Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

You're killing me here. I actually just recycled my factory 16" 4x100 factory wheels from my focus this fall. They were in great shape but worth next to nothing so I didn't want to go through the pain in the ass that craigslist can be. I would have sent them to you for just the cost of the shipping. 

come on man... can't you read his mind and just know that he needs them?  haha

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

come on man... can't you read his mind and just know that he needs them?  haha

I have to work harder on that whole mental telepathy thing. Or at least that's what my girlfriend keeps saying.  :ph34r:

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

None on Craigslist nearby unfortunately :(

Will just have to keep my eyes open. Not in a rush to get them yet anyways because I will likely want to finish off the tires I have now first

actually, 15's would be good too, still a significant improvement over the 14's...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

was originally going to be a clutch job, but im probably going to end up swaping in an ls1

Lol *just doing a quick clutch job, maybe an LS1 on the side you know, no big deal*

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Which would be a better project car 

'65 Mustang : http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5354850847.html

or a '61 Falcon http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5338956674.html 

the falcon doesn't exist anymore, or the link is broken. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

actually, 15's would be good too, still a significant improvement over the 14's...

Still can't find squat locally. Will have to scour eBay I guess where everything seems to be overpriced these days...

What on earth is wrong with my town? It's all mud tires and wheels for trucks or golf carts lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

in my opinion, if you have to ask, neither... for something as involved as building up something like this would you have to know exactly what you want

was originally going to be a clutch job, but im probably going to end up swaping in an ls1

not really sure if i approve of this ls1 swap. i'd prefer something other than something american.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

in my opinion, if you have to ask, neither... for something as involved as building up something like this would you have to know exactly what you want

nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_f

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Cylinder 3 is officially borked. Mustang is un-drive-able at the moment.

I'll get you a picture of mine with 131000 on them here in a bit and see what people have to say about them.

Original plugs?

Mustang.

Good point, thank you

Original plugs?

Mustang.

what happened?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Original plugs?

Mustang.

that sucks... :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Original plugs?

Mustang.

Dead cylinder?

Been there, drove that... (but holy shit the engine on the lynx just kept on going... dead cylinder? lemme go another 50km for you... broken O2 sensors? I'll rest when once we're past this mountain pass... dead ignition coil? I'll rest when we're home...)

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Denso or NGK is fine for Japanese vehicles.

awesome. thanks. my dad is onboard, so we'll order them and I'll change them next week some time.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

awesome. thanks. my dad is onboard, so we'll order them and I'll change them next week some time.

I should say, some of those toyota motors suggest double ground spark plugs.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

So this weekend will (hopefully) be the end of the bench seat to buckets conversion. Gonna go look at some seats and hopefully get at least the driver's seat. Also finally getting the steelies from my buddy and might even paint them next week (maybe. might just rock em how they are). Depends on how much I wind up giving a crap. They're not in too bad of shape). Much excite. Hopefully the Bravada I go to get them out of still has all its doors and windows intact and closed. That's something thats freaking stupid, let me rant about that. If you've gone to the trouble to pull something from the interior of a vehicle in the yard, try and keep the window closed and not knock it halfway down its track and for fucks sake, close the god damn door after you're done (assuming it can. 8 times out of 10 it does close, so freaking close it. You're give a shit level is high enough to where you can be bothered to close the door after you're done so the rain does not mold the seats. However I do understand that there are such things as leaky roofs. One seat had fallen victim  a fucked seal around the luggage rack and water ruined the head liner and after that, the seat. But still, even so close the freaking doors people.

/rant

Have you looked into Colorado seats at all? They have leather versions. Might bolt in with a few brackets. Also have heated seats

@warmmilk definetly going with 15" rims... DZ102's are only $65 a tire at that size xD

$261 for a set of 4 LOL

Spoiler

@vetali My god they're exactly the same as far as bench seats go, just on different rails.  :blink:

EDIT: Apperently the colorado uses the same rails as the H3 so that's another option for just having to convert the rails...

I suggest the Colorado ones unless you want something to hold you from sliding around. They're pretty flat but good feeling leather. I worked on one a few days back and remembered that you were looking for leather seats.

@bob345 why not a 2jz swap for your e46? they're pretty common for e46s so you could get some parts for it at relatively low prices, and also, to me, it would sound better.

@warmmilk definetly going with 15" rims... DZ102's are only $65 a tire at that size xD

$261 for a set of 4 LOL

cheaper than 1 tire for a e39 m5 xD

That's about how the seats I'm hoping to get are. Here's hoping they'll be in good shape when I go to look at them tomorrow. :unsure:

Local yard here has used tires for about $230 for all terrains 235/75/15 that my buddy got with 80% tread left. They were actually on the wheels I'm getting from him.

For what I do, I might as well get new ones. They are so cheap anyway. Summer tires are already a super rare site here, everyone is using cheap all-seasons. So it might actually be hard to come across such a small summer tire that I need.

I'm gonna have to scour the local junkyard though for some 15" (5.5-6.5 in. Wide) steelies lol

I also really need to figure out what the widest tire I can fit is. I want every single mm of grip I can get lol

Maybe I will finally defeat the almighty old guy in the 90's Mazda protege in the H stock class xD

Spoiler