PC keeps rebooting

Chancla

My computer keeps rebooting, it mostly happens when gaming, although it has happened when using skype or viewing videos on youtube. One time, I was navigating on chrome for a while, mostly youtube, in the mean time I launched a game (worlf of warcraft), which I let running in the background. After finishing my youtube time, I switched to the game window (fullscreen) and then the computer rebooted.

This has been happening a lot lately, I've tried disassembling the pc and assembling it back up but no luck, I've also tried uninstalling windows, going from windows 11 to windows 10 and still the same thing happens. I've also updated the BIOS to the latest version, but nothing seems to help.

Here's the PC spec:

- Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X

- Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI, BIOS Version: 2007

- Memory: DDR5 Gskill Trident Z 64GB (16x4) 6000 MHz, although reported to run at 3000 MHz by CPU-Z, Windows reports its speed at 6000 MHz

- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
- Cooler: AIO Corsair Elite H170i
- Storage: 1x Samsung 980 Pro 250GB (this is where windows lives), 1x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro. I also have 1x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB which I use for my linux system, that I run with this same hardware.

- PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-1000, 80 Plus Titanium. 1000W

I've tried updaing all drivers through device manager and windows update. Also went through each manufacturer's website to see if there were any updates. So everything should be using the latest

Here's a link to the last minidump that my PC created after the crash I described above. I also have a C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP that was created, but not sure if it is secure to upload it here.

Could be your power supply. Transient spikes will trip an 850w PSU with a 7900xt and a 13600k.

It’s not crazy to think that a 4090 and a 7950x will trip a 1000w power supply. If you gimp your cpu and/or GPU to reduce the power draw and you pc stops misbehaving, then you’ll have your answer.  Though, I wouldn’t expect that to be the problem if it also happens while not gaming.  If not, then keep looking for other problem. 

I've seen it happen also while booting up, where it starts the boot up process and in the middle of it it shuts down completely.

So it seems it was related to the RAM, pulled two sticks out and the PC wouldn't boot up, the MB would show Q code 00 and the boot process wouldn't finish. So I then inspected the serial numbers and discovered that they are almost the same but one set finishes in 21 and the other in 20, so I just plugged in the one set that ended in 20 and so far no crashes have happened, I suspect that the ram might have been wrongly positioned, instead of 1a 2a, 1b, 2b it was 1a 1b, 2a 2b. I haven't yet put in the rest of the ram, but I will test that soon.