Consumers are more satisfied with the Galaxy S6 Edge than they are the Galaxy S7

Repost

It appears a recent survey concluded that consumers are more satisfied with the Galaxy S6 Edge than consumers that own the Galaxy S7. It appears that consumers prefer thinner designs rather than thicker design that enable better battery life through bigger batteries. Surprisingly, the iPhone SE scored the highest in this survey.

The iPhone SE may not have all the bells and whistles of the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, but that doesn't mean people aren't happy with it. A recent survey conducted by the American Consumer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) ranked the iPhone SE as the no. 1 smartphone based on customer satisfaction.

acsi-survey-2017-iphone-se.png

It seems the masses have spoken- Consumers prefer thinner, sleeker phones over bulkier phones.

Edit: my thoughts:

I upgraded from the iPhone 5s to the S7 last year and it did take a bit to get used to. Using the S8 now, it feels thinner than the S7, but it looks like the thickness is still the same. If other manufacturers are able to make a thick phone feel thin, then I'll be ok with that. 

Source: https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-iphone-se-acsi-2017-survey/

interesting id rather have a thick phone. It was trying out someones S6 that made me want to get the S7, and the S7 is better. I dont think the thickness is noticeable. They should have cross referenced this question with "do you wear skinny jeans"

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 minutes ago, Repost said:

It appears a recent survey concluded that consumers are more satisfied with the Galaxy S6 Edge than consumers that own the Galaxy S7. It appears that consumers prefer thinner designs rather than thicker design that enable better battery life through bigger batteries. Surprisingly, the iPhone SE scored the highest in this survey.

It seems the masses have spoken- Consumers prefer thinner, sleeker phones over bulkier phones.

Am I the only one who prefers massive phones with tons of batteries?

Yours faithfully

18 minutes ago, Repost said:

I upgraded from the iPhone 5s to the S7 last year and it did take a bit to get used to. Using the S8 now, it feels thinner than the S7, but it looks like the thickness is still the same. If other manufacturers are able to make a thick phone feel thin, then I'll be ok with that. 

Interesting pick but man oh man S6 Edge runs so hot.

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

2 hours ago, Tedny said:

hmmm.... interesting statistic..... so, Why are we comparing a phone that can explore with the phone that can not do that? 

What?

4 hours ago, Repost said:

no S5 Neo.... why

That survey is bollocks, you know how I can tell?  There is no windows phone anywhere in the list.  They must have rigged to questions...:ph34r:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@SCHISCHKA@Lord Nicoll

A) At the top end, the numbers start getting into margin of error. There's a 1% difference between the small iPhone SE and the 5.7" phablets that are the the S6 Edge+ and iPhone 7 Plus.

B) The survey doesn't asks them why. We know that people are satisfied for their purchase, but not if that's 100% exactly what they want. For all we know, they wanted device running X OS with X features and X battery capacity, but they can only pick two, and are satisfied with the compromise they made.

I'm highly satisfied with both of my Galaxy S8's, but ultimately, I wanted an S8+ and an S8, I had to choose two S8's because no one had what I wanted in stock.

C) It doesn't take into consideration the sales of each device overall. The phones that rank the highest in this survey don't necessarily sell better than phones lower in the survey.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

How does it conclude that people like slimmer phones when Galaxy S6 is lower than Galaxy S7? 

Seems to me that people just interpret  the study to fit their narrative. 

Interestingly, no S7 Active.  I rather like mine.

5 hours ago, Tedny said:

hmmm.... interesting statistic..... so, Why are we comparing a phone that can explore with the phone that can not do that? 

Assuming you meant 'explode', that was the Note 7, not the Galaxy.

I don't see why people would dislike the S7 for it's size, in my eyes, it's perfect.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I just reluctantly got an s7 and it's surprised me in every aspect. Solid phone 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

All it concludes is that most people are short sighted idiots. As long as people spend more time holding their phones than charging, they will go for the improvement that more immediately comes to mind - which is the phone thickness.

Another peeve I have is how brainwashed the people have become to accept buying new phones yearly as norm. Its given manufacturers the perfect excuse to ditch replaceable batteries which is pivotal for those who wish for a phone that can really last. 

Thats why I'm still using an s5.

11 minutes ago, EminentSun said:

Thats why I'm still using an s5.

I had an m8, which was widely regarded as superior to the s5. I could definitely feel it's age before I upgraded. 

There's huge issues with something like this, and these studies are pretty poor ways to judge market interest.

• What's the sample size?
  • Who's to say more S6 Edge owners didn't reply, thus skewing the results?
  • Your title is flawed. The S7 has the same size battery. The S7 Edge has the larger.
  • S6 Edge+ gets better battery life than the S7

Not only that, the S6 Edge+ has a larger screen. So perhaps it has nothing to do with battery at all, and more to do with screen size.

It's worth taking any "study" like this with a massive, massive dose of salt. There's just too many variables.

5 hours ago, Tedny said:

The S7 didn't explode. 9_9

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

All it concludes is that most people are short sighted idiots. As long as people spend more time holding their phones than charging, they will go for the improvement that more immediately comes to mind - which is the phone thickness.

Another peeve I have is how brainwashed the people have become to accept buying new phones yearly as norm. Its given manufacturers the perfect excuse to ditch replaceable batteries which is pivotal for those who wish for a phone that can really last. 

The S6 Edge+ got better battery life than the S7. There are also more differences than battery size, like the fact the S6 Edge+ has a much larger screen than both the S7 and S7 Edge.

I know few people that buy new phones yearly. Sure, people line up, but they don't make the majority, they are a sliver of the minority. I replace my phone yearly because I get to try out different designs to see what I want and don't want, and it makes the most financial sense. I couldn't care less about replaceable batteries, and prefer the advances year over year.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I have regular S6 and I can't stand the edge variant. Even regular S7 haves somewhat curved back edges, not pleasant to hold at all, let alone edge variant. And now with S8 it's 'edge' design is the only one, which sucks for me. Cause I will look elsewhere in future if that's the only option they'll have.

Also not sure of irregular new tall display aspect ratio, it's not even 21:9 to keep the standard somewhat. (I've read Sony's new phone will have that aspect ratio). 

If it was kept with 16:9 but same screen to body ratio would be nice, would physically be smaller and more display fit. Could also make it larger display with not much size increase. Specially not vertical size, maybe somewhat wider.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Had the S6 Edge+, S7 Edge and Now the S8 and I for one loved them all.  The s6 edge + was a great phone and the s7 edge was about equal to that IMO.  Now the S8 just seems better than both of them.  I can see where the size difference between the standard s6 and the s7 edge would be an issue for some. I prefer the bigger phone though, just something I got used to.

9 hours ago, Repost said:

snip

Yea... because what is the margin of error on these things?

I think the whole thinner=better conclusion is not in any way shape or form substantiated by these ratings.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

*random completely satisfied iPhone SE User passing through*

i can't understand why people buy a new phone every year or two either. Especially considering that (in my expierience) the people who always need the news phone are the ones who have no clue, or use for the new features they don't even know exist ...

If you guys are going to complain about thinness, then is nobody bringing up the matter of the phablet craze that people are accepting like blind parrots? I really do not get how people can sacrifice comfort and one-handed use, just so that they can have a bigger screen to watch videos with (which they use, at most, 2% of the time).

And as for the frequent purchase cycles, I will simply say this; compared to the iPhones, the practical longevity of most of the Android smartphones (even the popular/niche ones) is still an absolute joke. "Apple's planned obsolescence", my right eye!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

As someone who got an S6 Edge 2 years ago, I've not found a really compelling reason to upgrade hardware yet...  It appears that the Exynos processor is holding up fairly well and I'm on Android version 7.0 at least.  As to the thinness of it, not really a problem since I got a Pelican case on it and a anti-scratch screen protector.  When I finally do upgrade, it should still be in near new condition.