How much do you guys make?

jasonwj322a

Being a 6th grader in the middle of nowhere is earning me zillions of dollars. I can be richer than anyone!!

If I learned anything from being in school, it's to use your imagination :P 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

how much do i make?

can you be more specific because that is a real personal question if you are asking how much people earn in income

16 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

how much do i make?

can you be more specific because that is a real personal question if you are asking how much people earn in income

What do you THINK the question could otherwise be?  'How many pens do you steal from your workplace per year?'?

Almost $26,000. Slowly working my way up so I can be making ~$100k and then I can afford all the cars I drool over.

Hopefully my wife and I don't make anything since the only children I like are the ones whose classification starts with Canis lupus and ends in familiaris.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Enough to get by but not enough to live by.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

My wife and I gross nearly $200k USD annually, but take home about half of that after taxes and retirement contributions. She's a principal of a charter school and I'm a business systems consultant for a huge bank. We both turned 30 in the last few weeks, expecting our first born (daughter) in December, and are now saving for a home in California. 

I make enough that I don't have to worry about what I buy at the grocery store. Some people say that makes me rich.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

Currently going through college, but get around $1K a month since the Post 9/11 is paying.  Can't really complain since that covers my expenses, and I can focus doing my college study.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

its not how much you make but more how much you save because you can earn 100k+/yr and be in debt that is the american way because they got to have the flash and keep up with the jones'

I'm a year out of high school, so I can't say I make a steady "$XXXX" a year. This year, I made just under $40k. Who knows how well next year will go, but hopefully around the same at this rate. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

11 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

its not how much you make but more how much you save because you can earn 100k+/yr and be in debt that is the american way because they got to have the flash and keep up with the jones'

That's a good point.

Actual yearly income doesn't matter, and isn't that useful, unless you take into account cost of living and taxes.

Making $50K/year in like, Nebraska is going to make you a lot more wealthy then making $50K/year in NYC. In many cities and provinces/states (and countries, outside of North America), something like $45K/year is a great income. And in other cities, that's not enough to live on.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

12 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

$60k/year. $8500 in student debt remaining.  No other debts, not even credit card or other consumer debts.  :3

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

That's a good point.

Actual yearly income doesn't matter, and isn't that useful, unless you take into account cost of living and taxes.

Making $50K/year in like, Nebraska is going to make you a lot more wealthy then making $50K/year in NYC. In many cities and provinces/states (and countries, outside of North America), something like $45K/year is a great income. And in other cities, that's not enough to live on.

So darn true.

The area I am at has the lowest cost of living in the whole country.  Can easily get a nice house for around 100K or less with good amount of acres, plus gas is super cheap (currently $1.83 a gal here).

I know one guy who actually keeps his pay right below the next tax bracket so he don't get hit with the higher taxes that next bracket brings.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

31 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

So darn true.

The area I am at has the lowest cost of living in the whole country.  Can easily get a nice house for around 100K or less with good amount of acres, plus gas is super cheap (currently $1.83 a gal here).

I know one guy who actually keeps his pay right below the next tax bracket so he don't get hit with the higher taxes that next bracket brings.

We don't have that problem in Canada, since we have a Graduated Tax system.

That means if I get a raise that bumps me into the next bracket, ONLY the amount of money earned above that bracket is taxed at the new rate.

That doesn't deal with any potential tax credits you might lose though at the higher income rate.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That means if I get a raise that bumps me into the next bracket, ONLY the amount of money earned above that bracket is taxed at the new rate.

That doesn't deal with any potential tax credits you might lose though at the higher income rate.

It's also true in the U.S. Unless @Ithanul's acquaintance is concerned about a particular means-tested benefit or some special tax, he's leaving money on the table.

3 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

It's also true in the U.S. Unless @Ithanul's acquaintance is concerned about a particular means-tested benefit or some special tax, he's leaving money on the table.

I was 99% sure that was the case, but didn't want to say anything :P

It really depends on how much time I have to work since I'm a student. It ranges from $250 (when I have exams) up to $550, with ~$450 being avg. If wanted to have less free time, I could make up to $800, but I do have many obligations outside job/uni and I need a break every now and then.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

41 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That doesn't deal with any potential tax credits you might lose though at the higher income rate

The United States also has a graduated tax system.  The whole fear of raises to avoid 'losing more money than before' is entirely based on misconception.  People just have no idea how taxation works so they believe in what is little more than urban legend.