

It's a jawa you would have to wait multiple decades for them to be collectible (going off the same knowledge for communist cars) but I like those kind of cars just because of there quirks do there is a market for them

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Remember. The coolant will never go where you expect it to go  :ph34r:

yeah, that is usually how it works. :P

Luckily bmw put a drain plug on the bottom of the rad so you a least have some idea of where it will go. That never takes care of all the coolant though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

it's actually kind of difficult to find 16" 4x100 steelies lol

But yeah Some Dunlop DZ102's on some 16" wheels maybe 195/50R16 or even 195/45R16 would help a ton. Not sure if 205's can fit my car... that would be a bonus. And those dunlops last a decent amount of time. I have them on my dad's car. Love them

Having 4x100 is killing me. I found a set of 4, 5 lug 16" steelies that are 6" wide for $40 on craigslist... xD and they came with the valve stems haha

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

that looks nice for the price. I have always loved that gen mr2. Im going to guess the mileage is a bit high though.

Stop it. please.

xD

Not like I can drive that far, but please just stop lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Stop it. please.

xD

Not like I can drive that far, but please just stop lol

okay... I really want one, and like to share my pain. :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

On an interesting note, my friend keeps getting pulled over by the police at least once a day because he drives a vw golf r32.

And some bastard thieves have tried unsuccessfully three times to steal my sibling's bmw f30 series. I hate the area I live in

On an interesting note, my friend keeps getting pulled over by the police at least once a day because he drives a vw golf r32.

And some bastard thieves have tried unsuccessfully three times to steal my sibling's bmw f30 series. I hate the area I live in

They don't like golfs?

But yeah Some Dunlop DZ102's on some 16" wheels maybe 195/50R16 or even 195/45R16 would help a ton. Not sure if 205's can fit my car... that would be a bonus. And those dunlops last a decent amount of time. I have them on my dad's car. Love them

Having 4x100 is killing me. I found a set of 4, 5 lug 16" steelies that are 6" wide for $40 on craigslist... xD and they came with the valve stems haha

ok so steelies are prolly out... but 16" 4x100 regular wheels shouldn't be to hard to find used and cheap, its a common size for 90's and early 2000's honda's

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

It's a jawa you would have to wait multiple decades for them to be collectible (going off the same knowledge for communist cars) but I like those kind of cars just because of there quirks do there is a market for them

Yep, Jawa Babetta 50 and similar are dime a dozen in Europe. They are still fun though. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

You're killing me here. I actually just recycled my factory 16" 4x100 factory wheels from my focus this fall. They were in great shape but worth next to nothing so I didn't want to go through the pain in the ass that craigslist can be. I would have sent them to you for just the cost of the shipping. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

pardon me if i forgot, but why are you doing this again? i think i didn't see why when you originally said why

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You're killing me here. I actually just recycled my factory 16" 4x100 factory wheels from my focus this fall. They were in great shape but worth next to nothing so I didn't want to go through the pain in the ass that craigslist can be. I would have sent them to you for just the cost of the shipping.

:(

Spoiler

ok so steelies are prolly out... but 16" 4x100 regular wheels shouldn't be to hard to find used and cheap, its a common size for 90's and early 2000's honda's

None on Craigslist nearby unfortunately :(

Will just have to keep my eyes open. Not in a rush to get them yet anyways because I will likely want to finish off the tires I have now first

Spoiler

pardon me if i forgot, but why are you doing this again? i think i didn't see why when you originally said why

was originally going to be a clutch job, but im probably going to end up swaping in an ls1