AMD accuses BAPCo and Intel of cheating with Sysmark benchmarks

No, because it is desperate to go for these tactics. Regardless of which brand is doing it.

Is it though? If there was a Mustang VS Camaro head to head and the people sponsoring the video decided to only do tests to emphasize the strengths of the Mustang would it be unreasonable for Chevy to speak out on the matter?

That's an extreme example but if this benchmark truly is bias towards intel CPU's then it only seems logical to let people know. We should look into the matter for ourselves rather than posting unfounded comments calling it desperate bull shit but that's just my opinion.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Is it though? If there was a Mustang VS Camaro head to head and the people sponsoring the video decided to only do tests to emphasize the strengths of the Mustang would it be unreasonable for Chevy to speak out on the matter?

That's an extreme example but if this benchmark truly is bias towards intel CPU's then it only seems logical to let people know. We should look into the matter for ourselves rather than posting unfounded comments calling it desperate bull shit but that's just my opinion.

Look at it this way, Intel doesn't need to cheat in a benchmark to have a system with their CPU outperform by a large margin AMD CPU from the same price bracket.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Look at it this way, Intel doesn't need to cheat in a benchmark to have a system with their CPU outperform by a large margin AMD CPU from the same price bracket.

Are you're implying that they didn't cheat because of that reason? Or are you just saying that they don't need to?

If there's a benchmark that is bias towards intel's CPU's whether it's intentional or not it needs to be addressed if people are using it as a tool to directly compare one CPU to another. That's all it really comes down to.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Are you implying that they didn't cheat because of that reason? Or are you just saying that they don't need to?

If there's a benchmark that is bias towards intel's CPU's whether it's intentional or not it needs to be addressed if people are using it as a tool to directly compare one CPU to another. That's all it really comes down to.

You missed the point. AMD is just crying wolf because of their CPU sucking ass. AMD is only complaining because they want to try and improve the image of their current CPU before they release Zen. And that's not going to happen when a 2011 Phenom II N970 barely beats (read-with in margin of error) a 2011 i5 540m multithreaded, and gets creamed single threaded. And remember-that's in all tasks.

Unsurprisingly, five years later, AMD’s complaints are the same. In the company’s video, Hampton says: “There is an excessive amount of high CPU tasking being done (in SYSMark). That is, the benchmark is really only evaluating the CPU side of the system.”

AMD is just crying because they've been making shit CPU. They know that their CPU are shit but don't want customers to see that fact.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Are you're implying that they didn't cheat because of that reason? Or are you just saying that they don't need to?

I somewhat agree with your argument there.

A better example would probably be...a game of NFL football (or Hockey for us Canadians  :D ).

The referee / linesman is just throwing random penalties towards one specific team.

Uhh...yep 1st down? Nope 3rd down now. Ehh...false start, back 5 yards...another 5 yards back...touchdown didn't count; redo.

I don't think they can blame Intel directly until there is more evidence to support the claim. Heck, it may not even be Intel's fault -- but purely BAPCo instead.

Remember, AMD can't die -- Intel won't let them.

Intel owns x86, but AMD owns x64.

x64 needs x86 and vice-versa...hence why x86-64 is shared between both Intel and AMD.

If AMD dies...well your "Skylake-E" i7-6950X will have to be a 32-bit CPU.

This is why there was that talk about the "agreement" between Intel and AMD over the summer. If AMD does fall, and get bought up by...IBM (or whoever), their current x86-x64 "agreement" immediately becomes void. If this happens, AMD's graphics department will continue to live...as a separate entity -- 'Radeon Technologies Group'

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Or they're just calling out Sysmark for their benchmark being bias towards intel? If that's the case then it could be problematic for their new CPU release but if not then feel free to speak up and let us know.

It's very unlikely to be true, AMD CPUs are worse in all benchmarks compared to their closest Intel competitors. There would be zero reason for intel to cheat on one benchmark. This is just AMD clutching at straws. Their CPU market is dying due to their poor performance and terrible management.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

So AMD are babies even thought 10 of your fellow citizens found them guilty before? AMD who has has been abused in this way before is wrong to be concerned that it will continue now? Please don't be dumb to think that Intel will not do whatever they can to WIN at all costs a fine of a billion dollars means nothing to Intel if the kill AMD.

"Please don't be dumb to think that Intel will not do whatever they can to WIN at all costs " WTF you talking about they are already winning.

Zen is already a disappointment. Its stated to be on Haswell level not even skylake so it's coming in with an L. 

That's not the point of Zen. AMD knows that, Intel knows that.

It's supposed to be an alternative to Intel's offerings while also making AMD somewhat relevant again in the CPU market. I'd expect prices to lower when Zen hits and some competition.

I'd take Zen over Bulldozer any day of the week if it was on par with Haswell.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

You missed the point. AMD is just crying wolf because of their CPU sucking ass. AMD is only complaining because they want to try and improve the image of their current CPU before they release Zen. And that's not going to happen when a 2011 Phenom II N970 barely beats (read-with in margin of error) a 2011 i5 540m multithreaded, and gets creamed single threaded. And remember-that's in all tasks.

AMD is just crying because they've been making shit CPU. They know that their CPU are shit but don't want customers to see that fact.

Dude when AMD don't even use their own CPU's to test their high end GPU's, That in itself tells me it sucks & they know it sucks. also project spartan an AMD product uses a 4790K.

This has been going on for years and its totally true,The FTC even backed AMD up.

So,its not "what the hell AMD?".......More like " What the hell,you fools have only just picked up on this....."

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

It's supposed to be an alternative to Intel's offerings while also making AMD somewhat relevant again in the CPU market. I'd expect prices to lower when Zen hits and some competition.

lower prices when AMD CEO came out & said we are tired of being know as the cheaper solution. she didn't say cheaper & better solution. 

lower prices when AMD CEO came out & said we are tired of being know as the cheaper solution. she didn't say cheaper & better solution. 

Competition is going to be a large factor and prices will be affected. For once, Intel is not going to have a virtual monopoly if Zen actually turns out to be decent.

Never said they were going to be the better solution. Intel and AMD both know that.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

pretty sure everyone knew that Zen will not top Intel's offering. it would be quite a feat if they actually do. 

Being relevant =/= top tier

Having a Zen cpu with say an i5 haswell level of performance at a reasonable pricing will make AMD somewhat relevant again. 

With maybe a higher tier cpu to compete with the i7s and extreme editions but frankly those will not likely beat out intel's offering. 

Pretty sure AMD is not thinking of turning around their company image with a single architecture release. It will just be the first step.

In my mind what's important is to become relevant once again and gain back some market share, then the pricing war can start.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

pretty sure everyone knew that Zen will not top Intel's offering. it would be quite a feat if they actually do. 

Being relevant =/= top tier

Having a Zen cpu with say an i5 haswell level of performance at a reasonable pricing will make AMD somewhat relevant again. 

With maybe a higher tier cpu to compete with the i7s and extreme editions but frankly those will not likely beat out intel's offering. 

Pretty sure AMD is not thinking of turning around their company image with a single architecture release. It will just be the first step.

In my mind what's important is to become relevant once again and gain back some market share, then the pricing war can start.

& all Intel got to do is lower the price of the haswell CPU's and maybe skylake as well making zen useless along with making AMD irrelevant again. I don't want haswell level AMD cpu's i want better than skylake. AMD need to be aiming better not 1 or 2 step behind.

& all Intel got to do is lower the price of the haswell CPU's and maybe skylake as well making zen useless along with making AMD irrelevant again. I don't want haswell level AMD cpu's i want better than skylake. AMD need to be aiming better not 1 or 2 step behind.

Let's be realistic. AMD isn't going to be suddenly better than Intel.

I doubt Intel would try to make Zen irrelevant straight from the get-go. If Intel's going to lower prices, AMD's gotta lower prices. It's about competition, not trying to kill AMD off.

