Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You want to sponsor $5,000 on a kit? Not to mention I still have to tear down and clean the engine, and buy a new transmission just for the added power. :P

No thank you :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

42 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

He really should dyno it, he could probably get a little bit more with an ECU tune, I believe, I don't really know how that shizz works tho xD

65%? Holy moly

You'll eventually find one mate ;)

I'm also dreaming about getting a M5 E34 Touring and a 330i E46 Touring (or another six cylinder Touring E46 and swap a S65 on it, would be pretty sick), but funds, and of course, they pretty much don't exist here xD

oh how i wish bmw actually made an official e39 m5 touring. people have converted e39 wagons into m5 wagons, but i want to see an official one. too bad that would mean going back in time to convince em.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You only need one kidney right?

Dunno how much I would get for one.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Dunno how much I would get for one.

you could probably get a cool 2 mil off the black market :ph34r:

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This is just glorious

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

This is just glorious

thank god its not censored xD

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Drove a diesel for the first time today, setting off is so easy.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Drove a diesel for the first time today, setting off is so easy.

Because torque fo days.

----------------------------------------

One of the 700 M4 GTS is already for sale in Portugal... https://olx.pt/anuncio/bmw-m4-gts-IDzpSXB.html#4a9b8f67dd

Dat inflated price tho

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Limited edition

500hp

BMW

RWD

:D

Or you could,

Buy an M4

Strip it out

Tune it

Not spend 200k

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Or you could,

Buy an M4

Strip it out

Tune it

Not spend 200k

im not up to date with the new BMW models (got lost after they got the 6 series back xD )

so ... do all M4 come with an auto ... or is manual an option? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

im not up to date with the new BMW models (got lost after they got the 6 series back xD )

Can have a manual, I wouldn't mind either.

6 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Or you could,

Buy an M4

Strip it out

Tune it

Not spend 200k

Or you could just buy an M5 E60. xD

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Can have a manual, I wouldn't mind either.

i stopped liking BMW when the M3 stopped being an I6 xD 

so yeah ... only way a BMW should be is a I6, RWD and manual

pls dont hate me 

12 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

~snip~

He wants a chance to buy the new Ford GT.

19 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

Basically first number is the series of the car, lower number = Smaller/Lower end. And the middle/third number is the engine option. Before it used to mean the size of the engine.

So 325i used to mean 3 series with a petrol 2.5 liter engine.

The M4 has the option of either manual or DCT. Here the manual comes as standard, with the DCT as a $3,700 option.

5 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

He wants a chance to buy the new Ford GT.

Basically first number is the series of the car, lower number = Smaller/Lower end. And the middle/third number is the engine option. Before it used to mean the size of the engine.

So 325i used to mean 3 series with a petrol 2.5 liter engine.

The M4 has the option of either manual or DCT. Here the manual comes as standard, with the DCT as a $3,700 option.

the engine and model bit i kinda understand ... but why so many models? 

1,2,3,4,5,6,7 soon to be 8? then the X series and the i series and the Z series .... dont get the point in all of them and dont understand the differences :/ 

6 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

the engine and model bit i kinda understand ... but why so many models? 

1,2,3,4,5,6,7 soon to be 8? then the X series and the i series and the Z series .... dont get the point in all of them and dont understand the differences :/ 

Odd numbers used to be sedan/wagons. With even numbers (which are fairly new) coupes. From what I know, 1/2 share the same chassis, same with 3/4, and 5/6. But you can basically look at it like this.

1/2 are the compact, more 'basic' cars.

3/4 are the mid-sized cars.

5/6 are the larger ones, and more luxurious.

7 being pretty much a full-on luxury car.

Edit: WHAT'S WORSE NOW IS THAT THERE ARE GT VERSION AND CRAP. SEDANS WITH MORE ROOM IN THE BACK, AND MORE SPACE FOR LUGGAGE.

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Odd numbers used to be sedan/wagons. With even numbers (which are fairly new) coupes. From what I know, 1/2 share the same chassis, same with 3/4, and 5/6. But you can basically look at it like this.

1/2 are the compact, more 'basic' cars.

3/4 are the mid-sized cars.

5/6 are the larger ones, and more luxurious.

7 being pretty much a full-on luxury car.

still ... two too many models :/ 

8 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

still ... two too many models :/ 

I always found Mercedes being worse when it comes to that.