Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Suh dude

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Ha!-Suh dUde

xD 

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Suh dude

SAH DUDES!!!!!! uHA uHA uHA!!

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

i need a project. anyone have any suggestions? doesn't have to be car related just really bored :|

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

i need a project. anyone have any suggestions? doesn't have to be car related just really bored :|

take pictures! that's what I did. ;)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

DIY mechanical keyboard

could be fun i was thinking something more engineering related though. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

If I message you dimensions you could engineer and build me a trans cooler that bolts right up to existing holes so I don't have to drill into my core support :P 

thermodynamics is not my forte:P. I really want to build a hydrofoil. But i really shouldnt spend money buying an engine and fiberglass.

langfig2.jpg

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

hang some Seven Marine 557's of the back of that thing and you'll take flight xD 

lol i think that much power might sink the boat xD 

portfolio_group_TOPGEAR_large_1.jpg

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

haha... I can hear the excitement in the pitch of your voice, especially that bit at the very end

hows the coolant looking?

59 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Miata.  I mean look at bcredeur97, he's got all the project!

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Nice. Beat me with the cruiser. Co worker cost me about 45 minutes today. Coulda fired it if it wasn't for his screw up. 

Been trying to figure out whats wrong with my moms laptop so didn't have time to catch up on the thread. I hate computer diagnosis. I thought it was a software issue, but its starting to look like a RAM issue.

Oh we got a Mazda CX-7 2.3l turbo in today. Pretty sure it has a blown turbo. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Up sell him on an upgraded aftermarket one.

its a mom mobile. they don't need it lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

@terrytek I wish you could play this game. :/ 

whipit.png

i would too, but stupid windows store.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 hours ago, warmmilk said:

haha... I can hear the excitement in the pitch of your voice, especially that bit at the very end

hows the coolant looking?

Miata.  I mean look at bcredeur97, he's got all the project!

Yeah.. I have a oddly high pitched voice when im excited. I put straight water first time and I bought some cheap oil. Let it idle a bit in shop, there was somehow not a single airbubble in the water when I tried bleeding it. (whereas before it would bubble like crazy). thats a good sign though. Drove it maybe 10 miles down the road and back. everything looked good. coolant temp topped out in the mid 180's (I have a 180 thermostat in it). Drove it back to shop, let it cool off. drained the coolant and put my real mixture in. (75/25 abouts). Coolant came out clear. Drained the oil (for a long time, both times), took out the filter. Oil looked fine. Put a new filter in and some mobil 1. Bled the coolant, again super easy to bleed. maybe one or two air bubbles and that was it. and I spent like 30 minutes to be sure. Filled up the reservoir. Everything looks good! Picked up the shop and drove it home.

Drive home was about 20 miles, half interstate, half 55 mph highway. Few lights here and there. Coolant temp topped out at 187F. I even hit 100mph (gently... not gunning it yet lol) and held it there for a little bit on a clear stretch. Fuel trims looked good. One of my belts was squeaking/squealing a bit. I think I need to tighten it. It's the one the A/C compressor is on because turning the ac on and off made it squeak (also, new belts). got home and had a look under the hood with my phone flashlight. Everything was dry except for the one place water drips out from the A/C as is normal. Looked like a little more than usual though. Maybe because it's been sitting. Will have to look underneath tom morning too. 

But yeah, looking really good :D 

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

For some reason i miss every time @bcredeur97 posts something on this thread!

But the real question is what the ending of "I'm never gonna ______" is...

Lol

58 minutes ago, vetali said:

Nice. Beat me with the cruiser. Co worker cost me about 45 minutes today. Coulda fired it if it wasn't for his screw up. 

Been trying to figure out whats wrong with my moms laptop so didn't have time to catch up on the thread. I hate computer diagnosis. I thought it was a software issue, but its starting to look like a RAM issue.

Oh we got a Mazda CX-7 2.3l turbo in today. Pretty sure it has a blown turbo. 

I didn't beat you. I've worked on this for 4 days. First two days I spent maybe 4 hours a day. the third day I worked on it from 8am - 9pm and today I worked on it from 1pm-11pm. Spent a good long time on that thing. (I mean I did take breaks too. but you know, longer than it could of been. if I had to do it again id be faster. Espeically since I spent a lot of time standing around thinking and making sure I was thorough lol)

2.3L turbo... is that the same as the Mazdaspeed 3/6 of old / ford ecoboost of today? 

Also see above for what I told @warmmilk

And... can I autocross it sunday? lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Also when I first started it there was a like a light stream of smoke coming from the engine near the exhaust manifold. It went away after 5-10 minutes. Guess it was the residual brake cleaner that I used on everything? Lol

im so happy right now :D working car in the driveway again

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

22 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

2.3L turbo... is that the same as the Mazdaspeed 3/6 of old / ford ecoboost of today? 

yeah and yeah.

