Microsoft acknolwedges game stuttering in Win10, might release fix

NumLock21

Microsoft has acknowledge that their Creator's Update build released in Spring has caused some games to stutter. They have released a preview build for Windows Insider fast ring users, to test it out and see if this beta build has fixed their game issues or not. They encourage those who are in the Windows Insider fast ring program, to give them feedback, so they can evaluate, and see if the fix needs to be included in their next update build or not.

Hello everyone,
Thanks to all of you who provided feedback and submitted traces via the Feedback app. We’ve been reviewing the traces and have identified an issue that we believe is the cause of stuttering in some of the cases that you’ve reported. We have a fix in the Windows Insider build that flighted to the “Fast” ring this week (build 16273 and above). If you are already an Insider please test it with any app or game you’re having this problem with and let us know how it goes. If you want to test it out and you’re not an Insider yet you can find instructions on joining the Windows 10 Insider Program here: https://insider.windows.com/en-us/how-to-pc/.

Again, If it works, let us know here – if it doesn’t submit another Feedback item using the same steps as above. Your feedback on this change and the Insiders build will help us evaluate the fix so we that can decide if it should be released for the current version of Windows 10.
And thanks again to everyone who provided feedback and traces – we are listening and you’re helping us figure it out.

Paul

http://wccftech.com/spring-creators-update-stuttering-games/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I didn't realize there was even a problem

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I didn't realize there was even a problem

It is only some users that are affected. The majority doesn't. Must be a set of specific system configuration, considering that it took some time for Microsoft to be able to reproduce it on their side, my guess. We need the details of course.

4 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

I wonder how long until Microsoft finally admits that Windows 10 has, is and will continue to be in beta stage.

When that statement becomes true.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Meanwhile the superior operating system (Windows 7) has no such issues.

if by superior you mean lacking in features that some find essential, lacking mainstream support and on track to retirement, sure.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I'm on Pro and the fast ring as a fifth boot option. I was affected by the issue when using the fast ring, but didn't get it on the Pro version. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

I'll call it "superior" when it doesn't give me issues running Nvidia Surround/borderless 5760x1080 with a touchscreen monitor on top. 

Spoiler

Soon to be two touchscreens, cuz why not.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

1 minute ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Superior. Windows 7. Pick one.

And yes, it does. But there is no good way of providing feedback (not that anyone cares at this point). And like 10, it's an issue experienced by the minority.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, revsilverspine said:

if by superior you mean lacking in features that some find essential, lacking mainstream support and on track to retirement, sure.

I'm not sure I want features like advertisements, bad compatibility with older games, spyware and constant updates.

Just now, Cookybiscuit said:

I'm not sure I want features like advertisements, bad compatibility with older games, spyware and constant updates.

I've been using Windows 10 since launch and the only "advertisement" I've ever seen was the "get office" once, which is actually an app that sends you to the Buy Office page.

Compatibility? Everything runs just fine, even Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, which absolutely refuse to even start on Win7. "spyware"? Can be turned off. Constant updates? Oh no! Bug fixes and improvements. Who needs those? Also can be turned off.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I'm not sure I want features like advertisements,

So... you don't use the internet, Youtube, or Amazon (all of which are coincidentally on the internet)?

bad compatibility with older games,

Has been the case for a very long time. Try running a 5.25" floppy from 95 and then XP. Not going to be easy running it from XP. 

spyware and constant updates.

Welcome to getting an OS on the first day! Every Tuesday, you'll receive free updates for your operating system. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

really?  Updates are a bad thing are they? lol

As for bad compatibility with old games, I can say I've noticed one game that behaves oddly.  In all previous versions of Windows that I've tried it on (98, XP, and 7), as well as Wine on Linux, it works fine, but on Windows 10, it runs fine, but if I alt tab away and back, it gets all messed up and is unplayable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, revsilverspine said:

I've been using Windows 10 since launch and the only "advertisement" I've ever seen was the "get office" once, which is actually an app that sends you to the Buy Office page.

Compatibility? Everything runs just fine, even Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, which absolutely refuse to even start on Win7. "spyware"? Can be turned off. Constant updates? Oh no! Bug fixes and improvements. Who needs those? Also can be turned off.

1. No you can't disable Windows 10's spyware.

2. No you can't disable your 'bug fixes and improvements'.

It was nice turning my PC on today and being immediately able to do what I wanted to do. Must be horrible being a Windows 10 user and not knowing when Microsoft is going to waste 10-15 minutes of your time running updates.

It was nice turning my PC on today and being immediately able to do what I wanted to do. Must be horrible being a Windows 10 user and not knowing when Microsoft is going to waste 10-15 minutes of your time running updates.

if you keep you machine updated it takes 1-2 min when you shutdown.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Windows 7 has wasted more of my time with updates than 10 ever has or will.  With 7, once they're done installing and it's ready for the reboot, it gives you that "remind me in 10 minutes / 1 hour / 4 hours" prompt continuously until you do, unless you're able to reboot right then and there.  With Windows 10, it automatically waits until you're not actively using it and reboots while you're away, or you can manually schedule it to run whenever it's most convenient, up to about a week away if necessary.  I've never had an issue with it and honestly I've found it to be much superior to previous implementations.

4 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Same. It was nice turning my PC on today and being immediately able to do what I wanted to do. It's great being a Windows 10 user and knowing that Microsoft offers updates for Windows 10 that are intended to keep the end user safe while using their operating system with the ability to postpone updating the operating system while power tasks such as gaming are being done.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

7 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

1. No you can't disable Windows 10's spyware

Hard to disable something that isn't actually there.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Windows 7 has wasted more of my time with updates than 10 ever has or will.  With 7, once they're done installing and it's ready for the reboot, it gives you that "remind me in 10 minutes / 1 hour / 4 hours" prompt continuously until you do, unless you're able to reboot right then and there.  With Windows 10, it automatically waits until you're not actively using it and reboots while you're away, or you can manually schedule it to run whenever it's most convenient, up to about a week away if necessary.  I've never had an issue with it and honestly I've found it to be much superior to previous implementations.

I've never installed Windows 7 updates ever until about a week ago when Destiny 2 wouldn't run without it, and it took only about 20 minutes. 'It just werks' is actually true for Windows 7 unlike Windows 10, which constantly pesters you.

2 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

Same. It was nice turning my PC on today and being immediately able to do what I wanted to do. It's great being a Windows 10 user and knowing that Microsoft offers updates for Windows 10 that are intended to keep the end user safe while using their operating system with the ability to postpone updating the operating system while power tasks such as gaming are being done.

I'll cry about Windows 7's lack of security once I'm hit with some nice ransomeware, but so far that hasn't happened.

1 minute ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Are you trolling or you really think that?

Yeah, sure it's not.

Telemetry is not spyware. Monitoring purchase activity through your marketplace is not spyware. Logging search requests on your search engine is not spyware.

So, unless we constitute OSX, Android, and some Linux distrobutions as spyware as well, Windows 10 is not spyware.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.