Plus, Intel still dominates the high-end range for now. Zen is all about making AMD relevant.

Spoiler

If Zen has Haswell performance it will only be relevant if it's significantly cheaper than Skylake. 

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

asking AMD to do such a leap is pretty much impossible with 1 iteration.

Its a new architecture and catching up to haswell level is already pretty decent in my mind. sure they still got a long ways to go, but they can't just flip the table like that.

Lets be honest here, how much of a real noticeable difference is haswell vs skylake anyway? Its there but its not like the early days anymore. Marginal improvements per generation. Even a sandy bridge cpu is still pretty relevant today. Heck i'm still using my i7-965ee.

We gotta be realistic here, if you expect that much you will just be disappointed. Pretty sure Intel could've squished AMD anytime they wanted to in the past few years, but they dont want to do that.  

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

If Zen has Haswell performance it will only be relevant if it's significantly cheaper than Skylake. 

The performance difference between the two is pretty minimal. If AMD can match Haswell and sell it around that price, that's enough for me. Plus, Zen has DDR4 whereas Haswell doesn't.

Spoiler

Cinebench? Video rendering?

Pretty sure a 2600k is faster at those than an 8350

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

this is precisely why are they doing it; if Zen turns out to be meh, their already dwindling market share will get even smaller

they're going after BAPCo because AMD has huge issues in the business/enterprise sector - no one is taking them seriously

do you recall a company called SeaMicro?

well, AMD brought them back in 2012 to allow them to penetrate dense mico-server market

fast forward to 2015 - AMD announces it's exit from said market  :lol:

and the latest development with their ARM based Opterons ...

stop-hitting-yourself.gif

again, who says they aren't right?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yet Another Car Analogy (YACA). 

And somewhat yes, many programms still benefit from single threaded performance. Mainly the programms people use alot. Like Office, Browsers, games, photoshop...etc.

So it's not unfair to make your test emphasise this. Now I don't know the inner workings of PCmark, but I damn well know I have never based my decision on that benchmark. And I don't know anyone who ever will..

So it's just another smearcampaign. Like someone else already mentioned, they're trying to create an enviroment before they release Zen. Trying to get emotional purchases out of people, and I don't blame them because rational-choice never buys you AMD's products. I'm sorry, but it's true. In every aspect they're objectively worse, AMD only mangages to trade blows in a few area's.

This is just like EA going "yea we screwed up on Battlefield 4" JUST before releasing hardline. Scoring karmapoints to get people to buy their new product.

Oh my God, really? AMD has lied through their teeth before. I want solid proof and Richard Huddy 10 miles from the scene before I believe a word of this. BAPCo prides itself on its integrity; and for all of Intel's influence, there are (iirc) 9 other members? AMD is using Intel's guilt under Otellini against them. Kirzanich is nothing like him, but victimhood sells. Proof or go home. AMD should put its money where it's mouth is and sue. Otherwise there is 0 reason to believe them outside independent review.

Uh... intel has lied through their teeth before too... in fact they have lied about very similar things to what they're being accused of right now. Of course I don't know if it's true or not, but just dismissing it as amd "playing victim" is unfair. As for a lawsuit, maybe that will come, but remember the pentium 4 lawsuit? Amd doesn't really have the money to engage in a 12 year suit with intel.

What I find irritating is that you KNOW if this was intel accusing amd everyone would be jumping at amd's throat with no proof.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's supposed to be an alternative to Intel's offerings

AMD has't been an alternative since god knows when

and BAPCo's Sysmark is not a consumer grade benchmark, it aimed at enterprise clients - market sector where AMD lost big time

how can AMD still claim to be taken seriously when they show systems with Intel CPUs, remember that Project Quantum at E3 last year? it used a Intel platform: https://www.techpowerup.com/213682/amd-doesnt-trust-its-own-processors-project-quantum-driven-by-intel-core-i7-4790k.html