Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Jeez I hope no one is in turkey right now :/ 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

11 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Jeez I hope no one is in turkey right now :/ 

I know someone there, I hope they're alright.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I know someone there, I hope they're alright.

I mean they should be fine (physically) it will just be incredibly tough to live there right now. Especially if your a us  citizen. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

I mean they should be fine (physically) it will just be incredibly tough to live there right now. Especially if your a us  citizen. 

They aren't a US citizen. Hopefully things get under control over there and travel isn't restricted so people can GTFO while governments sort this out.

Well they fit lol

image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Well they fit lol

Those look a lot smaller.

28 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

oh shit oh fuck oh no im officialy dead....

grandma called to tell me she borrowed the weed wacker, because my phone is broken i cant call her back to tell her DO NOT USE THE WEED WACKER OF DEATH (aka, race wacker)

@Mister2010

holly xD 

also ... sweet sweet paint :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, suchamoneypit said:

Less of car discussion and more of a try for help, I figured I might as well ask here to see if people with more experience than me can help out.

In my 2005 Mazda 3 sedan I'm trying to replace the bulbs in the climate control dials which seems to be pretty easy..once the module is removed. Im having a lot of difficultly removing the module so I can get to the bulbs.

I've got it pretty much stripped down, http://imgur.com/a/hgEfJ And I think at this point its the cables for the controls that are giving me trouble as the bottom of the module is completely lose, the tension is up top and this is where the cables are (and they are pretty taught while the cables have slack). The problem is I can't seem to find anything online about how to remove this, all the guides for the newer Mazda's simply show them sliding the module out once their at the point I am.

I found some really old guides online and one referenced removing some cables in the hood, possible the cables im working with now? The issue was its so old all pictures that were linked were broken so I couldn't follow as it left the difficult parts explained in picture (A common issue when trying to find guides for my car)

I can't tell too much from the pictures and don't know how Mazda does it but it looks like some kind of friction clip, maybe you can get some tweezers to slide them out?

On 7/14/2016 at 0:25 AM, Maybach123 said:

where in nj? I might be able to get out of work to go. I have never been to an autocross before

Sorry just saw this. I race at the meadolands. We have another Auto Cross School and Race next friday.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

24 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I can't tell too much from the pictures and don't know how Mazda does it but it looks like some kind of friction clip, maybe you can get some tweezers to slide them out?

I couldn't see any visible clips up top between the black and clear plastic. I have tried taking it out with a good deal of force as I'm familiar with the clips they use on everything else in the dash.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

t5XLkSH.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

50 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Those look a lot smaller.

The wheels are an inch smaller. The wheel/tire combo is only A smidge smaller. You can barely tell when you put two wheels on top of each other. 

Also I had the car up in the air so that probably didn't help.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

The wheels are an inch smaller. The wheel/tire combo is only A smidge smaller. You can barely tell when you put two wheels on top of each other. 

Also I had the car up in the air so that probably didn't help.

Yeah the angle of the original wheel looks waaaay bigger in the picture.

So turned out the brake hardware they gave me didn't work/fit. 

Im actually having second thoughts. I think they changed he brake caliper design to not use those springs later on. 

I I also discovered my rear pads are pretty worn. Don't really have time to change them (of course I'll put good pads on!) before Sunday. But I'll see to it soon. They should be fine. I'll change the rotors too since I know nothing about them and they are kinda rusty (I'll get some nice ones anyway)

Spoiler

21 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I wall tapped so hard I ripped the wing off the C7

EDIT: sorry for crap pic. I'm editing it

wall tap.png

Was that 2:24 time done with the C7R? 

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

DSC04414.jpg

Gibe ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

--------------------------------

Dat budget M3 E46 lyf

Also, that feeling when the 330ci costs around 3600E in the UK and more than 8500E in Portugal :|

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

is there no wan show today? Did i miss a memo? never mind they keep changing the time 

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yup it was.  I haven't been able to get closer than 2:26 to it again. :/ Then again I but then that 2:24 lap was like full caffeine mode.

