Motion controlled Gaming on PC without VR - controllers?

Hey 🙂

it's not quite a PC building question, more a PC controller question, if I'm in the wrong place, I apologize, please move or delete it.

I've seen this streamer (https://www.twitch.tv/luality) play Elden Ring using motion controls (example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_72oSFMzbs4&t=88s )

Any idea how she did it? I unfortunately can't find her explaining her hardware anywhere.

Any suggestions how I could replicate this?

Things I've already thought of/tried:

I've got a dance pad, but I'm not actually good enough at Elden Ring to play with fewer buttons. I've looked for some kind of mobile one handed controler/nunchuck to supplement the dance pad and discovered the Razer Hydra Motion Sensing Controllers, only to discover that they're from 2013 and I can't even find them used. As you see, I'm open to alternatives to using plain motion control, a form of control that allows me to move/makes me move would work as well.

I'd appreciate any brainstorming you could come up with. I'm not afraid of diying something together as long as I don't need a soldering iron (I don't have a lot of practice with those, but if it's the only way to get what I want...). I have no idea what an appropriate budget would be. I'd rather stick to doing this on my pc and not getting another console. Ideally, whatever is necessary to do this should be available in Europe/Germany.

Hope you're all having a nice evening!

Avallyn

I mean people have done things with the Kinect. However the fact that she gives no details at all about this and even in the comments states it's way too difficult to explain leads me to believe its:

• Not her design / setup so she doesn't understand it at all. 
  • Or it's just fake.

Usually even if something  is a complex setup, someone could at least say, "web cams and custom python scripts or a Kinect camera and a bunch of custom coding along with a floor mat." This streamer chooses nothing like it's top secret. 

49 minutes ago, Avallyn said:

Any idea how she did it?

https://www.gamesradar.com/now-elden-ring-fans-are-trying-to-beat-the-game-without-touching-a-controller-at-all/

Luality herself is the controller - she's set up a motion camera to capture her movements and translate them to in-game actions. She can stick out a leg to move forward, or hold it to the left or right to move in either direction. She's mapped a whistling motion to call Torrent, and a drinking motion to chug a potion.

And something like this:
https://github.com/PoseAI/PoseCameraAPI/tree/main

Pose Camera turns your phone into a realtime motion capture device, streaming animation data with low-latency to other applications. This can be used as a motion based controller for gaming or fitness apps, or even to capture and record animations

-----

8 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

However the fact that she gives no details at all about this and even in the comments states it's way too difficult to explain leads me to believe its:

• Not her design / setup so she doesn't understand it at all. 
  • Or it's just fake.

Usually even if something  is a complex setup, someone could at least say, "web cams and custom python scripts or a Kinect camera and a bunch of custom coding along with a floor mat." This streamer chooses nothing like it's top secret. 

I'd probably give the same reply if I was that streamer...
99.9% of my viewers wouldn't be able to replicate it unless I packaged it and built a UI for them, which I would have no incentive to do:
- more work

- more competition

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

@Biohazard777

Thank you for that git hub link!! That looks like a great place to start! I completely missed that article when I went looking, too.

As far as the other direction I might take this (if possible) goes: Does anyone know of something similar to the Razer Hydra Motion Sensing Controllers that's available currently?