Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Will any catalytic converter work? Any cat can be welded in, right?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, ttoks said:

So i'm a huge bike nut, ridden dirtbikes my whole life and work on them as well, a few pics.

Spoiler

3002.jpg

3004.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz66.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz67.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz68.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz69.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz18.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz39.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz43.jpg

I also do all of my own maintenance, I drowned this Kawasaki KX450F engine in a muddy creek and had to rebuild it, big end bearing was shot (but fortunately didn't let go)

kxenginerebuild1.jpg

kxenginerebuild2.jpg

kxenginerebuild4.jpg

kxenginerebuild5.jpg

kxrebuild.jpg

I have a few other bikes too, 1984 KZ500, I ALMOST have it back to 100% origonal, just need to find a stock airbox somwhere to replace the paper air filters on it

SAM_0299_zps4a247d17.jpg

SAM_0298_zpsf2eb5079.jpg

Here's my 2015 Yamaha YZ250FX, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2007 Suzuki DR-z 125L and 2009 KTM 300 EXC-E, i've also got a 2008 KTM 450 EXC-R, and a 1999 Kawasaki KX500 

IMG20160427100458_zpsp1invy4j.jpg

I've had a dabble into into fast car's too, I bought a 1994 R32 Nissan skyline GTR, turned out the body was rusted and junk, but the engine was quite a find, i ended up getting about 700 rear wheel hp out of it

P1030654.jpg

But in this car, a 1986 VL Holden Commodore wagon, which is just so happens came standard with the nissan RB30 and RB30DET engine in them, so putting the RB26DETT in them is actually fairly simple with a sump adaptor to delete the front diff from the skyline, quite the sleeper, i left it looking as stock as possible.

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Latest car project was to freshen up my father's 1996 VS holden commodore ute with a 304 cu holden V-8 in it, just a light tinker, mild cam (it's a manual, so go to lumpy and it would be horrible to drive around town), .5mm oversized piston's and new bearings, rockers, pushrods, oil pump and dizzy.

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

And my daily drive, a 2009 VE holden Commodore ute, just a plain 3.6 liter V6 6 speed manual, 270ish crank HP (when it came outa the factory) with over 120k miles on it, no mods except a liquid injection liquid natural gas fuel system (automotive LPG is very popular here in Australia, and much cheaper then petrol), i've since taken the wannabe looking 20 inch rims off and put the stock 18 inches back on it.

DSC00477.jpg

holy pictures.  Be kind to those poor fools on mobiles and use a spoiler.  haha

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

you can do that on this forum? i'm only here coz Linus makes me laugh (and i've just started getting into Tech in general as an interest), how do I hide the content as you did in your quote?

Hmm, i've figured out how to use the spoiler feture, but managed to delete all of my pics to the proccess bar one, but i am learning pretty much everything computor related on the fly at the moment lol

Well all your pictures are still in the post I quoted of yours hidden behind the spoiler.  Did you insert links or upload to the forum?  If they're on the forum you can actually add them back by clicking insert other media and clicking insert existing attachment.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

the picture's are hosted to photobucket and linked, will see if i can make this work lol.

Spoiler

3002.jpg

3004.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz66.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz67.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz68.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz69.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz18.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz39.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz43.jpg

I also do all of my own maintenance, I drowned this Kawasaki KX450F engine in a muddy creek and had to rebuild it, big end bearing was shot (but fortunately didn't let go)

kxenginerebuild1.jpg

kxenginerebuild2.jpg

kxenginerebuild4.jpg

kxenginerebuild5.jpg

kxrebuild.jpg

I have a few other bikes too, 1984 KZ500, I ALMOST have it back to 100% origonal, just need to find a stock airbox somwhere to replace the paper air filters on it

SAM_0299_zps4a247d17.jpg

SAM_0298_zpsf2eb5079.jpg

Here's my 2015 Yamaha YZ250FX, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2007 Suzuki DR-z 125L and 2009 KTM 300 EXC-E, i've also got a 2008 KTM 450 EXC-R, and a 1999 Kawasaki KX500 

I've had a dabble into into fast car's too, I bought a 1994 R32 Nissan skyline GTR, turned out the body was rusted and junk, but the engine was quite a find, i ended up getting about 700 rear wheel hp out of it

P1030654.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Latest car project was to freshen up my father's 1996 VS holden commodore ute with a 304 cu holden V-8 in it, just a light tinker, mild cam (it's a manual, so go to lumpy and it would be horrible to drive around town), .5mm oversized piston's and new bearings, rockers, pushrods, oil pump and dizzy.

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

And my daily drive, a 2009 VE holden Commodore ute, just a plain 3.6 liter V6 6 speed manual, 270ish crank HP (when it came outa the factory) with over 120k miles on it, no mods except a liquid injection liquid natural gas fuel system (automotive LPG is very popular here in Australia, and much cheaper then petrol), i've since taken the wannabe looking 20 inch rims off and put the stock 18 inches back on it.

