iBUYPOWER made a pc case (revolt 2)

CtW

Sauce: http://www.ibuypower.com/Product/Revolt2

It seems that iBUYPOWER has made a pc case that can be purchased on its own. They aren't the first system integrator to do this (Origin Millenium/Genesis and the Puget fish tanks) but are probably the first to sell one in a non-limited production run (iirc the Origin cases were limited to 400 units) 

img-3.jpg

As you can see, it is a small form factor chassis with a big emphasis on the appearance of the build. It features the GPU and SSD pretty prominently with RGB LEDs controlled by their own software/controller.

img-2.jpg

AS we can see, the case doesn't use any riser cables to achieve the look of where the gpu is, but as a result has a really strange and inefficient internal layout. Also, I can't spot for the life of me where the PSU goes, unless it goes on top of the motherboard, which is a strong possibility

3ff557fe933fad0be942220b9ad11f49.png

While this thing does look really cool, I'm not sold on the case. It doesnt look like it will be that nice to build in and is sacrificing function for form. it is definitely interesting though and I cant wait to see the reviews of the thing.

Where does the PSU go?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

The only thing I would buy from iBP. oh how I cringe at their prebuilts with 6600ks and 950s. or calling a pc with a 6300 and a r7 240 "gaming pcs".

What...

Um...

Ugly? 

I don't know what to think...

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

pretty unique. RIP Puget fish tanks.

I don't really know how to think about this

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Huh... I actually don't mind it, but where does the PSU go?? It goes right above the motherboard, there is a picture of it on the product page

Looks like a bread maker

Yeah the psu goes above the motherboard. I see no problem with this layout. If the gpu fan spins, it will suck the air in an exhaust it through the back no matter what. Normal Atx build is more inefficient than this. 

Looks like a bread maker

or a kneeling toaster

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Oh good, another fugly case for the fugly case market.

HOLY BANANA PANTS BATMAN! I could put my PC build in a vacuum!?!? :D

nah that shit is ugly >_> lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

edit:

its-something.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Gave me cancer would not use this case to wipe my ass 10/10

(Even if I could I still wouldn't) 

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 5800x | Noctua NHD-15 | Radeon RX 6800 | 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite |
Laptop: Thinkpad T14 Gen 3 | Ryzen 5 Pro 6650U

@Tagiau did. 

I need to read.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I have never been a fan of small cases or cases with to much fancy lighting. This case looks like both of those things. IMO a real PC fan uses a nice toned down case like the 900D.

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

a real PC fan

*anyone with taste 

I like it as a niche case sort of thing. Depending on how your living room looks, could make a good living room PC, like with Steam OS and all that jazz. I could totally see that case/PC living in our living room and playing games on the big screen.

COMIC SANS

Dear lord that is hideous. Doesn't look too good for GPU cooling either, I think there is a good reason why they used a rear exhausting reference card.

40L in volume, still calls it an ITX case. Yeah... No thank you.

On a side note; Where is the PSU? Even on the official site, i see no PSU specifications or pictures of any PSU in it. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

40L in volume, still calls it an ITX case. Yeah... No thank you.

On a side note; Where is the PSU? Even on the official site, i see no PSU specifications or pictures of any PSU in it. 

Do they even mention a power brick?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL