Sudden drop in FPS on games - Don't know where to start diagnosing/troubleshooting

So in the last couple of days, my games went from decent fps (80-100+) to barely 50fps. Titles such as Sons of The Forest, Star Citizen, Cities Skylines 2, all have dropped suddenly.

I've watched various monitoring while playing to see if anything stood out, and it doesn't seem that I'm running out of CPU, GPU or RAM. In fact it shows a pretty even balance of usage between cpu and gpu, rarely going over 40-60%, with temps never exceeding 45-55c.

Things Ive tried:
-Updated my drivers in geforce experience, rolled back, didn't help.
-Verified no major back ground processes are stealing resources

-Ensured my monitor refresh rate and res is correct

-Adjusted graphics up and down in each game with minimal results.
-Verified internet connection speeds multiple times ( +/- 900 up/down, fibre optic)

I'm not as tech savvy as I used to be, don't know what else to try or troubleshoot!

Could the recent couple of Windows updates messed with something? Please, be gentle lol.

Specs:

Microsoft Windows 11 Home

GPU:  Gigabyte RTX Eagle 4070 TI oc

Processor:    Intel 13th i7-13700KF

BIOS Version/Date:    American Megatrends International, LLC. H.90, 06-Nov-23

SMBIOS Version:    3.6

BaseBoard Product:    MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7D91)

BaseBoard Version:    4.0

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): Kingston Beast DDR5, 64.0 GB

Western Digital 2tb SSD
PSU: Corsair 1000w psu (gold)

11 minutes ago, DxD said:

So in the last couple of days, my games went from decent fps (80-100+) to barely 50fps. Titles such as Sons of The Forest, Star Citizen, Cities Skylines 2, all have dropped suddenly.

I've watched various monitoring while playing to see if anything stood out, and it doesn't seem that I'm running out of CPU, GPU or RAM. In fact it shows a pretty even balance of usage between cpu and gpu, rarely going over 40-60%, with temps never exceeding 45-55c.

Things Ive tried:
-Updated my drivers in geforce experience, rolled back, didn't help.
-Verified no major back ground processes are stealing resources

-Ensured my monitor refresh rate and res is correct

-Adjusted graphics up and down in each game with minimal results.
-Verified internet connection speeds multiple times ( +/- 900 up/down, fibre optic)

I'm not as tech savvy as I used to be, don't know what else to try or troubleshoot!

Could the recent couple of Windows updates messed with something? Please, be gentle lol.

Specs:

Microsoft Windows 11 Home

GPU:  Gigabyte RTX Eagle 4070 TI oc

Processor:    Intel 13th i7-13700KF

BIOS Version/Date:    American Megatrends International, LLC. H.90, 06-Nov-23

SMBIOS Version:    3.6

BaseBoard Product:    MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7D91)

BaseBoard Version:    4.0

Western Digital 2tb SSD
PSU: Corsair 1000w psu (gold)

Are there any background tasks taking up a lot of power? I found this to cause a lot of lag for me, where CPU usage in general will be low but some application will be using like 10W out of my laptop's 30W. Especially Utorrent for me, after I deleted a large file (40 GB) that I had downloaded from it, it kept trying to redownload it in the background, I realized this as my computer ran out of storage. Looked in task manager an it was in the dark red under power usage. Also had similar situation with lag.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

1 minute ago, Hellowpplz said:

Are there any background tasks taking up a lot of power? I found this to cause a lot of lag for me, where CPU usage in general will be low but some application will be using like 10W out of my laptop's 30W. Especially Utorrent for me, after I deleted a large file (40 GB) that I had downloaded from it, it kept trying to redownload it in the background, I realized this as my computer ran out of storage. Looked in task manager an it was in the dark red under power usage. Also had similar situation with lag.

No, First thing I thought was OBS was killing my frame rates (even though its never before), so I tested with OBS and streaming closed/off. Barely any change, maybe 1-3 fps. The rest of my system runs very slim when Im streaming.

Funny thing is up until last week, I had no issues, decent fps in all games, even during streaming. In fact Ive been quite happy with this build since I got it in Jan. Then POOF, just out of nowhere, fps has plummeted. temps are still well in range, usage percentage seems to be very low/moderate, nothing spiking....

sudden changes can mean problems from recent events,

any recent installs, updates, settings turned on/off?

25 minutes ago, DxD said:

-Updated my drivers in geforce experience, rolled back, didn't help

what about Intel's chipset drivers and Windows?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

26 minutes ago, DxD said:

How fast? if it's faster than 6000Mhz you could try disabling XMP or lowering the speeds,

you can easily check for potential faulty RAM stick by just running one than the other and seeing if one of them running alone fixes thing, even if it does might not be stick's issue.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

PCs I used before:

2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

2 minutes ago, podkall said:

How fast? if it's faster than 6000Mhz you could try disabling XMP or lowering the speeds,

Rams running fine, @2000mhz, and hardly spike in usage (64gigs)

4 minutes ago, podkall said:

sudden changes can mean problems from recent events,

any recent installs, updates, settings turned on/off?

what about Intel's chipset drivers and Windows?

Windows did some updates recently (this last week), so maybe? I cant find anything the update may have changed though. I guess that's the question, what should I be looking for, as the hardware all seems to be fine.

5 minutes ago, DxD said:

Rams running fine, @2000mhz, and hardly spike in usage (64gigs)

so they're advertised for 4000Mhz?

6 minutes ago, DxD said:

Windows did some updates recently (this last week), so maybe? I cant find anything the update may have changed though. I guess that's the question, what should I be looking for, as the hardware all seems to be fine.

might be able to rollback Windows install, not sure, if you want to check the physical PC, you can always try seeing if all the connections are nice and in, and nothing is loose, and you can try the RAM thing if you want

current PC:

PCs I used before:

18 hours ago, podkall said:

so they're advertised for 4000Mhz?

might be able to rollback Windows install, not sure, if you want to check the physical PC, you can always try seeing if all the connections are nice and in, and nothing is loose, and you can try the RAM thing if you want

Sorry idle at 2000. I'm quite certain this isn't a hardware issue.