Don't plug 2 chargers on your new 13/15inch MacBook Pro.... you'll break your system.

GoodBytes

I part of me wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true. But I have to assume that's it was a way to generate views.

43 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Surface Master Race :D. Never worry about laptops flying anywhere.

I dunno, when I had a surface I accidentally threw it at a wall when it slipped out my hand as I was picking it up. Only a little damage. To the wall.

2 minutes ago, daniielrp said:

I dunno, when I had a surface I accidentally threw it at a wall when it slipped out my hand as I was picking it up. Only a little damage. To the wall.

I was referring to when charging since it has a magnetic charging system which is as good as MagSafe.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I was referring to when charging since it has a magnetic charging system which is as good as MagSafe.

The newer ones yeh, on the original surface I always found it a bit finicky to connect properly.

2 hours ago, abazigal said:

Imagine an external monitor that supplies power, display and data over a single USB-C cable. You get all this simply by plugging a single cable to your laptop, compared to 2-4 cables today. 

Under the right setup, it can be a real convenience. 

dp with tb could already do display and data, and rather have 2 cables if it means that one of the two is magsafe

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I thought it is really easy to keep this from happening in software. The charger is supposed to communicate with the charging circuit via the USB-C connector right? Just check whether there is already a charger plugged in via this communication or hell, just check if any of the charging circuits is already charging before allowing to draw power. If this thing was designed right you can fix this in software, just do it!

4 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

@GoodBytes I think you should update your OP but you won't, won't you?

That doesn't necessarily prove that it isn't happening.

This would be like CNN releasing a story about how Toyota Airbags go off unexpectedly, then Toyota releasing a product page that says "Our airbags are designed to only go off at the right time". Well no shit they're designed that way, but that doesn't mean they work as designed.

I'd like to wait for an unbiased third party to retest this using proper methodology before making a final judgement either way. Apple could be right, or this YT video could be. We need more testing before we can say they are innocent or guilty.

@GoodBytes, I would include their link in the OP to placate them, but it doesn't prove a single damn thing, since they provide no videos of testing.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

That doesn't necessarily prove that it isn't happening.

This would be like CNN releasing a story about how Toyota Airbags go off unexpectedly, then Toyota releasing a product page that says "Our airbags are designed to only go off at the right time". Well no shit they're designed that way, but that doesn't mean they work as designed.

I'd like to wait for an unbiased third party to retest this using proper methodology before making a final judgement either way. Apple could be right, or this YT video could be. We need more testing before we can say they are innocent or guilty.

@GoodBytes, I would include their link in the OP to placate them, but it doesn't prove a single damn thing, since they provide no videos of testing.

In the video, nothing breaks rather it says no charging and that could be due to various reasons like battery being already close to full or there isn't enough voltage to charge the laptop properly, etc

This isn't some kind of mechanical failure like the airbag analogy you brought up. This is more like Apple says they've fitted skylake CPU but some random YouTuber ran some random benchmark it performed worse than what skylake should've. Apple wouldn't straight up lie

At this point,  you are denying everything and going on like an unstoppable train, judging from the conversation we're having on both the threads

And btw, does any company release 100s of tests they perform on their devices?

1 minute ago, RedRound2 said:

In the video, nothing breaks rather it says no charging and that could be due to various reasons like battery being already close to full or there isn't enough voltage to charge the laptop properly, etc

This isn't some kind of mechanical failure like the airbag analogy you brought up. This is more like Apple says they've fitted skylake CPU but some random YouTuber ran some random benchmark it performed worse than what skylake should've. Apple wouldn't straight up lie

At this point,  you are denying everything and going on like an unstoppable train, judging from the conversation we're having on both the threads

Actually, you'll note that at this point I'm not denying anything. I'm urging that we need more testing. You're just saying "The test is flawed, so therefore the results must be wrong".

What I'm saying is "The test is flawed, but we need to retest using proper testing procedures to verify whether it's correct or not".

I'm on an unstoppable train looking for the truth, if you want to go there. If it turns out that the test was straight up wrong, and there's no harm in using multiple chargers? Great! I want to be wrong here. But I'm also not going to just take Apple's word for it, since they've provided nothing to substantiate their claim.

Show me 2 chargers connected, and the system charging normally as it should, and I will be 100% on board.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

20 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

I might make a video showing that the magsafe can indeed yank the entire laptop. I've owned a few MacBooks, it does happen.

And yes I will compare both, look at the image I posted above, its basically a phone charger yet came with a MacBook. My wife has a MacBook(and I have a Spectre) and I do use the Apple/HP charger to charger my phones(s), and I have used phone charger to charge both of the laptops(albeit it was slower due to the lower voltage/current).

Well with my Air it doesn't yank it at all.

Fair enough.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

11 hours ago, abazigal said:

Imagine an external monitor that supplies power, display and data over a single USB-C cable. You get all this simply by plugging a single cable to your laptop, compared to 2-4 cables today. 

Under the right setup, it can be a real convenience. 

This is great... Until you plug in the charger and kill your lapttop.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

This would be like CNN releasing a story about how Toyota Airbags go off unexpectedly, then Toyota releasing a product page that says "Our airbags are designed to only go off at the right time"

Let's not kid ourselves here, CNN is too busy bashing Trump and reporting plane crashes to report on airbags :^)

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.