Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

>:(>:( this really pisses me off. so there is a p51 mustang "stunt plane" thats named ole yeller legendary within the old warbird community.

anyways ford decided to honor the plane and the pilot by make a tribute out of a ford mustang and they came up with this

nim0tprougafnh87wlfm.jpg

personally i think its horrid. and it ticks me off that they have such a good design team and they come up with this

This sort of reminds me of NFS Underground 2 xD 

DA UNDARGLOW MAKES IT FAZTRE

55534821.jpg

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

In a place that has 80%+ humidity daily and how those airbags degrade faster when exposed to humidity I'm very cautious to watch the recalls. Have been lucky so far though. 

Im still nervous that our cars have takata airbags though and they just haven't been recalled yet. 

After some digging i actually found some images from Takata showing how they install their airbags

Spoiler

m18-claymore_6.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Boys I found a current supercharger kit for the s10s.

with a fuel upgrade (which is HUGE for these things because fuel upgrades for these are rarer than hen's teeth) comes in at $3100 bucks, all ya gotta do is get it tuned.

Puts it at 275ish to the wheels *squeal* :D 

275 to the wheels? that seems quite little, especially for a 4 liter v6. i thought it could make a good 350 out of that 4.3.

9 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

:o I wanted a header when I was doing my headgasket so bad for my Miata but I didn't want to pay $500 for it lol

plus you know, money better spent elsewhere.

but go for it if you want to!

and I hope that's a metal gasket. Anything else will probably melt lol

i even suggested it lol, but i assumed money was a no go.

8 hours ago, Mjslive said:

Just wondering quickly how many would like pictures of my R32 when it comes?

um yes please

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

275 to the wheels? that seems quite little, especially for a 4 liter v6. i thought it could make a good 350 out of that 4.3.

i even suggested it lol, but i assumed money was a no go.

um yes please

turns out the most restrictive thing on my miata's exhaust is the midpipe and muffler. supposedly just changing those you can get 4whp across the rev range

275 at the wheels is enough for an old V6 imo. That's probably 300ish crank. You probably can't run much boost without blowing it up

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well yeah but its coming from a motor that makes 180 factory, and 275 is on pump gas, on or 9 ish pounds of boost

and it would still be a daily 

the fact that it could potentially be a 100 wheel horsepower gain is HUGE

180? from a 4.3? wow. my van makes 170 from a 2.5. i'm just saying, it's a tad bit pathetic.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

turns out the most restrictive thing o my miata's exhaust is the midpipe and muffler. supposedly just changing those you can get 4whp across the rev range

275 at the wheels is enough for an old V6 imo. That's probably 300ish crank. You probably can't run much boost without blowing it up

yeah i think the entire exhaust after the cat is the most restrictive part of the protege. upgrading it could see gains of about the same too. but i think with headers, i might be able to squeeze maybe another 10 if im lucky.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

yeah i think the headers actually might be the most restrictive part of the exhaust. i mean look at the stock headers vs a set of stainless steel headers. i think i could get some extra gains from a new one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=81786&d=1149

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

180? from a 4.3? wow. my van makes 170 from a 2.5. i'm just saying, it's a tad bit pathetic.

yeah i think the entire exhaust after the cat is the most restrictive part of the protege. upgrading it could see gains of about the same too. but i think with headers, i might be able to squeeze maybe another 10 if im lucky.

really the only reason to upgrade the header on my miata anyway,( the older one's had a different more restrictive header) is to optimize for either low end torque or top end power. 

that said I do kind of want to do something cat-back now that I know it's a little restrictive. Could make it sound nicer too I'm sure.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Here's a pic I just found of my old GSXR600 and TL1000S corona custom painted motorbikes. I haven't owned them for well over 5 years but finding pics while searching through my dad's PC made me nostalgic.....Damn I want to get back on two wheels....Cars just don't do it for me :(

superbikes 001.jpg

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

2 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Here's a pic I just found of my old GSXR600 and TL1000S corona custom painted motorbikes. I haven't owned them for well over 5 years but finding pics while searching through my dad's PC made me nostalgic.....Damn I want to get back on two wheels....Cars just don't do it for me :(

Ariel Atom? Exocet? Caterham? 

ever tried any of these? lol

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

really the only reason to upgrade the header on my miata anyway,( the older one's had a different more restrictive header) is to optimize for either low end torque or top end power. 

that said I do kind of want to do something cat-back now that I know it's a little restrictive. Could make it sound nicer too I'm sure.

the protege's definitely got some pulling power, despite only 135lb ft at 3000rpm, but a little extra down low wouldn't hurt. and a catback would free up some extra power plus give a nice growl. and look up some exhausts on racing beat, though they don't have a catback system for the miata, just axleback, unless you're willing to go test pipe.

hmm i wonder if one day i should get it and tackle a header job. http://www.andysautosport.com/products/manzo_usa__tp-075.html

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Ariel Atom? Exocet? Caterham? 

ever tried any of these? lol

LOL no and I doub't I could ever afford any of them, but I get your point.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

I'd really want to incorporate at least some small forged details in my future car builds.

And i think i've found a way of doing some smithing at home in my future garage.

We had a similar deal at school

trap%202.JPG

That is a gas forge. Its essentially just a big propane torch box. 

Buut.. I'm big on safety and these things are major fire hazards.. 

So first i'll need a massive solid steel plate to put between me and the propane bottle. And a way to shield the surrounding area from the heat.

The one we had in shop class was just off the side from all the woodworking stuff and it was fine. But i'm paranoid.

Also i could make swords. Which is a bonus 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

What'l your point? What you're essentially doing is labeling a motor based off a Body Mass Index for motors, and the BMI system has been discredited multiple times.

"You're this heavy but only this tall?"

fatass

"you weight how little but are 5" 2'"

you have an eating disorder, go see the school counselor.

Yeah its not that impressive of a power to litre ratio, but if it was a bad motor for the vehicle, GM would have put a different motor in it at the plant. Thats why the 2.2L wasn't the only motor offered.

I could say the same thing about your van. 135 lb ft at 3,000 rpm? I would have expected at least 200 at 2,400 rpm. Your van's semi irrelevent torque output is pathetic.

135? it makes around 170 at idk what rpm they never say. and a van doesn't need that much torque, other than to haul passengers and maybe a few grocery bags.

You're missing my point. I don't know if you're trying to come off as an asshole when you say stuff like that, but you sound like an asshole

i swear i'm not. i'm just saying it, not trying to come off like an asshole.

16 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

What'l your point? What you're essentially doing is labeling a motor based off a Body Mass Index for motors, and the BMI system has been discredited multiple times.

"You're this heavy but only this tall?"

fatass

"you weight how little but are 5" 2'"

you have an eating disorder, go see the school counselor.

Its more like, comparing cpus solely on ghz lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

13 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

An fx 9590 is NOT faster than my s10. :P 

It would accelerate faster if someone threw it though

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

An fx 9590 is NOT faster than my s10. :P 

I mainly say that because I did it when I was younger. 

"oh yeah c2d conroe at 3.2ghz just as good as c2d wolfdale at 3.2ghz" 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

1 minute ago, vetali said:

I mainly say that because I did it when I was younger. 

"oh yeah c2d conroe at 3.2ghz just as good as c2d wolfdale at 3.2ghz" 

But teh gigahertzzz

18 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

after the window situation gets sorted I'll be doing some 45 to 90 and 60 to 90 testing. No 0 to 60 testing though because last time I did that I blew the locker in my diff.

I have an S10 question. I did brakes on a 99 Blazer. It had rear disc brakes (and the rear sway bar) with no ZR2 badging . Are those considered ZR2s or are they different?

Ah. It's tricky but the rpo code sticker in the glove box would've told you. 

It depends really because it can be 4wd but not zr2. What rear axle was it? Was it square ish or roundish?

I thought about checking but I was too busy that day. Had to do a pitman arm and that requires removing the steering gearbox.

uhh I think squarish, meaning the left and right parts of the diff cover were flat. Right?

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah. See the edit that I've got to edit again. The axles are the biggest bitch to know and remember what came out of what

It had flares. I've never seen a ZR2 badged 4 door blazer. Its always the 2 doors which are pointless to me lol. 

Come to think of it I haven't either. I will say though that the zr2 badging meaning the stickers/graphics probably weren't a factory option even though the factory lift and wider track was

Thats what I wondered when I saw it. 

Anyway gotta wash the car and clean out the inside. Gonna go to Tacoma to finally get my iphone fixed. I hate interstate driving.