22 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah.. I have a oddly high pitched voice when im excited. I put straight water first time and I bought some cheap oil. Let it idle a bit in shop, there was somehow not a single airbubble in the water when I tried bleeding it. (whereas before it would bubble like crazy). thats a good sign though. Drove it maybe 10 miles down the road and back. everything looked good. coolant temp topped out in the mid 180's (I have a 180 thermostat in it). Drove it back to shop, let it cool off. drained the coolant and put my real mixture in. (75/25 abouts). Coolant came out clear. Drained the oil (for a long time, both times), took out the filter. Oil looked fine. Put a new filter in and some mobil 1. Bled the coolant, again super easy to bleed. maybe one or two air bubbles and that was it. and I spent like 30 minutes to be sure. Filled up the reservoir. Everything looks good! Picked up the shop and drove it home.

Drive home was about 20 miles, half interstate, half 55 mph highway. Few lights here and there. Coolant temp topped out at 187F. I even hit 100mph (gently... not gunning it yet lol) and held it there for a little bit on a clear stretch. Fuel trims looked good. One of my belts was squeaking/squealing a bit. I think I need to tighten it. It's the one the A/C compressor is on because turning the ac on and off made it squeak (also, new belts). got home and had a look under the hood with my phone flashlight. Everything was dry except for the one place water drips out from the A/C as is normal. Looked like a little more than usual though. Maybe because it's been sitting. Will have to look underneath tom morning too. 

But yeah, looking really good :D 

Lol

I didn't beat you. I've worked on this for 4 days. First two days I spent maybe 4 hours a day. the third day I worked on it from 8am - 9pm and today I worked on it from 1pm-11pm. Spent a good long time on that thing. (I mean I did take breaks too. but you know, longer than it could of been. if I had to do it again id be faster. Espeically since I spent a lot of time standing around thinking and making sure I was thorough lol)

Haha, friend of mine is the same way when he gets excited, but he's super self conscious about... So we make fun of him even more for it, haha

glad to hear about the coolant and temps.  Drive it a bunch and keep an eye on everything, if all looks good I think you'll be fine for an autox on Sunday.. you dint change anything that need breaking in

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

13 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Watch Braxton blow the motor, get it to his shop, order parts Saturday, they'll get here Tuesday, him and Matt will have it done Friday night. "It says allow for a 500 mile break in period then do an oil/filter change, and autocross is in 14 hours. I got this"

LOL

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, vetali said:

yeah and yeah.

Interesting. Ticking time bomb xD 

sweet!

24 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

Haha, friend of mine is the same way when he gets excited, but he's super self conscious about... So we make fun of him even more for it, haha

glad to hear about the coolant and temps.  Drive it a bunch and keep an eye on everything, if all looks good I think you'll be fine for an autox on Sunday.. you dint change anything that need breaking in

Yeah I'm kind of self conscious about it sometimes too. Like I just made that video unlisted instead of public lol. But I guess at the end of the day no one really cares lol

ill see if I can get my dad to give me some

baton rouge work to drop off so I have an excuse to drive all the way out there soon ( a good 130 miles there and back).

one issue is I still need to look into the slightly dragging brakes on the front wheels. Maybe tomorrow. Afternoon. My legs are killing me right now I've been standing up all day last two days. 

But yeah if I fix that, even if it means cheap autozone pads for now then I'll go to AutoX. If I don't fix it, then I'll go anyway LOL

@vetali idk where you guys are located but is yall's shop air conditioned or needs to be? Ours is lol. So don't feel bad for me like I was sweating in 95F Louisiana weather all day long because I wasn't. It was a nice 75F in there or so. Didn't sweat at all. I don't know if I could of worked that long without A/C lol

Spoiler

the starlet is getting painted TODAY, dad is coming home tomorrow!!!! things are going GOOD!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 hours ago, Strando123 said:

the starlet is getting painted TODAY, dad is coming home tomorrow!!!! things are going GOOD!

holly damm .... seems exciting ... i want pics of the painting process ... if possible :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

49 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

jesus .... 52 episodes already xD

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

One of these days, the DeltaWing will finish a race and not break anything.

One day.

DSC08077_1.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

@vetali idk where you guys are located but is yall's shop air conditioned or needs to be? Ours is lol. So don't feel bad for me like I was sweating in 95F Louisiana weather all day long because I wasn't. It was a nice 75F in there or so. Didn't sweat at all. I don't know if I could of worked that long without A/C lol

No heat or AC in an uninsulated shop. 

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

One of these days, the DeltaWing will finish a race and not break anything.

One day.

such a weird design

4 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

such a weird design

Weird but it works 80% of the time. Sucks in corners but it hauls ass in the straights - a product of having very low drag, good traction, and good power to weight. Fuel efficiency is helped by having the small motor and because of lower weight, its not as abusive on tires (though the bicycle tires on the front are a definite drawback).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB