Nvidia Unveils Pascal Gpu: 16gb Of Memory, 1tb/s Bandwidth

Pugs501

Might actually be the overclockers dream now. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'm gunna laugh when this thing is like 10 grand.

Well of course its gonna be expensive. It's not a consumer product.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Might buy a pascal 1070 after all. AMD Sorry but NVIDIA saw your numbers and now they're fighting back.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

nVidia, all your Pascals are belong to me!!!! Hoping this can drive 4K at good FPS. Might make it a worthy upgrade over 1440p.

And did I see FIRST QTR 2016? :o

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

7xx series to pascal is a lot better than 6xx series to 9xx.

I can buy a 4k monitor at the end the year then hit up a pascal gpu sometime after that.

Also if he was saying 10X performance it might be like 3 gen pascal before we get a full fledge chip.

cannot wait to see benchmarks of the next gaming GPU's :D

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

If they have K|ngp|n's out next year I'd take two! Hopefully they have new cables to support better 4k monitors next year.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Might buy a pascal 1070 after all. AMD Sorry but NVIDIA saw your numbers and now they're fighting back.

Actually Maxwell was an anomaly, I think only the Titan for a while then the 1080 will feature pascal and all others will be maxwell rebrand like 1070 = 980 and such.

-------

Current Rig

-------

looks like i might get a powerful system w/o gpu at first then get a pascal gpu when it comes out

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Actually Maxwell was an anomaly, I think only the Titan for a while then the 1080 will feature pascal and all others will be maxwell rebrand like 1070 = 980 and such.

Wait what! Damn you Nvidia! Damn you! Time to wait for R9 490X.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I just want a 32" 4k, G-Sync OLED monitor.  That.. -that- would be AMAZING.

same except Freesync and 100hz at least

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Who has better drivers?

AMD still does not.

Intel...  If you are able to use this then a GPU doesn't matter...

I'm curious.

From my experience AMD has had better general drivers over Nvidia. Their drivers have been good for a little bit now. I constantly have problems with Nvidia's drivers.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Wow, 1H 2016 for Pascal? So maybe they actually can release another Titan in February? I wouldn't expect reasonable Pascal GPUs until a few months after, but damn I hope they have a Pascal 70 series card that smashes the 970 for $450 or less by the end of next year. I bought my 970 with the expectation of using it three years, but I'll trim a year off that if Nvidia or AMD can launch a major upgrade for similar money as I paid for my 970. If @Misanthrope is right and they refresh Maxwell except at the high end that could really cost them, as I can't imagine AMD can afford to push Hawaii out for a third series of cards in that $300-$500 price bracket. So I'm guessing at least one of Nvidia and AMD will have something really major in that price bracket in time for the Christmas 2016 shopping season. Well, unless AMD falls on their face on the node shrink, that would royally suck.

I'm gonna sell my 980 if these perform good.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

16 GB of memory. That is gonna be more then enough for many, many years. I have a feeling those cards will be outdated before we'll able to utilize all of them GB's.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I can see two 1080's or 1080ti's lasting a loooooong time.  Hopefully they ditch the SLI-Bridge.

Would still not buy because of horrible drivers.

What on earth are you talking about. Then you will never buy any video card, the drivers are not awful, they are bad for new games, but they are fixed within weeks.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Just to be clear these cards are Tesla and Quadro cards, not consumer cards. I doubt we will see 16GB consumer cards (other than maybe a Titan). Most will probably be 8GB for high end and maybe 6 or 4 GB for low end.

Pascal (nvidia) and Arctic Island (AMD) should launch at about the same time. If Pascal's time limit on professional cards are H1, then gaming cards should launch from both around summer or fall.

Either way 16nm FF will be such a treat. Either we will see very cool cards or cards running very high speeds. Maybe a little of both. 2016 will still be one of the most interesting years in computers ever.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

What on earth are you talking about. Then you will never buy any video card, the drivers are not awful, they are bad for new games, but they are fixed within weeks.

I've had multidisplay driver issues FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER.

In a few weeks my ass. Forum is too quick to defend Nvidia.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

16 GB of memory. That is gonna be more then enough for many, many years. I have a feeling those cards will be outdated before we'll able to utilize all of them GB's.

But it seems this generation will be a MASSIVE performance boost, 28nm was holding the gpus back.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I think it's reached the point to where the end user needs to be able to replace ( bad ) ram chips on a graphics cards.

Just to be clear these cards are Tesla and Quadro cards, not consumer cards. I doubt we will see 16GB consumer cards (other than maybe a Titan). Most will probably be 8GB for high end and maybe 6 or 4 GB for low end.

Pascal (nvidia) and Arctic Island (AMD) should launch at about the same time. If Pascal's time limit on professional cards are H1, then gaming cards should launch from both around summer or fall.

Either way 16nm FF will be such a treat. Either we will see very cool cards or cards running very high speeds. Maybe a little of both. 2016 will still be one of the most interesting years in computers ever.

I dont think they will be cooler, lower process nodes run hotter (smaller surface area) and they cram in more shit, so more heat generated. They may be more efficient, but effient doees not always mean cool.

I've had multidisplay driver issues FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER.

In a few weeks my ass. Forum is too quick to defend Nvidia.

Im not defending nvidia, your running a setup that is very niche, they have to fix isssues that EVERYONE has not just a small percentage of users. 

how long should i expect to wait for a ti or titan version of pascal anyone have any ideas 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/