NeoGAF forum owner accused of Sexual Misconduct

AlTech
38 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Ah, the crux of the matter. ASSUMPTION. If she asks you to buy her a drink, and you do so, you agreed to the terms. She gets a drink, and you get... nothing. You didn't ask for anything in return. You don't get to demand after the deal is made either. That I agree with completely.

Well he didn't ask, he just went ahead and did it. Congrats you played yourself by assuming he asked.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

and a number of users have written inflammatory posts in protest, hoping to get themselves banned.

xD what!?

Actually I shouldn't be too surprised, I've seen that kind of thing once or twice before... still doesn't make sense though.

Edit: In case it's not clear why this is silly, the correct response would be to (optionally) leave a note saying you are leaving the forum, and then ask to have the account deleted.  Causing trouble is a sure way to increase the chances things don't go the way you hoped.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Is there even proof of said misconduct?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

xD what!?

Actually I shouldn't be too surprised, I've seen that kind of thing once or twice before... still doesn't make sense though.

yea, not surprising but to the degree GAF banned "wrong-think" opinions is the reason why they are mainly doing it.

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Here's the funny thing, they've already got a new forum ready basically :P 

https://www.pcgamesn.com/resetera-forums-new-neogaf-replacement

They need a better name

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

They need a better name

RestartEra -> CancerEra ?

14 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Well in this case, there is corroborating evidence suggesting he's behaved badly around women before.  And despite what the chauvinists insist, women are usually telling the truth about these instances because they happen all the time.  That #metoo campaign that was floating around this month?  That wasn't coming out of the blue... it's an acknowledgment that virtually every woman has had men grope, catcall or otherwise sexually harass them at some point.

Also... what?  You think that leaving the bathroom door unlocked amounts to consent for anyone else entering the shower?  No, the only thing that amounts to consent to other people entering the shower is telling them they can come in.  There's an implied consent if both sides are part of a sexually involved couple, but even then, if someone says "no," that's the end of it.

maybe he thought they where a couple? we don't know as we don't know the specifics, they where after all in a situation where he even had the opportunity to follow her into the bathroom in the first place.

I'm just not trusting shit because of the LIES that where spread about me, back in High School I had several women tell the school administration that I had called their houses and threatened to shoot them at school the next day (this was shortly after Columbine), so I know first hand how accusations can RUIN peoples lives and how these women that said this got off scott free (because the school administration was replaced after the school year ended, to this day I have no idea who accused me), so i'm not one to just believe shit without any evidence, being the INNOCENT person accused of horrible things is not something I would wish on anyone.

also the #metoo campaign is the dumbest thing yet, saw a female friend post about it earlier today (first I saw it, with no idea what it was about) for many of us over the age of 20 the # symbol stands for POUND, so it's like they are saying "POUND Me Too" which is like the complete opposite of what the point of the hashtag is. (that was what she said by the way).

'member when he was calling every gamer sexist and misogynist pigs during gamergate?

Those were the good days. Good times indeed.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

21 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

'member when he was calling every gamer sexist and misogynist pigs during gamergate?

Those were the good days. Good times indeed.

Hilarious how that's working out lately, every vocal aGGer has rape or sexual assault claims against them recently.

28 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

maybe he thought they where a couple? we don't know as we don't know the specifics, they where after all in a situation where he even had the opportunity to follow her into the bathroom in the first place.

I'm just not trusting shit because of the LIES that where spread about me, back in High School I had several women tell the school administration that I had called their houses and threatened to shoot them at school the next day (this was shortly after Columbine), so I know first hand how accusations can RUIN peoples lives and how these women that said this got off scott free (because the school administration was replaced after the school year ended, to this day I have no idea who accused me), so i'm not one to just believe shit without any evidence, being the INNOCENT person accused of horrible things is not something I would wish on anyone.

also the #metoo campaign is the dumbest thing yet, saw a female friend post about it earlier today (first I saw it, with no idea what it was about) for many of us over the age of 20 the # symbol stands for POUND, so it's like they are saying "POUND Me Too" which is like the complete opposite of what the point of the hashtag is. (that was what she said by the way).

I can understand how that would skew things, and yes, that would absolutely suck.  Sorry to hear that happened.  I just think it's important to remember that few women make sexual assault claims lightly, because it ends up dominating their lives (at least for a while) and can open them up to retaliation if their claims don't stick.

I don't think #metoo is 'dumb' -- I didn't get hung up on the symbolism.  To me, it's just a reflection of how many women you likely know that have dealt with sexual assault/harassment at some point in their lives.  It means that you should trust women (within reason) when they say they've been harassed; be mindful of your behavior; and if you see other guys harassing women, put a stop to it when you can.  Basically, don't let the Harvey Weinsteins or Bill Cosbys of the world get away with it.

3 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Well he didn't ask, he just went ahead and did it. Congrats you played yourself by assuming he asked.

I'm not defending the altercation HE had because I don't know the facts, but one does not equal the other. I thought I made it pretty clear I was speaking loosely, not directly about how such an event can be perfectly acceptable. But you gotta ask! If what happened at that bar actually did happen, that's assault. I asked what happened to consent and you got pretty bent out of shape.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Who would have ever imagined that a forum that relishes in harassment and witch-hunting is run by a piece of shit?

NeoGAF is a typically reputable online forum

And I have beach front property to sell. *Eye brow wiggle, points at location*

This thread is just LOL. The white knighting good guys in this thread are just too funny. This bitch is probably just going for a money grab. Nothing more to see here folks. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

This thread is just LOL. The white knighting good guys in this thread are just too funny. This bitch is probably just going for a money grab. Nothing more to see here folks. 

The entire thing raises an eyebrow lol... Nothing of value was lost either way. NeoGaf made Something Awful look reputable so no QQ for the site going down~

bender.gif.4688afc3f6bcda2c2d729b6cab129bf4.gif

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

The entire thing raises an eyebrow lol... Nothing of value was lost either way. NeoGaf made Something Awful look reputable so no QQ for the site going down~

Not to me. It's too dime a dozen now and unless their is solid proof she a lying ho.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

5 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

for many of us over the age of 20 the # symbol stands for POUND

That's what comes to mind for me initially.

5 hours ago, Commodus said:

Basically, don't let the Harvey Weinsteins or Bill Cosbys of the world get away with it.

Or Bill Clintons.....

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Octothorpe over here home bro-ski.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Or Bill Clintons.....

Side note: despite being despicable for cheating on his wife, the sexual actions Bill Clinton had with Monica Lewinsky were completely consentual. 

They had an affair. He didn’t rape or assault her. 

How do I know this? Monica herself spilled the beans back in 2014 and gave an extensive accounting of the entire thing. 

So not comparable in the slightest to Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Side note: despite being despicable for cheating on his wife, the sexual actions Bill Clinton had with Monica Lewinsky were completely consentual. 

They had an affair. He didn’t rape or assault her. 

How do I know this? Monica herself spilled the beans back in 2014 and gave an extensive accounting of the entire thing. 

So not comparable in the slightest to Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby. 

I think the issue was that for some she was just trying to ruin him and for others he outright lied about it and they didn't want that type of person as their president.  The whole affair made people legitimately upset for opposing reasons.

Either way, some people see people using positions of power to engage in sexual misconduct as unethical all the same.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Ahh NEOGAF... filled with SJW's and ran by people who blanketly accused gamers as sexist. They made their bed. Now they should sleep in it.

22 minutes ago, JuNex03 said:

Ahh NEOGAF... filled with SJW's and ran by people who blanketly accused gamers as sexist. They made their bed. Now they should sleep in it.

add hiding a pedophile, encouraging witch hunts and adopting and spreading feminist thinking, like "listen and believe", which now backfired.

the amount of users committing account suicide right now..

4 minutes ago, apm said:

add hiding a pedophile, encouraging witch hunts and adopting and spreading feminist thinking, like "listen and believe", which now backfired.

the amount of users committing account suicide right now..

Wait what? "Hiding a pedophile" is news to me, just when I thought they couldn't be anymore crappy than what they are now.