No More NCIX Tech Tips (for now)

The channel that started Linus' in YouTube is now kinda dead. The last host, Riley Murdock has said there will no longer be any NCIX Netlinked due to all presenters moving on from the NCIX Tech Tips YouTube Channel and faces an unstable future going from one video every weekday to just one (maybe). This comes just days after they announced Netlinked would no longer be a Daily video (Original Name: Netlinked Daily) created by the team.

Source Video : 

LOL LIMEWIRE

Hopefully @LinusTech comes up with something to take over daily tech news since Netlinked Daily won't be a thing.

1 minute ago, You Scrub....The Floor said:

@LinusTech Will Linus Tech Tips follow suit? :|

I highly doubt it. LTT is completely separate from NCIX, and they (LTT) seem to be doing fairly well right now.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, TheKDub said:

Hopefully @LinusTech comes up with something to take over daily tech news since Netlinked Daily won't be a thing.

I highly doubt it. LTT is completely separate from NCIX, and they (LTT) seem to be doing fairly well right now.

Haha yeah.. just a bit of cheek because of the names. Rip me if linus tech tips were to ever go under, I grew up on these videos (and NCIX tech tips, but Linus is filling that hole)

LOL LIMEWIRE

Tbh not that surprising, it's not a secret it's not going great with NCIX in general...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I had a feeling all along over the weeks of going through each new info

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I'm sad but I don't care at the same time.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I started watching about a month before Julia left, and left when Julia left. I liked the other presenters, but I didn't see anything unique about their content.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

I will miss the quirky way they presented they daily news and rumors from the industry...but not really a surprise. I do look forward to seeing what the individual contributes do on their own (if anything).

1 minute ago, anthonyjc2010 said:

With the absence of NetLinked I hope that LMG makes a new channel to fill the void that NCIX just created. They could turn WAN show into its own channel, make it a daily tech news show, and then have a news recap/discussion on Fridays (WAN as usual) while still having the daily news show on Friday (just upload what we call WAN on Saturdays).

Though, one problem - I guess - would be that the channel would be excluded from FloatPlane Club, just due to the time-sensitive nature of the content.

floatplane could also get an upload but an ad free version (does netlinked have ads?) 

that would be central pahk!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

2 hours ago, You Scrub....The Floor said:

Haha yeah.. just a bit of cheek because of the names. Rip me if linus tech tips were to ever go under, I grew up on these videos (and NCIX tech tips, but Linus is filling that hole)

og-image.png

sorry i couldn't resist

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

2 hours ago, anthonyjc2010 said:

They could turn WAN show into its own channel, make it a daily tech news show,

A daily show?  There's not enough tech news to fill a regular week half the time, let alone daily. That would also just put more stress on their already daily upload schedule. Linus has also already stated I believe that the Wan show will stay on Twitch for the foreseeable future due to the way YouTube streaming works and its restrictions.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I'm not surprised. They had a terrible video editor and the female hosts were more like clickbait than a proper host.

5 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Ncix Tech Tips's issues are not because the channel wasnt doing well but because NCIX is a massive clusterfuck.

5 minutes ago, milanfon said:

I'm not surprised. They had a terrible video editor and the female hosts were more like clickbait than a proper host.

Have you ever watched the show? Esther and Julia were definitely real hosts... no matter what the comments were like every time they hosted. They were all editors for the channel (sans Esther?).

I used to be quite active here.

They were an interesting group, it's sad to see them go.

i have seen a lot of people who want them all to join lmg or something

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

is it weird to see them kinda smile behind those 'sad face' saying they wont be working for it anymore , feel like somethings going on backstage.

Details separate people.

is NCIX going bankrupt? Or are the hosts just moving on?

2 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

is it weird to see them kinda smile behind those 'sad face' saying they wont be working for it anymore , feel like somethings going on backstage.

yerp :P Its what happens when your company goes bankrupt but you cant say anything because NDA, and if you do it would cause a massive issue. 

Even though they were my competition - Both Riley and Jack are great people.

I had the chance to work with them back in 2014, when i was with HardwareCanucks, did an episode with Linus and them on TechTips and was fun, and they always stayed humble despite their growing fame.

Really hope that they get into something fun - and land on their feet- While NCIX is going under- its unfair that good people like them need to lose their jobs.

Not cool.

EX- Host of CanadaComputers CCHotSpot

Ask me in PM why - if your wondering...

3 hours ago, NinerL said:

is NCIX going bankrupt? Or are the hosts just moving on?

I think its a bit of both - a LOT of people, including management, have jumped ship in the past few weeks.

EX- Host of CanadaComputers CCHotSpot

Ask me in PM why - if your wondering...

NCIX will do something with that channel. They're not going to throwaway 1.1 million subs like that. 

5 hours ago, corsairian said:

NCIX will do something with that channel. They're not going to throwaway 1.1 million subs like that. 

Riley mentioned they'll have new faces soon, and he's still doing videos for them once a week or once a few weeks, something like that.