Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I just can't get over the boring exterior and interior that makes it look like a old person's hearing aid. Aside from that I like being in the DANGER ZONE! -yells it in Archers voice-

i guess im weird, i have always loved saabs and volvos, probably started with my dad having a volvo 740 wagon like at least 12 years ago, cirrently my dad has a 2001 volvo S40 xD 

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I love my grandpa mobile thank you 

somehow i cant stop laughing :D 

i probably should go sleep xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i guess im weird, i have always loved saabs and volvos, probably started with my dad having a volvo 740 wagon like at least 12 years ago, cirrently my dad has a 2001 volvo S40 xD 

somehow i cant stop laughing :D 

i probably should go sleep xD 

It's safe because they are ment to appeal to old people and cater to their desires to be safe from harm as old people are frail and break easily.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

It's safe because they are ment to appeal to old people and cater to their desires to be safe from harm as old people are frail and break easily.

honestly, driving a safe fast car is better than driving a fast car :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

6 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

im starting to not like any car companies tho because of the push for self-driving. Especially volvo, they've done a lot in that segment...

Polestar and 'R' models will be missed

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

im starting to not like any car companies tho because of the push for self-driving. Especially volvo, they've done a lot in that segment...

Polestar will be missed

yeah, i hate how much companies go into self-driving aspects for cars, thats why i like older cars xD (quite ironic knowing the few posts above :P )

polestar was amazing, they made volvos .... better 

28 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

Believe they are only said to be safe for all the driver aids you can't turn off making them ugh to drive fast except in a straight line.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

6 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Believe they are only said to be safe for all the driver aids you can't turn off making them ugh to drive fast except in a straight line.

not really, they score quite high in the Euro NCAP crash tests as well, then again quite a lot of cars do xD 

plus if you try hard enough you probably can disable the driving aids you want to disable :P 

30 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

yeah, i hate how much companies go into self-driving aspects for cars, thats why i like older cars xD (quite ironic knowing the few posts above :P )

polestar was amazing, they made volvos .... better 

Bring back the fun :/

Yeah that's why I like old cars too, but finding the spare parts can be problematic, but that's the price I can live with....

Got criticised as well for owning 2006 car because it's 2017 now.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

3 minutes ago, DimasRMDO said:

Yeah that's why I like old cars too, but finding the spare parts can be problematic, but that's the price I can live with....

my parents own a 2001, i would be willing to buy at least a 1998 if not older xD 

i dont see anything wrong with that, except the money being spent to keep the car running :D 

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

my parents own a 2001, i would be willing to buy at least a 1998 if not older xD 

i dont see anything wrong with that, except the money being spent to keep the car running :D 

I know right? They're always concerned about maintenance price, well if you take care of your car it shouldn't let you down.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Just now, DimasRMDO said:

I know right? They're always concerned about maintenance price, well if you take care of your car it shouldn't let you down.

my dad doesnt understand that i would be willing to do all the work on my car, i dont do it on the current car ... cause i rather not fuck up our only car :D 

but i once proved him wrong about me and cars.... with the car having a failing MAF sensor, i told him that the issue the car had (i think it was a rough idle or something) could be fixed by trying to clean it or replacing it, nope he went to a service thing just to find out the same freakign thing i told him without even looking at the car, but that was a long time ago so i dont remember all the details 

31 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

not really, they score quite high in the Euro NCAP crash tests as well, then again quite a lot of cars do xD 

plus if you try hard enough you probably can disable the driving aids you want to disable :P 

Only Volvo I'd buy is the C30 because from what I was told it's essentially a Ford focus RS with the 5 cylinder turbo. Only it looks like a old person's hearing aid and ugh. C30<RS exterior looks.

