Microsoft acknolwedges game stuttering in Win10, might release fix

NumLock21
2 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

I'll cry about Windows 7's lack of security once I'm hit with some nice ransomeware, but so far that hasn't happened.

Congratulations! You aren't a complete dumbass who downloads every file you see on the internet!

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Windows 7 has wasted more of my time with updates than 10 ever has or will.  With 7, once they're done installing and it's ready for the reboot, it gives you that "remind me in 10 minutes / 1 hour / 4 hours" prompt continuously until you do, unless you're able to reboot right then and there.  With Windows 10, it automatically waits until you're not actively using it and reboots while you're away, or you can manually schedule it to run whenever it's most convenient, up to about a week away if necessary.  I've never had an issue with it and honestly I've found it to be much superior to previous implementations.

Don't forget how Windows 7 takes forever just to to check for, download, and finally install updates (even after the method that actually un-breaks updates). Longest I've had to wait for Windows 10 is easily 20% of what it took for Windows 7.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

5 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

I'll cry about Windows 7's lack of security once I'm hit with some nice ransomeware, but so far that hasn't happened.

And that's absolutely great, but what you're forgetting is that mostly healthcare organizations were affected by ransomware, as were other large organizations. Those that were hit by it were running Windows XP and Windows 7. Their operating systems were never updated because every organization has to add up costs of volume licensing for Windows and the programs they use.

I'm not sure you're even actually serious anymore.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Hiitchy said:

And that's absolutely great, but what you're forgetting is that mostly healthcare organizations were affected by ransomware, as were other large organizations. Those that were hit by it were running Windows XP and Windows 7. Their operating systems were never updated because every organization has to add up costs of volume licensing for Windows and the programs they use.

I'm not sure you're even actually serious anymore.

Good thing I don't run a hospital then, isn't it?

Anyway back on topic: did they ever say there was a specific hardware difference that caused it or was it just a generalization that can be fixed with a update?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Telemetry is not spyware. Monitoring purchase activity through your marketplace is not spyware. Logging search requests on your search engine is not spyware.

Thing is you believe Microsoft's use of that word. Yes, by definition telemetry is not spyware, but what Microsoft is doing with your data is not for telemetry purposes. It's not used to improve the experience or to fix certain bugs, it's there to collect data, your data in order to sell it to the highest bidder. Whether it's government or a private company or just some guy, it doesn't matter.

It's not meant for you, it's meant for them.

32 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

if by superior you mean lacking in features that some find essential, lacking mainstream support and on track to retirement, sure.

Its way better than a junkyard with identity crisis... 9_9

Just now, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Thing is you believe Microsoft's use of that word. Yes, by definition telemetry is not spyware, but what Microsoft is doing with your data is not for telemetry purposes. It's not used to improve the experience or to fix certain bugs, it's there to collect data, your data in order to sell it to the highest bidder. Whether it's government or a private company or just some guy, it doesn't matter.

It's not meant for you, it's meant for them.

Except nothing Microsoft collects through telemetry is worth anything. Only Bing searches and MS Store purchases, and even then, MS hasn't done anything to indicate that they just sell it to any bidder or that the data can be used to ID anyone past a user profile that we can manipulate to mislead the eyes of others, and rather easily.

Windows 10 is not, was not, and will never, be spyware. Not unless you broaden the definition to include OSX, Android, and Linux distrobutions like Ubuntu.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

19 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

I've never installed Windows 7 updates ever until about a week ago when Destiny 2 wouldn't run without it, and it took only about 20 minutes. 'It just werks' is actually true for Windows 7 unlike Windows 10, which constantly pesters you.

That is very unwise.

14 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Don't forget how Windows 7 takes forever just to to check for, download, and finally install updates (even after the method that actually un-breaks updates). Longest I've had to wait for Windows 10 is easily 20% of what it took for Windows 7.

Particularly from a fresh install, the first search(s) take literally hours, but in normal use I haven't noticed a big difference.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

RIP the past couple years of life that anyone argued Win10 is the best gaming OS and better than 7 had.

GG

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Except nothing Microsoft collects through telemetry is worth anything. Only Bing searches and MS Store purchases, and even then, MS hasn't done anything to indicate that they just sell it to any bidder or that the data can be used to ID anyone past a user profile that we can manipulate to mislead the eyes of others, and rather easily.

Windows 10 is not, was not, and will never, be spyware. Not unless you broaden the definition to include OSX, Android, and Linux distrobutions like Ubuntu.

So your personal information, passwords, what you searched for, your pictures, your name and everything you've ever done on a PC, mean nothing to you?

So your personal information, passwords, what you searched for, your pictures, your name and everything you've ever done on a PC, mean nothing to you?

The only thing on that list that MS actually collects is your searches. Beyond that, they're collecting error reports, debug logs, a spec sheet of the controller and driver versions you run, and crash reports.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

The only thing on that list that MS actually collects is your searches. Beyond that, they're collecting error reports, debug logs, a spec sheet of the controller and driver versions you run, and crash reports.

They collect the password of your Microsoft account though. That's pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That is very naive of you.

This isn't WinXP telemetry that we're talking about here.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

They at least have all Microsoft account info you're thicc enough to have one.

Just now, laminutederire said:

They collect the password of your Microsoft account though. That's pretty bad.

Not as bad as Google collecting your Youtube password.

That is very naive of you.

This isn't WinXP telemetry that we're talking about here.

No, Win10's is actually useful for fixing smaller bugs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Not as bad as Google collecting your Youtube password.

No, Win10's is actually useful for fixing smaller bugs.

It was a joke :) because sometimes people bitch about features which are kinda mandatory. You can't have an account without them knowing your password. You can't use a personal assistant with customization based on your writing or voice if they can't collect anything on those. You can't sync data without them putting the data elsewhere than on your pc. So I was ironically pointing that out.

Like what?

The issue described in thread, for one.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, laminutederire said:

It was a joke

So was my reply.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Like what?

You type random characters in the command line and press enter.

Just now, Drak3 said:

The issue described in thread, for one.

Wow so it took them 2 years to not fix the issue, but to acknowledge the issue but not from the telemetry cough spyware cough, but from the feedback that people submitted with the feedback app.

Yeah no fix there, mate, due to telemetry that they've collected so far.

Wow so it took them 2 years to not fix the issue, but to acknowledge the issue but not from the telemetry cough spyware cough, but from the feedback that people submitted with the feedback app.

Yeah no fix there, mate, due to telemetry that they've collected so far.

You realize that they cannot sift through every bit of telemetry, right?

You realize that the issue this thread talks about regards the new build, right?

And you realize that users if the feedback app are not developers, and cannot provide the necessary information for a fix themselves, but does give Microsoft a lead as to which telemetry data to use, right?

Or do you think that developers are magical beings that fix an issue by waving their wands the nanosecond telemetry data comes in?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.