Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@techswede

V6 camaros are cool :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i think this gives away your location quite easily.

Maybe region, but that's it. Regardless though that's a topic that shouldn't be touched here.

Little bit more than 100 subs now a days 

Screenshot_20170424-110335.png

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

58 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Little bit more than 100 subs now a days 

1JZ? I want a boosted Ford or Chevy inline 6 instead. :P

2 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

@techswede

V6 camaros are cool :D 

Anything besides the V8 in a muscle car regardless of the power makes me snicker at it then laugh as I hear it go by.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Anything besides the V8 in a muscle car regardless of the power makes me snicker at it then laugh as I hear it go by.

Can't disagree, but it's always funny to see a V6 that actually makes a ridiculous amount of power for what it is.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Can't disagree, but it's always funny to see a V6 that actually makes a ridiculous amount of power for what it is.

Stock V6 in muscle car or 4 cylinder in muscle car is a joke.

No matter how much power they make people will always say "meh it's not a v8" once they realize it's not a V8

They can be fast but the culture around the V8 when it comes to muscle cars makes it lame to have anything smaller then a V8.

GNX would be cooler if it had a twin turbo v8 and not a V6 in my opinion and it looks too much like a old grandpa car like most buicks. 

Buick=poor man's caddy

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

8 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Stock V6 in muscle car or 4 cylinder in muscle car is a joke.

No matter how much power they make people will always say "meh it's not a v8" once they realize it's not a V8

They can be fast but the culture around the V8 when it comes to muscle cars makes it lame to have anything smaller then a V8.

GNX would be cooler if it had a twin turbo v8 and not a V6 in my opinion and it looks too much like a old grandpa car like most buicks. 

Buick=poor man's caddy

While a TT v8 would be pretty amazing, the GNX/t-type is my favourite car because of the v6. It's something different. And I really like the "80's town car" looks, but thats quite subjective.

Also not being from the US, I don't have "haha, it has v6" or "Cadillac is the ultimate in luxury" ingrained in my head. I know these things, but they aren't ingrained to my head. Neither have I ever even had a knack for luxury, I come from a pretty working class background.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

2 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

While a TT v8 would be pretty amazing, the GNX/t-type is my favourite car because of the v6. It's something different. And I really like the "80's town car" looks, but thats quite subjective.

Also not being from the US, I don't have "haha, it has v6" or "Cadillac is the ultimate in luxury" ingrained in my head. I know these things, but they aren't ingrained to my head. Neither have I ever even had a knack for luxury, I come from a pretty working class background.

That's because muscle car culture originated from the US so it's understandable why people from the EU wouldn't have the same mindset about it. As if gas prices alone over seas didn't have enough of a impact to see how non US drivers view smaller engines in general.

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

That's because muscle car culture originated from the US so it's understandable why people from the EU wouldn't have the same mindset about it. As if gas prices alone over seas didn't have enough of a impact to see how non US drivers view smaller engines in general.

While muscle car culture never really took on here, back in the 70's and I guess 60's pretty considerable amount(compared to the size of this country) of American cars were imported here. Stuff like Plymouth Valiants, Dodge Aspens and the likes. What in America I guess were sort of cheaper working mans cars.

3 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

While muscle car culture never really took on here, back in the 70's and I guess 60's pretty considerable amount(compared to the size of this country) of American cars were imported here. Stuff like Plymouth Valiants, Dodge Aspens and the likes. What in America I guess were sort of cheaper working mans cars.

When you pay by the pint and not the gallon american cars get old quick back then lol

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

When you pay by the pint and not the gallon american cars get old quick back then lol

These days they certainly do, you need some commitment to drive one.

But back in the 70's, the petrol prices weren't nearly as high, not to mention the other costs involving vehicle ownership. People could actually do that.

Love it when a rebuild kit costs 10€ , and you do it in 10 minutes .. carbs ftw

IMG_20170424_182224.thumb.jpg.268f0a098ea76c146acac529395bca7f.jpg

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

14 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

What? 

Im guessing youre not technically minded when it comes to this sort of thing?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I'm with him. Saying that decatting would be silent is stupid unless it was a joke lol

Edit: unless your removing them as quietly as possible I'm confused what your ment 

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I'm with him. Saying that decatting would be silent is stupid unless it was a joke lol

Edit: unless your removing them as quietly as possible I'm confused what your ment 

pretty sure it was a joke. xD 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Just now, FuzzyYellow said:

pretty sure it was a joke. xD 

That's what I assumed lol

9 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

no haha xD  

And done ..

IMG_20170424_185645.thumb.jpg.1bd6ec2ca1c4b59a2edcd4d65c512f52.jpg

IMG_20170424_192754.thumb.jpg.8feaf92967d70021312b3684c46364df.jpgIMG_20170424_192153.thumb.jpg.d006cc301d90ed9a7913f96ad7195f2f.jpg

IMG_20170424_185847.thumb.jpg.e211e5fb7a21e739cbc8a2da3ffc9a9a.jpg

IMG_20170424_192208.thumb.jpg.f8f1ba86c2de2e2ac0c8c4b555164d0d.jpg

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

16 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

It was meant to be a joke lol

Im fully aware its the complete opposite of what he wants :P

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

@techswede idk if you've seen this before or not but this is pretty nice: https://www.inet.se/produkt/9990887/fraktfritt-sweclockers#recensioner

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Don't forget that he should keep it at redline at all times and also get straight cut gears  xD

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I didn't read your conversation so I had no context for your post this was epically confused lol