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

my dad doesnt understand that i would be willing to do all the work on my car, i dont do it on the current car ... cause i rather not fuck up our only car :D 

but i once proved him wrong about me and cars.... with the car having a failing MAF sensor, i told him that the issue the car had (i think it was a rough idle or something) could be fixed by trying to clean it or replacing it, nope he went to a service thing just to find out the same freakign thing i told him without even looking at the car, but that was a long time ago so i dont remember all the details 

Same, but my case is more dangerous....

Squeaking noise while braking, well of course it's the braking system but my family said the brake was good. I couldn't say a thing but to say yes....

I almost had an accident.... The brake failed on me when I drove it, lucky me I didn't hit anyone.... Brought the car to the service, and yeah my family got the same answer that it was a brake issue.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

@MEC-777 drenching the shift mechanism in PB blaster has allowed me to at least force the car into neutral but still no go on the forward gears. Oh, and now I've got a flat battery. And its apparently leaking oil on the left side of the bay.

Fantastic.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Only Volvo I'd buy is the C30 because from what I was told it's essentially a Ford focus RS with the 5 cylinder turbo. Only it looks like a old person's hearing aid and ugh. C30<RS exterior looks.

i would disagree the C30 looks better imo xD 

maxresdefault.jpg

ford-focus-rs-2009-01.jpg

to me the focus looks like... a meh hatcback with fancy body bits bolted to it to make it look better 

i should stop arguing cause this is going nowhere xD 

32 minutes ago, DimasRMDO said:

i have  01 and 02 mazdas at home, yet they still drive just fine. the 02 is actually on its way to 300k miles, and it hasn't required much maintenance, though it has started to burn some oil.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

17 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

to me the focus looks like... a meh hatcback with fancy body bits bolted to it to make it look better 

We aren't arguing just stating our opinion about a cars asthetics. Nobody can be wrong thus it isn't an argument, but a discussion on person taste and choice. Now that I look at it the Volvo is more plain and I guess I like the sportier look of the focus. Though that C30 looks newer on the front than the one I saw. The back looks like a space ship to me which clashes with the subtle styling of the front for me.

28 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I do like the C30 better. Its more refined to me :)

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

I put about 80 miles on the Saab today. So hard to keep my foot out of it. It already sounds so good. I'm gonna be even worse about it tomorrow after I get my intake

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

@bcredeur97

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

We aren't arguing just stating our opinion about a cars asthetics. Nobody can be wrong thus it isn't an argument, but a discussion on person taste and choice. Now that I look at it the Volvo is more plain and I guess I like the sportier look of the focus. Though that C30 looks newer on the front than the one I saw. The back looks like a space ship to me which clashes with the subtle styling of the front for me.

yeah, in 2010 they had a huge visual upgrade .... to the front of the car xD 

Spoiler

2008_Volvo_C30_9986.jpgvDhttf0.jpg?3

maxresdefault.jpgVolvo-C30-Polestar-Concept-rear-three-qu

NOTE: the white ones are 2008 and 2009 R-design and the blue ones are 2013 polestar concept :P i hate the look of the standard ones with black/gray plastic

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

yeah, in 2010 they had a huge visual upgrade .... to the front of the car xD 

Hide contents

2008_Volvo_C30_9986.jpgvDhttf0.jpg?3

maxresdefault.jpgVolvo-C30-Polestar-Concept-rear-three-qu

NOTE: the white ones are 2008 and 2009 R-design and the blue ones are 2013 polestar concept :P i hate the look of the standard ones with black/gray plastic

Older one looks too thrumpy like that sweater your grandparents would wear. The redesign looks much better.

Older one looks too thrumpy like that sweater your grandparents would wear. The redesign looks much better.

still would take the older C30 over the FoRS

Just now, Mister2010 said:

still would take the older C30 over the FoRS

Ew to each his own I guess. With hot hatches I prefer them to look a little youthful oriented. The older one looks too old while the newer one to me looks like a more grown up hot hatches that still has a youthful appearance similar to the VW GTI.

2 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

Driving fast in a slow car is better than driving slow in a fast car :P

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia