Don't plug 2 chargers on your new 13/15inch MacBook Pro.... you'll break your system.

GoodBytes

That is right! Apparently, there are no fail safe mechanism in place for the newly released Apple MacBook Pro 13 and 15inch, if you plug 2 or more power adapters into it by mistake. Say, you are at the library with another friend with the same system, and you exchange cables/adapters, and accidentally plug his charger in with yours (just a possible example), your MacBook Pro will no longer charge your battery, ever. It seems that the charging circuit breaks when you plug 2 chargers in.

This is based on a YouTube video from the channel: EverythingApplePro, an Apple fan channel (who said that the $300 Apple book is a great buy). The channel has over 2.7 million subscribers.

In this video he tests plugging multiple chargers on the MacBook Pro 13 and 15 (he also noted that the Apple power adapters don't come with the USB type-C cable... you need to buy that separately as well)

You can watch his experimentation here (Source):

[update]

Apple help documentation, says that the MacBook Pro will draw power from the adapter delivering the most power:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207256

• Your MacBook Pro draws power from only one power supply, even if more than one is attached—so using multiple power supplies will not speed up charging.
  • If you connect multiple power supplies to your MacBook Pro, the one that provides the most power will be used, regardless of the order in which you connected them.

Clearly, that fail safe did not work. But it could be a manufacture error that happened on its 2 Macs, the 13 inch and 15inch (very unlikely).

how the hell did they butcher the circuitry this bad? first the wifi and adapter problems, now this. i thought apple was supposed to "do it right"  when other manufacturers failed to implement it, but this just looks like pure ineptness with USB type c.

This is interesting, but why would you charge your MacBook with 4 chargers anyway xD

The geek himself.

What the hell was wrong with the magsafe charger? It was great. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

This is interesting, but why would you charge your MacBook with 4 chargers anyway xD

Who knows...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einsten

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

It wasn't compatible with USB C, and so it had to go. 

1 minute ago, abazigal said:

It wasn't compatible with USB C, and so it had to go. 

why? It's a charger!It doesn't have to do anything else. Since when should charging ports be combo ports? Why not 4 usb C and a separate magsafe port? I mean it's not gonna take your laptop off the table when someone trips on it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

12 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

This is based on a YouTube video from the channel: EverythingApplePro, an Apple fan channel (who said that the $300 Apple book is a great buy). The channel has over 2.7 million subscribers.

I watched that idiots video (saved a bunch of people $300 tbh), I would be willing to be he will open that book at max another 3 times. It'll sit on a shelf or in a dresser or whatnot and collect dust.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

why? It's a charger!It doesn't have to do anything else. Since when should charging ports be combo ports? 

For scenarios like what I had this morning: All USB ports were being used and I needed to plug another USB device in, and the power plug was sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

why? It's a charger!It doesn't have to do anything else. Since when should charging ports be combo ports? Why not 4 usb C and a separate magsafe port? I mean it's not gonna take your laptop off the table when someone trips on it. 

It only served a single purpose and took up space. Space is crucial on a device like this, I mean compare this to something like the HP Specter. /S

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Yup. On the same video, you see him yanking the power cord as a test, and you can see that USB type-C connector holds so well, that the cable and port broke. So, imagine an actual trip... your system will fly off the table, hit the floor hard (breaking something possibly), your power cord is broken, and your USB Type-C cord is also potentially broken.

Just now, QueenDemetria said:

For scenarios like what I had this morning: All USB ports were being used and I needed to plug another USB device in, and the power plug was sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

"sometimes I have trouble sleeping and I open the book and flip through pictures of their products. Really fulfills me. "

muh specs 

All parts black

7 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

I dont have a macbook pro but thanks.

And any i-sheep will always said any apple product is great. including those $300 book.

Yeah, but don't you run a business on selling computers? It'd be a good tidbit to let customers know, if they ever buy a 2016 MBP from you.

10t5ndvvew.gif

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

then add another usb port! Chargers can be put literally anywhere a lot easier than usb ports. I'm not mad about the combo, I'm mad they got rid of magsafe. They are reintroducing problems they already solved. 

muh specs 

All parts black

12 minutes ago, tlink said:

how the hell did they butcher the circuitry this bad?

jobs is not there to bitch slap them when they bring a dumb idea

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

This is moronic. How the fuck did nobody at Apple ever get their heads around that case?

This notebook is a failure. An outright failure, looking more and more like it was designed as one.

Ye ole' train

11 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Because 4 times as fast :D

11 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

magnets are as old as the planet, clearly obsolete tech 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

The idea is that the USB C port can be a charging port when you need it and be any other port when you aren't charging your laptop. What better way to showcase the versatility of USB C?

A magsafe port is a charging port when you need to charge your laptop, but you can't turn it into any other port when you aren't charging your laptop. 

If you make an exception for MagSafe, then why not for HDMI, or SD or some other port you might deem indispensable?

5 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

but then you'd have 4 ports and a magsafe instead of 3 and charge or 4 ad no charge

3 minutes ago, spamy666 said:

Because 4 times as fast :D

good point lol

The geek himself.

15 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Definitely not 4 chargers ,  but i can easily see someone plugging two chargers in by mistake 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

then add another usb port! Chargers can be put literally anywhere a lot easier than usb ports. 

On the laptop I was using adding another USB port would mean ditching either the Ethernet or HDMI, which would also make people complain ;)

I hate proprietary charging jacks, since no laptop manufacturer will agree to use the same connector, so Type C is nice that it works across manufactures and devices(for example, I can charge my Spectre and phone with the same cable and charger).

Just now, Thread212 said:

But we dont sell Apple product.

Its just people are starting to realize that apple product is getting sucks from time to time especially after the passing of steve jobs. 

People are more interested on buying a computer or laptop in here but not with macbook pro.

I am glad with that. I hope apple will realize that too.

None of the local shops where I live officially sell Apple products either. They still see Macs/MacBooks/MBPs (that can be as old as a year) come in and go out enough that this would be a good bit on info for them in a year or two.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.