Also nice donger :P 

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

No wonder why I couldn't do better than 2:30... I was using the regular C7 Z06... :|

dongers are lyf [⌐■ᗜ■]

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Although the regular C7 I've not used much and couldn't get it better than 2:34 so you've got me beat on that one at least.

2983778600000578-0-image-a-8_14339550243

Also, gimme yo gamertag ples

2 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

Less of car discussion and more of a try for help, I figured I might as well ask here to see if people with more experience than me can help out.

In my 2005 Mazda 3 sedan I'm trying to replace the bulbs in the climate control dials which seems to be pretty easy..once the module is removed. Im having a lot of difficultly removing the module so I can get to the bulbs.

I've got it pretty much stripped down, http://imgur.com/a/hgEfJ And I think at this point its the cables for the controls that are giving me trouble as the bottom of the module is completely lose, the tension is up top and this is where the cables are (and they are pretty taught while the cables have slack). The problem is I can't seem to find anything online about how to remove this, all the guides for the newer Mazda's simply show them sliding the module out once their at the point I am.

I found some really old guides online and one referenced removing some cables in the hood, possible the cables im working with now? The issue was its so old all pictures that were linked were broken so I couldn't follow as it left the difficult parts explained in picture (A common issue when trying to find guides for my car)

Looks like it should just come up out of the retainer, then the cable should unhook. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

13 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I have no idea what it is and I was running late from getting the s10 back from the dealer so I went straight to the coast after getting it back and didn't even touch the PC. I wanna say it was HydroMoth sumthin sumthin but I'll get it to you next week when I'm back in town.

Just did 2:22:329 on the C7R :P

11 hours ago, vetali said:

No heat or AC in an uninsulated shop. 

What kinda shady place do you work at? Buy your own tools, no AC or insulation, do you even get paid??? Or do you pay them to work? Haha

46 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

So turned out the brake hardware they gave me didn't work/fit. 

Im actually having second thoughts. I think they changed he brake caliper design to not use those springs later on. 

I I also discovered my rear pads are pretty worn. Don't really have time to change them (of course I'll put good pads on!) before Sunday. But I'll see to it soon. They should be fine. I'll change the rotors too since I know nothing about them and they are kinda rusty (I'll get some nice ones anyway)

How bad does it drag? If the wheel is in the air, can you turn it by hand?

funny thing is I'm having the exact opposite problem, I was getting really bad pad knock back at the track today after almost every corner with my Wilwoods...  I finally have brakes that actually work and then I have to deal with this bs... Doesn't exactly inspire confidence

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I know what Forza Horizon 3 really needs. A track in the map, and Playground Games should definitely host all sorts of track days in them. :D

such want

@FORZADEVELOPERS READ THIS PLEASE

7 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

What kinda shady place do you work at? Buy your own tools, no AC or insulation, do you even get paid??? Or do you pay them to work? Haha

Having to buy your own tools is pretty standard in the trade aside from really expensive stuff like scanners and scopes. I get paid, not a lot, but neither does anyone else in the trade. 

I'm in a bad spot right now because we can't hire anyone else, and I'm not gonna quit until my boss at least has a replacement for my old co worker. I want to work for Mazda, Toyota, Lexus, or BMW. I'd have to move to work at any of those dealers.

Unrelated, I just realized that a lot of people here have Mazdas. lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

༼凸 ◉_◔༽凸

(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

:P

12 minutes ago, vetali said:

Having to buy your own tools is pretty standard in the trade aside from really expensive stuff like scanners and scopes. I get paid, not a lot, but neither does anyone else in the trade. 

I'm in a bad spot right now because we can't hire anyone else, and I'm not gonna quit until my boss at least has a replacement for my old co worker. I want to work for Mazda, Toyota, Lexus, or BMW. I'd have to move to work at any of those dealers.

Unrelated, I just realized that a lot of people here have Mazdas. lol. 

Idk man, I think to making a living, you shouldn't have to worry about your boss... It's his business to run and its your life to live. If you have an opportunity for a job that you'll enjoy more and/or get paid better, I say go for it, let your boss worry about his own business

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's