Apple releases $300 book containing 450 photos of Apple products

2 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

Frank Lloyd Wright! Jesus. I was thinking of Andrew Lloyd Webber as well. 

I meant specifically which books since I can't find any that are that expensive from the mentioned author. I'm curious to see what kind of books are so expensive.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

13 hours ago, tlink said:

high quality art printing does not cost that much, my dad is an artist and can teach any art subject on an university. my parents their home is literally filled with art books and none of the picture ones costs 300 dollar, at most 200 and that one is literally 150 pages. this literally is for pseudo art collectors.

I never said the printing costs where the only factor here, not at all. I said that if it is high quality printing it would be a lot more than what a lot of people have been throwing around in the commens.
Great that not all art books are expensive, I never claim that, I said some people would buy books with art (as an example, since I have seen these) even though they costs several 100 usd. They buy them for the same reason anyone would buy this apple book - collection/collectable.

However printing these books, would likely be in the 30-50 USD range I would guesstimate (also subject to how many they print) it could even be more,  it depends on the number of prints. Also, without knowing what quality material and printing process they used obviously noone can say for sure. I am basing it on the assumption they went all in. (Source: one of my mates have been working in print all his life).

Again, you are trying to argue that your case is how everyone is/how the world is, which is not correct. Drop the bubble and understand that how you see things work, is not a reflection of everyone else.

Edit: I won't continue this discussion, as it is slowly becoming more and more personal and less of a discussion (we shall see). I have said everything in the initial post, I would recommend reading it in full instead of selectively reading what you want from it.
We are really saying more or less the same thing here (do we both think the book is expensive, yes, would any of us buy it, no), and merely debating reasoning behind the book cost and why anyone would buy it.

I feel like one of the Apple Execs was shopping on Ebay and got tricked by one of those scammers that sells pictures of products instead of the product itself. The rest was history.

25 minutes ago, MrE said:

I never said the printing costs where the only factor here, not at all. I said that if it is high quality printing it would be a lot more than what a lot of people have been throwing around in the commens.
Great that not all art books are expensive, I never claim that, I said some people would buy books with art (as an example, since I have seen these) even though they costs several 100 usd. They buy them for the same reason anyone would buy this apple book - collection/collectable.

However printing these books, would likely be in the 30-50 USD range I would guesstimate (also subject to how many they print) it could even be more,  it depends on the number of prints. Also, without knowing what quality material and printing process they used obviously noone can say for sure. I am basing it on the assumption they went all in. (Source: one of my mates have been working in print all his life).

Again, you are trying to argue that your case is how everyone is/how the world is, which is not correct. Drop the bubble and understand that how you see things work, is not a reflection of everyone else.

Edit: I won't continue this discussion, as it is slowly becoming more and more personal and less of a discussion (we shall see). I have said everything in the initial post, I would recommend reading it in full instead of selectively reading what you want from it.
We are really saying more or less the same thing here (do we both think the book is expensive, yes, would any of us buy it, no), and merely debating reasoning behind the book cost and why anyone would buy it.

my point is that the price is ridiculous. 

However, the price is not as bad (still expensive sure) as you guys circle jerk about.

yes it is, thats my point. its a collectible because it has a ridiculous price. its again a status symbol by wealth. 

16 hours ago, Masada02 said:

have you seen those plain white paintings that sold for something close to 100 million dollars

I thought we were discussing art, not money laundering 9_9

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 minutes ago, tlink said:

my point is that the price is ridiculous. 

yes it is, thats my point. its a collectible because it has a ridiculous price. its again a status symbol by wealth. 

Looks like we are running in circles here. We are basically saying the same thing, except I don't state my opinion as fact for everyone.

But it's fine, It could just be a language barrier, I might be misinterpreting.

But yes, as I have stated many times, I also personally think the book is expensive. The rest can be found in previous comments.

A coffee table book only the most dedicated Apple fans will buy.  I guess the price can be justified on that alone.  Just need Microsoft to release their own book with 400 pictures of mice and keyboards with a few Surface pics.  

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. First I laughed because I thought it was a joke. Then I laughed because this fuckery is real. Then I laughed even harder because some people are actually trying to defend it with bullshit like "it looks like it's high quality paper".

I am just on page one and I'm already afraid I might die from laughter if I keep going.

It's amazing how many people fail to realize that $300 is not even that stupidly high for a photo book, a good high quality book with nice paper set you back around $40 for only 22 pages that are A4 size.

$300 a bit much? yes, maybe, but is it incredibly high? no, far from, taking the Dakar press books as example those things are 100-150 pages, thin but reasonable quality paper, go for $99.99! so to the people complaining this isn't cheap, wake up, photo books aren't cheap at all, for the amount of pages you get this isn't even that bad if you ask me.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

To be fair it's actually quite expensive to print book with good quality. Not that expensive though. It probably costs them $20 to print a book. That's if the photo's are of super high quality which I doubt they are. $300 is in the realms of limited printed books bran new. Firearm history books are about that where they only print 60 or so of them.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

21 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Wow, just, wow.  This seems like a whole new level of narcissism, even for Apple.  Do they really think people will pay $300 just for the great privilege of witnessing their glorious products? xD

People will buy it and we all know that xD The question is why? O_o 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

8 hours ago, Derangel said:

Why are you so damn offended that this thing exists? You clearly aren't the target market for it. Most people aren't their target market. A handful of people will like this kind of book and will buy it. They will be happy with it (most likely) and feel their money was well spent. It's capitalism. Companies sell what they think they can make money off of at the price they believe people will pay. There is no reason to get mad about it existing. It doesn't harm you or anyone else in any way. Personally, if it had detailed photos going into all of the design of these products along with notes from the designers talking about how they came to the current design and also showed off early prototypes I might actually be really interested in it (though probably not for $300). I love learning about the how of products and Apple does make some of the best looking electronic devices out there, so a deep dive into that process would catch my attention.

Where did you get that I'm offended? I was chatting with a guy how it makes no sense, yet I get is robot response.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Me and my friends reactions:

lol.gif

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Seriously, Apple? Seriously? 

Image result for you've gotta be kidding me face

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

2 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Where did you get that I'm offended? I was chatting with a guy how it makes no sense, yet I get is robot response.

Oh I'm sorry I don't have a stick up my ass and that I don't get deeply offended because a company wants to make money doing something that virtually all other companies do at some point.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Where is the preorder button so I can waste money on this book that I'll never open?

Seriously though, I don't think it is worth that much. 150$ is pushing it, but 300$, hell no. Is this even limited print?

You guys should wait for 3rd party to stock and clear them if you are interested.

18 hours ago, Arri said:

Apple releases a sub $500 mac book and people are still complaining. smh!

They have, it's called the mini. IMO, looks like a good alternative for those who wants a real mac, but don't want to spend that much on one. But the cheapest one gives you the crappiest specs, and the new models can't do any after market ram upgrades.

http://www.apple.com/mac-mini/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

-snip-

Well, to the right person, it may cost 5000 or more $, given this is in fact a piece of history from the company and that will probably go out of stock faster than the 7 and 7 Plus Jet Black.

Everyone is looking at the collectible of today, but they forget that purchasers of such book are morethanlikely gonna treat this with utmost care and store it in a safe environment (locked safe) and given this is in fact a timeless product that doesnt suffer from potential degradation like eletronics, this is one of the type of art that will take loyal costumers by the heart the most in the next two or + decades ^^. Im sure if properly cherished for, this is one of those products whose rarity cost is astronomical.

Groomlake Authority

If I wanted to buy an overpriced, masturbatory, self agrandizing book I'd buy the Madonna Sex book because at least that one has tits on it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOBODY BUY THIS. PLEASE.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOBODY BUY THIS. PLEASE.

Or y'know, buy it if you want it and deem it worth your money. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.