How much do you guys make?

jasonwj322a

I know this a sensitive topic but I'm just curious on how much a typical person here earns. I myself earns pretty much nothing since I'm still in high school. Reading the forums/comments, I've seen some people buying really expensive things. I know people don't buy those all the time but it's definitely more than I expected. Again no need for actual numbers, something in the range or just description would be ok. 

Around $2k a month. Depending on how much i work/ if i was sick/ overtime etc etc.

I'm a warehouse worker and handle boxes for 8 hours a day. 5 days per week. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I just got my masters degree in Business Information Technology and startet working as a developer (broadly defined, I do more than just coding :P) at a major software company and I roughly make 50k € a year. For Germany, it's a pretty solid starting salary, not top of the line but somewhere a bit above average. It'll pay the bills :D

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

About €800 a month working 4 jobs. Each has variable but good pay. I work about  25 hours a week and am 19 years old. Tips are ocassionally given but in my country it's quite rare

Remember that cost of living is very different, i.e. I make about 750 USD after tax per month which would put me in the poverty line in the US but considering everything is at least double as expensive at least but usually more in the US (depending on the city) it's the equivalent of around 2000 USD all things considered.

-------

Current Rig

-------

As a student i get 1050sek a month + work 2 times a week for 2 hours 100sek/h

Depending on time of season I pull in anywhere from 65k-135k/yr after taxes.

After University I'll probably be pulling in about 200k/yr after taxes, but that's still quite some years away.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I get about 110 usd a month from school, as well as about 105 usd as a form of allowance at home.

8 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Depending on time of season I pull in anywhere from 65k-135k/yr after taxes.

After University I'll probably be pulling in about 200k/yr after taxes, but that's still quite some years away.

that sounds awfully optimistic. What do you even do?

3 minutes ago, -TesseracT- said:

Not really in the grand scheme of things...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

1 minute ago, Nuluvius said:

I mean, come on, 200k a year AFTER taxes? 

3 minutes ago, -TesseracT- said:

Why not? I can make more than that contracting and consulting. It can be further augmented (assuming one possesses moderate intelligence that is) by stocks and shares.

The money is out there to be had and the world doesn't owe you anything.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I work in a call centre full time and earn £21,000 which would be the equivalent of about $30,000 salary in the US. (though not by todays exchange rates)

£1300 take home a month.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

14 minutes ago, -TesseracT- said:

At the moment I am a co-owner in a small business in my area. 

Im currently wrapping up a Masters in Marine Biology with a degree in computer science. Purely to augment my current income, since my business requires almost 0 input from me to make money at this point.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

10 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

of course it is ridiculous however, this forum is about expensive hardware that most people can't afford so it will attract some rich people (and some people who like to show off by making stuff up...!)

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

3 minutes ago, treeroy said:

of course it is ridiculous however, this forum is about expensive hardware that most people can't afford so it will attract some rich people (and some people who like to show off by making stuff up...!)

I dont have a job, I dont get any money from my parents, and I've saved up about 3000 usd in 1.5 years. I could afford quite high-end hardware, so that is not a good argument to me. 

edit: I had a summer job where I made about 500 usd

20 minutes ago, -TesseracT- said:

From two jobs? One that already pulls in for me nearly 2/3rds of that during the summer and new year?

Not to mention a stem field... But no, I guess earning money equivalent to what you've put in means nothing. I could take a picture of my current checking account, which at the moment is holding transfer funds for my business in the ballpark of 430 some odd thousand, but I'm not about to release that information, or go through that hassle.

16 minutes ago, Atmos said:

At the moment I am a co-owner in a small business in my area. 

Im currently wrapping up a Masters in Marine Biology with a degree in computer science. Purely to augment my current income, since my business requires almost 0 input from me to make money at this point.

What kind of business are you running, if you don't mind me asking?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

2 minutes ago, Urishima said:

What kind of business are you running, if you don't mind me asking?

Im the majority owner of a gym in my area that I decided to purchase with another associate. We have nearly no competition in our area, and are the soul distributer for some popular product from our internal store.