DSC00477.jpg

Here we go, this is MUCH better, okay so I am a HUGE bike nut, and car's ect, and a few pic's to go alot above, thank you Cacklingice for your help :)

drove the 86 to visit dad at the hospital today (he is in hospital because of something that happened yesterday but dont worry he is awake and okay at the moment) i could see him clinging to the window of his room as i rolled up (revved it a couple times, he was smiling like a lunatic)

ps: dad was in a room right next to the parking spots, i wouldnt have revved at some random person in a window far away.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, ttoks said:
  Hide contents

3002.jpg

3004.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz66.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz67.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz68.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz69.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz18.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz39.jpg

mirboomototrailsoz43.jpg

kxenginerebuild1.jpg

kxenginerebuild2.jpg

kxenginerebuild4.jpg

kxenginerebuild5.jpg

kxrebuild.jpg

SAM_0299_zps4a247d17.jpg

SAM_0298_zpsf2eb5079.jpg

P1030654.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

Here we go, this is MUCH better, okay so I am a HUGE bike nut, and car's ect, and a few pic's to go alot above, thank you Cacklingice for your help :)

i have always kinda liked the look of the 09 holden ute ... dunno why or how ... but looks nice 

i would like to get into motorcycles ... but yeah stuff and stuff and afford anything :D 

1 hour ago, Strando123 said:

drove the 86 to visit dad at the hospital today (he is in hospital because of something that happened yesterday but dont worry he is awake and okay at the moment) i could see him clinging to the window of his room as i rolled up (revved it a couple times, he was smiling like a lunatic)

ps: dad was in a room right next to the parking spots, i wouldnt have revved at some random person in a window far away.

glad he is ok :) 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

i have always kinda liked the look of the 09 holden ute ... dunno why or how ... but looks nice 

i would like to get into motorcycles ... but yeah stuff and stuff and afford anything :D 

glad he is ok :) 

yeah, so am i, he goddamn near gave me a heart attack last night.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

9 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Anyone on Forza Apex able to beat my 2:27 lap time around Rio full track?

EDIT: now its 2:24

Which car? :P

9 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

you guys think that chameleon tint would look good on the accord?

IMG_20160520_202336.jpg

Mate, defog those headlights or get some new ones. Please. xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, Strando123 said:

yeah, so am i, he goddamn near gave me a heart attack last night.

please dont die ... or your dad ... we need good, smart people on this planet xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Who wants to buy a broken car?

"Ran when parked"

Interestingly, I think this is the same wrap thats on TJ Hunts car. It really does sparkle.

DSC04627.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

6 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

please dont die ... or your dad ... we need good, smart people on this planet xD 

lol, no worries, dad is fine and im fine too, he is probably coming home again in two days.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

lol, no worries, dad is fine and im fine too, he is probably coming home again in two days.

oh wow .... noice 

6 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Who wants to buy a broken car?

"Ran when parked"

Interestingly, I think this is the same wrap thats on TJ Hunts car. It really does sparkle.

Suspension sagged too much while parked. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Which car? :P

Mate, defog those headlights or get some new ones. Please. xD

Yeah. I've tried using polishing compound, and it helped some, but it's fogged on the inside too, and they are freaking expensive to replace. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

lol, less than 100 meters from the exit of the hospital`s parking lot (visited dad twice today, once a little earlier in the morning and once a bit later on in the day) we (me and grandpa) get pulled over by some cops who instantly begin inspecting every millimeter of the 86, asking for paperwork and all because it is clearly heavily modified. i show them everything they ask for and they are clearly bummed because they were hoping to bust someone in an illegaly modified vehicle. (at the end when all was cleared up and they knew the car was 110% legal one of them asked for me to rev it because he loves the sound of a 4age with trumpets (this one was clearly a car guy while the other one looked like a big question mark and kept asking why we called the car an 86 when it was a 1983 corolla)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Neat, forgot the TT car had DRS and a bunch of ProDrive goodies. Same engine as the road car but 900lbs lighter, and with WRC suspension and gearbox.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I ain't steppin outta shit, all mah papah legit

- Strando123 2k16

lol, but seriously. the ride of your dreams isnt worth the jailtime you`d get if you got pulled over in it and it was illegal.

(norway takes quite strongly to illegaly modified cars)

but at the same time, you REALLY need to push some huge things through tiny loopholes to get any substantially modified car registered for street use. (for an example the rollcage in the 86, it is leal because the car is registered on the same basis as a rally car, same with suspension and engine, registered on the same basis as a rally car. (the starlet was older than 30 years when i started modifying it so all i had to do was get my plans aproved and pay one hefty tax exemption thing to get it registered as a normal car, while dad who modified his 86 when it was close to 10 years old had to go through piles of laws, loopholes and legal work but he didnt have to pay such a high price for it as he only had to pay for re-registering it with its new specifications))

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

That is a pain in the ass it sounds like.

meh, it is easier now a days because you just need a simple sketch and to pay a fee if your plans get aproved. (the fee is 1000~usd) while back when dad built the 86 the road legality of the car was allways hanging on by a thin thread untill they changed the laws and removed the laws wich endangered the 86`s road legality. (dads mr2 is in the middle of all this and it is required of you to pay a small fee (plus show them plans and documentation showing what you want to do)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

10 hours ago, Mattr567 said:

ikr. Its pretty insane. That's not the brightest model either I think lol. Got them for cheap through a friend of mine.

For APR for Audi B5 A4's its an ECU software upgrade. With a aftermarket exhaust its a 50-60HP gain and 74-82 torque gain, depending on engine model/code 1.8T wise. There really isn't anything for the 2.8 V6, those cars are only good for 4.2 swaps :o That's pretty good jump coming from a stock figure of 150HP/162 Torque.

what do you mean there isn't really anything for the 2.8 v6? those things have huge potential. i've seen people hit over 400hp on stage 3. on pump gas.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Pick.

DSC05640.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

what do you mean there isn't really anything for the 2.8 v6? those things have huge potential. i've seen people hit over 400hp on stage 3. on pump gas.

My dads 3.0T(S?) in his C7 A6 can make 436hp and 372 tq on the APR stage 1 tune on 93 octane.

stage 2 has a supercharger pulley and stuff and it'll make 452hp and 387tq on 93 Octane.

Stock the car makes 310hp and 325tq lol

so he's hoping he can get the stage 1 soonish!  Don't think stage 2 is worth the extra $600

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1