PBO 2 higher and lower frequencies depending on load

5700x MSI x470 Gaming plus mobo

I had this crazy thought.

Is it possible to have pbo increase my frequency to 4850Mhz (which it does all core) and have pbo lower my frequency sub 2000Mhz (or lower utilization) on low load?

Currently 'low' only goes down to 3.8ghz, I wonder how low can it go with all the benefit of PBO 

2 minutes ago, Mnemonically_impared said:

5700x MSI x470 Gaming plus mobo

I had this crazy thought.

Is it possible to have pbo increase my frequency to 4850Mhz (which it does all core) and have pbo lower my frequency sub 2000Mhz (or lower utilization) on low load?

Currently 'low' only goes down to 3.8ghz, I wonder how low can it go with all the benefit of PBO 

Why do you want lower clockspeeds during lower loads?

PBO won't go low, as it's called "Precision Boost Overdrive" which essentially means, that the CPU will boost as fast as possible for the smallest reason possible to achieve it's task in the shortest time.

You'd actually want to turn off PBO if you want idle clocks to be lower and jump less often and less higher.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PBO is a boost thing, not under clock thing. C states are for power savings, enable them if they are disabled.

i am not sure if PBO can work with c states though. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, Mnemonically_impared said:

and have pbo lower my frequency sub 2000Mhz

Your chip does this automatically. If you're relying on Task Manager to gauge idle clocks, it won't. Open HWiNFO's Sensors panel and look at the "Effective Clockspeed" section, or just use Ryzen Master. Both of these are going to give you accurate idle clocks.

image.png.c25d1da57ad5b0843a7cdcb6295952cc.png

Figured it out, 1800mhz when not in use but still PBO will boost to 4850mhz.

The reason as to why lower clocks is so that my CPU voltage goes down in Idle time, this also decreases my CPU wattage from +-40w to only +-7w