Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I was specifically going for used cars...

The OPC ones are too expensive if you want one that hasn't been ruined by its previous owner. You can find a nice stock GSI for far less.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

7 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

I was specifically going for used cars...

The OPC ones are too expensive if you want one that hasn't been ruined by its previous owner. You can find a nice stock GSI for far less.

So was I, new your only options would be an Up GTi or a Twingo GT

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Adam S

Smart Brabus (That's 40.000€ too much)

A1 but that's a bit bigger

2 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

Adam S

Forgot about the Adam S

Theres nothing fun about a smart

For a fun A1 youd need one with the 1.4 tfsi atleast so far too expensive

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Theres nothing fun about a smart

Ever driven a Smart Roadster? Those are insanely fun

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/12/04/2020-chevy-silverado-hd-revealed-58j26gk9/

GM refreshed the Camaro and made it significantly worse styling. New gen Silverado 1500 looks hideous and still uses the same engine family while telling consumers to "not to look at fuel economy ratings". Roll out their christmas "buy like a GM employee" ad campaign, after laying off nearly 15k people. Then they puke out this garbage. Fantastic. Put a fork in GM. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

36 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Fiesta ST

dont like the looks of it especially the interior

Pug 208 GTi

really ? i dont think peugeot is any better with their cars then abarth. also i just had look and cant find it attractive...

Clio 172/182/197/200

...same goes for this one

Civic Type R

looks to be in a somewhat bigger class of cars

Polo GTi

didnt know it was actually the same size...hmmm interesting. i mean its definitly way less unique but i do like the quality assurance you get with vag. will look into it more.

Ibiza Cupra

also very intersting. classic vag. hmmm although like the polo they both dont have that unique flavor to them. the look and feel is just not all that exciting

Fabia VRs

cant really find it on the market here. only the rs and those are 4 door only and that not really my thing

thanks for all the suggestions polo and ibiza do look the most promissing of the bunch but also a bit more boring of a choice than the abarth

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

47 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

Corsa GSI

opel has a similarily bad rep around here as fiat does. personally even more

MINI Cooper S

yeah looked into it but a long time work collegue has for years chewed my ears off about how his mini is crap and the service is nightmarish bordering on abuse

Smart ForFour Brabus

really ? i should get a smart by brabus instead of a fiat because fiat is one with terrible quality / look and feel and reliability. nothing against smart but its definitly the one that says "i couldnt afford something better" - its basic

Alfa MiTo 155

i can get into it. not bad then again alfa is still italian. so are they any better? also the interior ...idk

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

40 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

up gti ? really ? 115 or whatever hp that car has? same thing for the renault

37 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

Adam S

adam is widely driven by women here and i really find it to "cute" looking and audi is too expensive

35 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

Ever driven a Smart Roadster? Those are insanely fun

you ever fit into it. you might as well get roller blades. :D im sure its a lot of fun but at 1,91 cm i cant even try to sit in it without looking ridiculous

55 minutes ago, vetali said:

GM refreshed the Camaro and made it significantly worse styling. New gen Silverado 1500 looks hideous and still uses the same engine family while telling consumers to "not to look at fuel economy ratings". Roll out their christmas "buy like a GM employee" ad campaign, after laying off nearly 15k people. Then they puke out this garbage. Fantastic. Put a fork in GM. 

It’s hideous. What a monstrous piece of trash.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

17 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

adam is widely driven by women here and i really find it to "cute" looking and audi is too expensive

Those are the mainstream options. There are a few weird cars like the Volvo C30 (230hp 5cyl?) but it looks like someone backed it into a wall in the factory. Or The DS3 (Racing). Then there's the Suzuki Swift Sport with 140hp. Toyota does a hot version of the Yaris, called the Yaris GRMN, but that costs over 30000€. 

39 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

up gti ? really ? 115 or whatever hp that car has? same thing for the renault

For the size and price yes, the equivalent 595 has 130hp to put that into context

55 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

dont like the looks of it especially the interior 

really ? i dont think peugeot is any better with their cars then abarth. also i just had look and cant find it attractive...

Both these cars are touted to be the best small hot hatches you can buy so they much be doing something right

...same goes for this one

I'd drive any renaultsport properly before judging them

looks to be in a somewhat bigger class of cars

didnt know it was actually the same size...hmmm interesting. i mean its definitly way less unique but i do like the quality assurance you get with vag. will look into it more.

also very intersting. classic vag. hmmm although like the polo they both dont have that unique flavor to them. the look and feel is just not all that exciting

These are the more safe options tbf

cant really find it on the market here. only the rs and those are 4 door only and that not really my thing

Forgot ur not uk, theyre the same as the VRs just without the V

thanks for all the suggestions polo and ibiza do look the most promissing of the bunch but also a bit more boring of a choice than the abarth

Theyre all just as fun to drive as the abarth is tbh.

23 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

Those are the mainstream options. There are a few weird cars like the Volvo C30 (230hp 5cyl?) but it looks like someone backed it into a wall in the factory. Or The DS3 (Racing). Then there's the Suzuki Swift Sport with 140hp. Toyota does a hot version of the Yaris, called the Yaris GRMN, but that costs over 30000€. 

The c30 is quite heavy and big... I wouldn't count it as the same class as the others mentioned previously. 

Also it looks quite awesome... Especially the facelift r-design ones 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

The c30 is quite heavy and big... I wouldn't count it as the same class as the others mentioned previously. 

You're right, I've never driven one. Just thought that it might fit, but I just had a look and they're almost 1500kg. The front looks alright , but the back is hideous. I know that they designed it as nod to the 1800ES but it just doesn't work for me.

5 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

You're right, I've never driven one. Just thought that it might fit, but I just had a look and they're almost 1500kg. The front looks alright , but the back is hideous. I know that they designed it as nod to the 1800ES but it just doesn't work for me.

It's a good car, but the looks is pure personal preference 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

23 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

when the C30 first became i thing i remeber thinking it was the uggliest pice of shit on the road, it looks like a retarded smily from the back. i dont hate it as much now though, it looks ok

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, vetali said:

And somehow still not as ugly as the 1500. What is their styling department even doing??

Image result for 2019 silverado 1500

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

And somehow still not as ugly as the 1500. What is their styling department even doing??

*SNIP*

Holy fuck! I had seen the 2500/3500 update but I must have missed this, and it's somehow worse than the HD series. 

Who the hell is running this project?!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

17 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Holy fuck! I had seen the 2500/3500 update but I must have missed this, and it's somehow worse than the HD series. 

Who the hell is running this project?!

Right??? I get they're trying to make a brick more aerodynamic and styled but jfc the '18s look waaaaaaay better.

Image result for 2018 silverado 1500

I'd own this, not the new monstrosities.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Right??? I get they're trying to make a brick more aerodynamic and styled but jfc the '18s look waaaaaaay better.

*SNIP*

I'd own this, not the new monstrosities.

Totally agree. I liked the outgoing models; I thought they looked sharp.

But these... Fuck.

EDIT: My only guess for how these made it through, is that the President of GM is confused by the term "Blind Polling"

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

19 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Totally agree. I liked the outgoing models; I thought they looked sharp.

But these... Fuck.

EDIT: My only guess for how these made it through, is that the President of GM is confused by the term "Blind Polling"

"OH so we have to blind our customer base with how the vehicles look? Gotcha"

4 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

If i had the money i;d buy it ... and it would not be the manual gearbox one :P 

why did you get rid of it? 

I wanted low end torque... evo has basically zero till the turbo spools up... and it was kinda annoying with a 3500lb car.. so I got a s197 mustang gt... it did great burnouts! :D

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

11 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

I wanted low end torque... evo has basically zero till the turbo spools up... and it was kinda annoying with a 3500lb car.. so I got a s197 mustang gt... it did great burnouts! :D

Making cool noises, and doing burnouts is really about all my SN95 GT is good for.