Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Ever seen a video of someone doing burnouts next to lava. It sounds awesome

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

We may stop there on the way back. We're heading all the way to Houghton,MI from South Bend, IN

I think it's this place actually, I haven't been there in a really long time but it looks familiar and is the only rootbeer place in Oshkosh aside from the A&W, which definitely isn't it.

post-1744-0-36141900-1450282687_thumb.pn

which mountain can i see it

Go to Google Maps and look up Wind Mountain in southern New Mexico, it's along the NM/Texas border. The one I'm talking about is directly south of it.

This should get you to it but I don't know how Google does their links.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.0124766,-105.4872265,11204m/data=!3m1!1e3

Okay so I don't think it's a mountain, it looks suspiciously like a volcano. With a path up. Should take it.

also your a lucky man you live close the the white sands missile base im jealous 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

also your a lucky man you live close the the white sands missile base im jealous 

I've been there too, it's cool. Still haven't been to the sands though.

I think it's this place actually, I haven't been there in a really long time but it looks familiar and is the only rootbeer place in Oshkosh aside from the A&W, which definitely isn't it.

attachicon.gifrootbeer place.png

Go to Google Maps and look up Wind Mountain in southern New Mexico, it's along the NM/Texas border. The one I'm talking about is directly south of it.

This should get you to it but I don't know how Google does their links.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.0124766,-105.4872265,11204m/data=!3m1!1e3

its not a volcano but you also cant drive up it 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

its not a volcano but you also cant drive up it 

I dunno, this area is actually really volcanic. You also under-estimate the power of four wheel drive and stupidity. :ph34r:

Ever seen a video of someone doing burnouts next to lava. It sounds awesome

*does burnout next to lava, loses a tire, grounds begin to shake like volcano is about to erupt*

Hope you're quick at putting on the spare :P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I dunno, this area is actually really volcanic. You also under-estimate the power of four wheel drive and stupidity. :ph34r:

no i mean legally you cant drive up it  it says its a foot path only 

no i mean legally you cant drive up it  it says its a foot path only 

Oh. Where'd you see that?

Oh. Where'd you see that?

also looks like it might be physically impossible to drive up it 

Overview Wind Mountain is the highest point in the Cornudas Mountains. These remote desert mountains are located about 70 miles east of El Paso, and straddle the Texas-New Mexico state line. The Cornudas Mountains are located in an area known as Otero Mesa, a million-acre grassland located on the northern edge of the Chihuahuan Desert. The rugged Cornudas Mountains are virtually unknown. They are really just a clump of cone-shaped, igneous intrusions that rise dramatically above the desert flats, and include nine individual members: Flat Top, Washburn, Wind, Alamo, San Antonio, Chattfield, Cornudas, Black, and Deer Mountains. When seen from a distance, Wind Mountain looks like nothing more than a big hill. But as you get closer, you quickly realize that this is a real mountain, with cliffs, boulders, and steep scree slopes. 

With an elevation of 7,280', Wind Mountain ranks way down on the New Mexico elevation list. But the new field of Prominence has made Wind Mountain a more important objective. With a prominence of 2,340’, Wind Mountain is just big enough to make an appearance on the New Mexico Prominence Map.

also looks like it might be physically impossible to drive up it 

Overview Wind Mountain is the highest point in the Cornudas Mountains. These remote desert mountains are located about 70 miles east of El Paso, and straddle the Texas-New Mexico state line. The Cornudas Mountains are located in an area known as Otero Mesa, a million-acre grassland located on the northern edge of the Chihuahuan Desert. The rugged Cornudas Mountains are virtually unknown. They are really just a clump of cone-shaped, igneous intrusions that rise dramatically above the desert flats, and include nine individual members: Flat Top, Washburn, Wind, Alamo, San Antonio, Chattfield, Cornudas, Black, and Deer Mountains. When seen from a distance, Wind Mountain looks like nothing more than a big hill. But as you get closer, you quickly realize that this is a real mountain, with cliffs, boulders, and steep scree slopes. 

With an elevation of 7,280', Wind Mountain ranks way down on the New Mexico elevation list. But the new field of Prominence has made Wind Mountain a more important objective. With a prominence of 2,340’, Wind Mountain is just big enough to make an appearance on the New Mexico Prominence Map.

Yeah but that's for Wind Mountain specifically, what about the one south of it? Can't find any info on that.

Yeah but that's for Wind Mountain specifically, what about the one south of it? Can't find any info on that.

they all look very steep and just looking it up saw there were a few people that died in that mountain range for four wheeling i would say wouldn't risk driving up it at least until you actually see the mountain in person 

they all look very steep and just looking it up saw there were a few people that died in that mountain range for four wheeling i would say wouldn't risk driving up it at least until you actually see the mountain in person 

Well that'd be the idea. Don't want to commit to something if I can't do it.

Noooooooooooooooooo as in I already have half of my HF tools in craftsmen. I just need to replace the ones I have doubles of in my tool case with my craftsmen.

Hazet for the win #yall_scrubs_got_them_craftsman_tools? #rofl  (im sorry, i just had to bechause hazet tools are awesome))

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

All my tools are made in china. They all work fine

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

seriously. such music to my ears.

if you like that , you will love the sound of my friends straight piped amg. He has since put on headers so it even crazier.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1L8ZGgMWVKrbDlnRi1FOHhUUHc/view?usp=sharing

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

if you like that , you will love the sound of my friends straight piped amg. He has since put on headers so it even crazier.

holy shit, that's one shot. it's not stable lol

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What kind of AMG? What car?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

anybody know of any good driving roads in northern california?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What kind of AMG? What car?

99 e55 amg

holy shit, that's one shot. it's not stable lol

yeah, i had a longer lens on my camera as well as fy friend driving quite fast. The zoom makes it look allot slower than it was.

highway 9, highway 35, 84 in the west mountains, la honda to highway 1 coming from either 35 or 84. just a few i can think of off the top of my head.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

here's a video of some guy driving hwy 9. This guy is absolutly nuts though.