Player tricks 3,500+ hackers into getting banned in CS:GO

Bouzoo

Counter-Strike-Global-Offensive-Logo.jpg

Almost everyone that plays multiplayer games has encounter a hacker, and no game is notorious for that as CS:GO. Hacking even goes up to Pro League about which we've all seen quite a lot in the last few months. Luckily one player decided it's time to take the matter in his own hands, so he created hacks of his own. What those hacks did is ensured that people using them got VAC banned, among few other things that are not the point of this post. He is not the first one to do that, he admits he was insipred by another player that did the same thing, but this one had a much bigger impact. 

It would be best to read what he wrote:

Over the course of two weeks I've released three different fake "multihacks". Essentially they edit your view angles to those that should be impossible to get and constantly gives infinite ammo/health. The hacks also do a few other things that ensure a VAC ban would be received.

The first two releases had a "timer" in them which meant the features that instantly VAC banned them would only be activated after a certain time (e.g. 10 PM on the day after the release)... the final hack (with over 3.5k downloads) just instantly VAC bans them as soon as they open the hack and join a game.

In total, my fake hacks received 26,000+ views and 5,500+ downloads!

I didn't have time to screenshot all the responses (most of them were deleted by moderators before I could screenshot) but you can see them complaining here: http://imgur.com/a/zgpi7

Here are some statistics for the banshttp://i.imgur.com/91JFBK7.png

The first release received approximately 1k downloads, which contributed to the bans for those two days. The second release received approximately 1k downloads too which contributed to stopping the downwards trends on the number of bans received.

The third release received 3.5k+ downloads which had a very noticeable affect on bans for the following week (this one instantly banned them as soon as it was opened, 3,500+ downloads = 3,500+ bans).

This guy is just great. He is, period. I'll admit, I don't play CS:GO, never did, but can't say I didn't encounter few hackers in older CoD games so this brings a form of satisfaction to me. Especially when hackers are angry at this guy for tricking them. You can see their posts here.

My personal favorite:

Spoiler

XMRy143.png

Source

His Reddit post

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Rekt, that's all i can say. And more money for valve because probably most of them will get it again :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

i bloody love this guy but the game is so cheap at times that it wont make a dent unfortunately. 

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

9 minutes ago, Slyhawk said:

i bloody love this guy but the game is so cheap at times that it wont make a dent unfortunately. 

I'd say it's more about the principle and the message that comes with it.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

ahahahahha, this is awesome! :D:D:D:D

RIPPED IN PEPPERONIES HACKERS.

Edit:

3500acc * 7€/game

= 24500€ for Valve lelelel.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

So funny. xD

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Those poor souls complaining about getting vac banned... for doing something they shouldn't be doing in the first place. Valve should have better ways to make sure those scums don't come back at the next sale...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Next week Valve will put CSGO on 50% sale like they always do and all those hackers will be back along with a bunch of high skill players playing in the low/medium skill ranks on smurf accounts.

These kind of situations are a good place for subscriptions.  Just make it cheap, like $2 a month.  And then provide an option to play on subscriber only servers.  And, after you have been a subscriber for a certain amount of time (say 6 months), you can play in the long term sub servers.  This would keep people from cheating and acting maliciously if they wanted to stay in the sub group.

I would also love it if they would offer an option for region/country locked servers.  Tired of playing games (not just CS) with people that don't speak the same language, though I experience this is mostly with mobas.  But that is a separate issue.

Glorious. Pure gold.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

On Thursday, February 04, 2016 at 7:26 PM, TetraSky said:

Those poor souls complaining about getting vac banned... for doing something they shouldn't be doing in the first place. Valve should have better ways to make sure those scums don't come back at the next sale...

Lol why? Most companies will allow you to get a new one regardless of what happened to the last account. Profit is profit. Unless of course, it's a dying company that they almost rely on the bots/cheats to generate more userbase/subscription and profit, then most likely they'll ignore those accounts. I'm looking at multiple twitch streamers that bot i.e blizzard games. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

The only bad part is that these people can get a new account.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 hours ago, ChineseChef said:

These kind of situations are a good place for subscriptions.  Just make it cheap, like $2 a month.  And then provide an option to play on subscriber only servers.  And, after you have been a subscriber for a certain amount of time (say 6 months), you can play in the long term sub servers.  This would keep people from cheating and acting maliciously if they wanted to stay in the sub group.

I would also love it if they would offer an option for region/country locked servers.  Tired of playing games (not just CS) with people that don't speak the same language, though I experience this is mostly with mobas.  But that is a separate issue.

lol ... do you even know how much those assholes are paying for their hacks?

$2 a month won't change ANYTHING.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

7 hours ago, MrSuperb said:

lol ... do you even know how much those assholes are paying for their hacks?

$2 a month won't change ANYTHING.

The point isn't to prevent them from getting hacks.  It is to create an area where only "long time" players can play.  This means you would have to go longer without getting caught if you want to keep hacking and playing in the "subscriber" area.  For an extreme example, imagine if you had to put in some kind of passport/drivers license/gov't ID number to be able to play the game.  In this extreme example, if you got your number banned, you don't get to play anymore.  Even if you can easily afford another copy of the game, you can't just get a new ID number. 

Now, I am completely against using a gov't ID number, but the point is the same.  By paying a sub, you get to play with other who have subbed, and once you have subbed long enough, you get to a "longer term" tier of players.  This means that if you play in long term groups, you are only playing with others who don't cheat or act like asshats.  Granted, some idiots will still be around, but it would be much less common.

dont understand why people cheat... it's cool for 2 minutes and then after that its boring. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Not really going to do anything, the game is so cheap, so the hackers will just come back

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

This is cool. I hope this happens to the people who do this in pro league. 

On 6. Februar 2016 at 5:04 PM, ChineseChef said:

The point isn't to prevent them from getting hacks.  It is to create an area where only "long time" players can play.  This means you would have to go longer without getting caught if you want to keep hacking and playing in the "subscriber" area.  For an extreme example, imagine if you had to put in some kind of passport/drivers license/gov't ID number to be able to play the game.  In this extreme example, if you got your number banned, you don't get to play anymore.  Even if you can easily afford another copy of the game, you can't just get a new ID number. 

Now, I am completely against using a gov't ID number, but the point is the same.  By paying a sub, you get to play with other who have subbed, and once you have subbed long enough, you get to a "longer term" tier of players.  This means that if you play in long term groups, you are only playing with others who don't cheat or act like asshats.  Granted, some idiots will still be around, but it would be much less common.

cs von already already does that with it's ranking system. But don't be fooled that cheaters all use new accounts. Their many many players banned each week with 1000s of hours of game time and quite expensive inventories.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The hero we didn't know we wanted :D

I gave up on CS GO after constantly dealing with trolls and hackers. Despite my love of the game and my first PC gaming exp being on 1.6, I just couldn't take it. I play games to unwind and relax after a hard day not to get annoyed at cunt-sniff cheats! (I get frustrated when losing and stuff but its the fun competitive type of anger, not the same).

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

take it hackers hahahah

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

Ahh reminds me of that batman hack. Where game developers purposely implemented into the game, that when you use a cheat/hack batman can't open its wings and falls to death.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Great that he took care of the hackers for the community. Hopefully those morons learn their lessons. Or does creating a new account really get around the ban? I thought VAC bans were on IP? :o

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |