Nvidia Unveils Pascal Gpu: 16gb Of Memory, 1tb/s Bandwidth

Pugs501

Im upgrading my GPU when pascal comes out.

I'll be fine for another 2-3 years I hope

Look at how big a bump GTX 680 at 28 nm was over GTX 580 at 40 nm.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1350?vs=1348

And the 680 wasn't even supposed to be the flagship, it was originally supposed to be the 670 Ti. You gotta think they were sitting on the 780/Titan since they could keep selling the 680 for $500, like they did with the 980 this generation. A true flagship to flagship comparison might be 580 vs the original Titan:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1350?vs=1060

So if past trends hold, Pascal could really be something huge.

We shall See, all I see is flare and bling on paper.

AMD didn't exactly blow minds with the fury cards.

At this point, I'm most interested in nVidia's naming scheme for Pascal and Volta. Oh and benchmarks too. Do they go 1000 series, or something totally different from before.

Nobody knows, hopefully they change it.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/16/nvidia_noaa/

"The US government's NOAA agency will build a new computer system boosted by 760 Nvidia Pascal GPUs, according to Ian Buck, the chip company's veep of accelerated computing and CUDA inventor. When will this machine go online? Well, to give you a clue, Pascal is not due to arrive until 2016."

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9791/nvidia-sc15-national-oceanic-and-atmospheric-administration-to-build-tesla-weather-research-cluster

"Along with touting the number of major HPC applications that are now GPU accelerated and the performance impact of that process, NVIDIA’s other major focus at SC15 is to announce their next US government contract win. This time the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is tapping NVIDIA to build a next-gen research cluster. The system, which doesn’t currently have a name, is on a smaller scale than the likes of Summit & Sierra, and will be comprised of 760 GPUs. The cluster will be operational next year, and giving the timing and the wording as a “next-generation” cluster, it’s reasonable to assume that this will be Pascal powered."

Thought that was kinda cool. nVidia tech making its way into major compute categories in tech, government, server, home use. Seems they're growing larger and larger every year. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

So 4k is def a thing next year?

4K will be "low settings" next year. :)

source pls

i want to see this

He just mentioned it on a stream once.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm still holding out for Arctic Islands to be better or at least for it to be on par with Pascal. 

Regardless I'd still rather buy a 390X because honestly the PPI of a 1440p screen at 25" to 27" is going to be high enough not to notice pixels and the 390X should be enough to run 1440p at high to ultra settings and maybe even with a little MSAA.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Ohhh mama

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

It's a shame Nvidia won't have much in the way of async compute capability until Volta, making some of that power largely unrealized in new APIs.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

calling it now, no ti variant. they'll rename it to p, so the 1080ti becomes the 1080p.

Oh no I will actually have to replace my 780ti haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

But it seems this generation will be a MASSIVE performance boost, 28nm was holding the gpus back.

Let's wait and see, it may not be that massive in the end. I hope it will be but don't expect 50% more fps in games

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Let's wait and see, it may not be that massive in the end. I hope it will be but don't expect 50% more fps in games

ha, your profile pic is surprisingly accurate (just add a 1)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

DSR is gonna be very interesting.

Even if you buy a solid 1440P monitor (like the PG279Q), the DSR will be your best friend with this kind of gpu.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Indeed. AMD tends to have the best 2D drivers, especially for multi monitor setups. I've never understood the hardware reviewers who has multi monitor setup using NVidia. Things like hydra vision and mixed resolution multi monitor setups just works on AMD no problems.

How often don't we hear these reviewers whine about their NVidia drivers sucking at just that?

Depends. 16nm is not just a node shrink, but also a completely new transistor design in FinFet. So if FF is twice as effective and the chips gets twice as many transistors it should ad up. If the transistors can run faster even, they we might see heat going down compared to performance even more. However I don't think FF is THAT effective, but we will see a huge boost none the less.

AMD's Arctic Island cards based on 16nm FF will also launch about the same time. Since NVidia is already getting rekt in almost all parts than the extreme highend, when we look at price to performance, then yes, they have a lot to fear. Why do you think they are so fixated on proprietary technology, that causes vendor lock in?

AMD's Arctic Island will match Pascal just fine, using same 16nm FF process and HBM2, which is 1024 GBps. I believe Arctic Island so far are 3 series of chips, each capable of being x and non x variant, so a max of 6 new cards (although we usually don't see x versions of all of them).

AMD's Arctic Island GPU's will be on the 14nm node and will contain around two billion more transistors.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Anyone has detail on pricing?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Would still not buy because of horrible drivers.

Both have drivers that take turns at being shitty so......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

no news here... they already presented the same info a year ago .... same shit ... HBM2, 1TB bandwidth, NVlink and thats it...... i am not to hyped about pascal... every new nvidia architecture  lasted for a year and then they killed it with drivers... same thing is going to happen with pascal...calling it ...

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Interesting. Take into account nvidia IS a micro transistor company so don't expect most of these numbers to be acurrate. I'm looking forward to seeing a big change in the GPU market.

- snip-

no news here... they already presented the same info a year ago .... same shit ... HBM2, 1TB bandwidth, NVlink and thats it...... i am not to hyped about pascal... every new nvidia architecture  lasted for a year and then they killed it with drivers... same thing is going to happen with pascal...calling it ...

Be careful - some people will beat you with a stick for those claims :P (I agree full-heartedly however)

Honestly - from the looks of it - the new Titan and 1080 will be HBM and Pascal - the 1070 likely GDDR5X and pascal and the rest will be Maxwell rebrands and Kepler rebrands (1060 = 980/970 (hopefully with 4GB :D) and 1050 = 970M(the 960 Ti we needed) with the 1040 = 760)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Am I the only one who thinks GTX 1050/1060/1070/1080 sounds a little ridiculous?

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fJLRWZ

Am I the only one who thinks GTX 1050/1060/1070/1080 sounds a little ridiculous?

Titan XYZ! :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6