Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I want

Then take it from him/her, ever hear of "sneaker lift" ?

It is 100% operatable from inside the cab, prolly snag a used one for $1500

Write 'em a cheque and your off in seconds bruh ;)

now you don t awesome wheel lift htl 3500 lift

13 minutes ago, yathis said:

Its fake you know

IMG_62791.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

-

Wrestling is salty, lots of sweat

UFC is better, real fighting, real blood

10 minutes ago, yathis said:

Then take it from him/her, ever hear of "sneaker lift" ?

It is 100% operatable from inside the cab, prolly snag a used one for $1500

Write 'em a cheque and your off in seconds bruh ;)

wat

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

He's saying go repoman on the owners ass

..............but with a check

btw - pc is repoperson

Thought my front was too high... I had the bump stops adding like 2 inches of height xD Even if I lowered the coilovers all the way down lol

Just finished fixing that, only took about thirty minutes since I've pulled out the struts like three times now :D

But damn, now it's low! I will post some photos tomorrow. Also, next paycheck I will be ordering the fender flares and possibly a Buddy Club front lip (look it up on Google, they're the most gorgeous front lips evar).

I also made my pop ups sleepy LOL since why not, it's 420

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Thought my front was too high... I had the bump stops adding like 2 inches of height xD Even if I lowered the coilovers all the way down lol

Just finished fixing that, only took about thirty minutes since I've pulled out the struts like three times now :D

But damn, now it's low! I will post some photos tomorrow. Also, next paycheck I will be ordering the fender flares and possibly a Buddy Club front lip (look it up on Google, they're the most gorgeous front lips evar).

I also made my pop ups sleepy LOL since why not, it's 420

Gonna be getting a Mustang Mach 1 lip for my car sooner than later hopefully. After my new steering wheel. (Photos not of my car obvi) 

Also thinking of doing mean eyes after I get coilovers

14440980489_5fef31875f_o.jpg

IMG_20140509_065250.jpg

edits-Large_zpsa5e471d1.jpg.3f32ff3e4dee179c72dfb7acc31a432c.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

mean eyes

do eyelashes, you be a cooooooool cat! http://www.carlashes.com/themes/custom-1/images/main_slide_1_wt_bmw_v3.jpg,

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

He's saying go repoman on the owners ass

ah

10 minutes ago, yathis said:

..............but with a check

btw - pc is repoperson

That car costs way more than I have.

Been trying to get a moodle server working on FreeBSD for the last idk 7 hours

no dice

cant get PHP working on apache for some reason... 

i hate stupid school projects lol

take something simple and add requirements that make it difficult. Too much outdated info on the internet for this particular project

and I'm supposed to get a zimbra email server working on a BSD distro too... 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Been trying to get a moodle server working on FreeBSD for the last idk 7 hours

no dice

cant get PHP working on apache for some reason... 

i hate stupid school projects lol

I'm bored and going over HTML for fun.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm bored and going over HTML for fun.

I've done enough projects with HTML and CSS in my web design class to honestly be kind of tired of it haha

but if you ever need samples of anything I can send you all my projects we did

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I've done enough projects with HTML and CSS in my web design class to honestly be kind of tired of it haha

but if you ever need samples of anything I can send you all my projects we did

Last time I touched the subject was in 2012 I think so I'm a bit rusty, mostly just reviewing what everything means again. I have a couple ideas for some offline projects I can scratch together for fun.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Last time I touched the subject was in 2012 I think so I'm a bit rusty, mostly just reviewing what everything means again. I have a couple ideas for some offline projects I can scratch together for fun.

HTML itself is pretty easy; well the syntax is.

you just have to remember all the tags and know what they do. Or make a big reference sheet or something

css I find myself googling a lot for tho. But that's also pretty simple syntax-wise. I just use separate style sheets... I don't bother with the CSS inside the HTML file stuff

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

HTML itself is pretty easy; well the syntax is.

you just have to remember all the tags and know what they do. Or make a big reference sheet or something

css I find myself googling a lot for tho. But that's also pretty simple syntax-wise. I just use separate style sheets... I don't bother with the CSS inside the HTML file stuff

w3schools is pretty handy for referencing this. :D There was a kid in my web design class in high school that refused to separate style sheets and html pages, he just had one massive document for it. Miracle anything ever worked.

12 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

ah. Oh well then :/ no RS for @Real_PhillBert

Theyre nice cars, but they are just a focus with a stupid amount of power that it cant handle particularly well and the RS500 is even worse.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/video-focus-rs500-v-clio-cup

150hp more and not much faster around the track.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

hey as far as im concerned, anything newer than 2000 isn't *old* yet.

except maybe the viper :P 

I'm pretty much the same. If I were to buy something from like 2006, I'd be amazed how new it is. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Sup, I'm amazed that this thread is so popular on a tech forum... Anyway, here's my volvo again, and still running

17437448_1743033689252467_6458511390087839744_n.jpg.0d764389ebd842e56892142704219ee0.jpg17932297_624943637704714_3533697545513467904_n.jpg.47d8b9c0d31fae5d567d27c8cc788a7f.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix z390-f

RAM: Hyperx

GPU: Asus rtx 2080 8gb OC

Case: Kolink observatory rgb 

HDD: x1 Seagate HDD x2 Hitachi HDD  

PSU: 500W something  

Monitor: x1 HP Compaq LA2205wg 22 Inch

Fan's: x4 kolink fans

Keyboard: Corsair k55 rgb 

Mouse: Trust Gxt 

Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma Headsett

40 minutes ago, superfart435 ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) said:

Sup, I'm amazed that this thread is so popular on a tech forum... Anyway, here's my volvo again, and still running

V8 swap pls

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

ByYCqNk.gif

Rip, that's why i hate mondays... Hope he/she survived that.

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix z390-f

RAM: Hyperx

GPU: Asus rtx 2080 8gb OC

Case: Kolink observatory rgb 

HDD: x1 Seagate HDD x2 Hitachi HDD  

PSU: 500W something  

Monitor: x1 HP Compaq LA2205wg 22 Inch

Fan's: x4 kolink fans

Keyboard: Corsair k55 rgb 

Mouse: Trust Gxt 

Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma Headsett

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

btw what is up with 2.3 engines exploding?

has anyone ever made a crazy reliable 2.3L engine? pahahaha

it's like a curse almost. he who builds a 2.3 shall blow it up

The merc 190E 2.3-16 engine is pretty decent. Will still blow up eventually but they'll survive quite a bit of abuse.

The 2.3-8v blows head gaskets every sunday. If i ever get another one i'm throwing a steel gasket in.

In other news. Driving the golf today as i'm moving some stuff to the new place. Had forgotten how quiet  it was.

Still eats the rear left brake pads since the caliper is junk but still nice and quiet.

Will be nice to have an excuse to drive to work again though.

And my power bills going from $400-ish to $40 will do wonders for my economy. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

ByYCqNk.gif

tumblr_li2euwCDck1qcsjxo.jpg

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

*Truck falling gif*

Ouch.... I saw similar accident like that long time ago....

Toyota Innova.... Well he sped up while turning and well.... The car didn't make it and bang the car just fell but at least the driver survived (severe injury).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Welp time to do a fresh install of windows after AMD drivers borked my system. Love not being able to diagnose THREAD STUCK ON DEVICE DRIVER bsods.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB