AMD accuses BAPCo and Intel of cheating with Sysmark benchmarks

And while you're right, you're also wrong.

Also, to the common consumer, if this is true, this is a PR attack against Amd as a brand more than fx performance

AMD is banking on Zen, if the average consumer associated amd the brand with bad performance then the average consumer wont have much faith in Zen.

If this is true it could be an preemtive strike from Intel

If it turns out that Sysmark is rigged, does this mean Intel is actually afraid of the Zen architecture?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Well, Intel has done this kind of shit before. I wouldn't put it past them to do it again...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

AMD, what are you doing?

AMD what the heck?

They may just be calling out intel on their bullshit... I don't know if their accusations are true, but it wouldn't be the first time this happens. Remember the 15$ for the pentium 4s?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If it turns out that Sysmark is rigged, does this mean Intel is actually afraid of the Zen architecture?

Maybe, or maybe they want to jack up their prices on mobile platrorms - after all who'd pay an extra 50% if the performance difference was only 10%? (just hypothetically of course)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Maybe, or maybe they want to jack up their prices on mobile platrorms - after all who'd pay an extra 50% if the performance difference was only 10%? (just hypothetically of course)

Probably.

But honestly, I think it might be AMD just complaining. Although Intel rigging Sysmark is definitely not out of the question.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Probably.

But honestly, I think it might be AMD just complaining. Although Intel rigging Sysmark is definitely not out of the question.

Could be either way, but at the same time AMD doesn't really have anything to gain from throwing out baseless accusations

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

AMD doesn't really have anything to gain from throwing out baseless accusations

let's imagine this scenario when Zen arrives

1st benchmarks will pop on the internets and people will be like "meh .. I though it would do better"

AMD will soon reply with "we told you months ago benchmarks aren't to be trusted"

AMD's fanboys will be like "fck Intel, fck nVidia, gonna' buy AMD" - AMD knows exactly what and how their fan base thinks

Would they do it the second time? 

Well over 2 times, Intel has a decently dark past. :P 

In a video encode or a game though? Hell yes it matters. "

See now those types of benchmarks I can trust. Sysmark I really have never heard of it and I won't pay attention to those. Cinebench in my opinion can either be synthetic or realistic (depending on what you're going to be using your rig for). To me Cinebench is realistic because I do rendering in 3ds Max as well as game (Though I don't know how well Cinema 4D renders compared to 3ds Max using similar renderers)

If all of you don't know much about Cinebench, it's based off of the 3D animation and modeling software Cinema 4D. I have used Cinema 4D in the past, on an iMac though.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Which is sort of the point.

In Cinebench we can prove Haswell is about 70%faster core vs core. In games that advantage shrinks to around 30%.

Games are were we want the cpu to perform, so why doesn't the synthetic benchmark try to replicate those types of workload??

Instead the workload is geared more towards highly optimized specialized tasks that the given consumer product likely never will be doing in day to day life.

So why is it that these highly unrealistic tests are the ones we see marketed???

Because they show clear winners and losers.

Because of this the average consumer is steered away from secondary decision factors such as price to performance, features etc...

The tests just show a black and white result in an otherwise grey setting

I just use PEST anyway, it seems to be more accurate than some of the benchmarks around and it is quite easy to compare against a very large amount of computers owned by others, and even with hardware you might be looking to buy. And I'll be blunt. At the moment AMD does not have a good price/performance ratio and their CPU are lacking features found on newer chips.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Could be either way, but at the same time AMD doesn't really have anything to gain from throwing out baseless accusations

Oh please, in this day and age playing the victim sells even if you're lying. Simply ask Richard Huddy.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Doubtful, intel generally lets amd rise back again before beating them down again, they can't simply let amd die with out a buyer lined up for amd otherwise the would have anti trust laws looming overhead, this likely has nothing to do with intel directly, amd's chips likely just don't perform well in the test because it isn't designed similarly to video editing with is one of their chips only strengths, who know really, I'm under the opinion of this is a boy who cried wolf scenario, as that has happened before.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Oh please, in this day and age playing the victim sells even if you're lying. Simply ask Richard Huddy.

Which is sad. I really don't like AMD as a company based off of their attitude and given history of over-hyping and under-delivering. Also have you seen any of their ads? Oh hell it really makes me not want to buy their products, even though they do make good products. I'm not lying about that last part, they have put some good products.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Well over 2 times, Intel has a decently dark past. :P

AMD has also played a fake victim before, honestly intel has less to gain from these tests than amd has from crying wolf, because regardless intel will remain afloat, also amd need to keep living for intel to stay as a single entity, they are holding back for that purpose so currently undermining them is counter productive. Regardless none of these companies play nicely with each other.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

let's imagine this scenario when Zen arrives

1st benchmarks will pop on the internets and people will be like "meh .. I though it would do better"

AMD will soon reply with "we told you months ago benchmarks aren't to be trusted"

AMD's fanboys will be like "fck Intel, fck nVidia, gonna' buy AMD" - AMD knows exactly what and how their fan base thinks

Except AMD doesn't have the leading marketshare... it's a niche product and their fans are mostly a niche of enthusiasts who generally know what they're talking about. Besides they're going after a precise benchmark, not all of them. In the end games (which are mainly what amd is currently behind in) have their own benchmarks and rigged or not, performance in them can be fairly accurately measured.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

AMD has also played a fake victim before, honestly intel has less to gain from these tests than amd has from crying wolf, because regardless intel will remain afloat, also amd need to keep living for intel to stay as a single entity, they are holding back for that purpose so currently undermining them is counter productive. Regardless none of these companies play nicely with each other.

I don't care about anybody playing victim :P I was talking about Intel malpractice. soo mmmm mkkkkkkkk

Right, now all accusations are playing victim and trying to get attention, regardless of how many times the other party has been proven guilty of similar actions.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Except AMD doesn't have the leading marketshare... it's a niche product and their fans are mostly a niche of enthusiasts who generally know what they're talking about. Besides they're going after a precise benchmark, not all of them. In the end games (which are mainly what amd is currently behind in) have their own benchmarks and rigged or not, performance in them can be fairly accurately measured.

this is precisely why are they doing it; if Zen turns out to be meh, their already dwindling market share will get even smaller

they're going after BAPCo because AMD has huge issues in the business/enterprise sector - no one is taking them seriously

do you recall a company called SeaMicro?

well, AMD brought them back in 2012 to allow them to penetrate dense mico-server market

fast forward to 2015 - AMD announces it's exit from said market  :lol:

and the latest development with their ARM based Opterons ...

stop-hitting-yourself.gif

Or, you know, Sarah Sharp.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Huh? When and what was this?

I think he means Feminist Frequency.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

this is precisely why are they doing it; if Zen turns out to be meh, their already dwindling market share will get even smaller

they're going after BAPCo because AMD has huge issues in the business/enterprise sector - no one is taking them seriously

do you recall a company called SeaMicro?

well, AMD brought them back in 2012 to allow them to penetrate dense mico-server market

fast forward to 2015 - AMD announces it's exit from said market :lol:

and the latest development with their ARM based Opterons ...

Why do you hate AMD so much?

Or, you know, Sarah Sharp.

Is she the one who got flammed for doing stupid things then "stood against cyber bullies" ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Is she the one who got flammed for doing stupid things then "stood against cyber bullies" ?

If you're talking about this, then yes.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.