(Rumour) - Zen chips have already been tested, met all expectation, no significant bottlenecks

Mr_Troll

Regarding Zen performance, a guy who worked for AMD (at least his linkedin profile says that) and who, as he claims, worked on designing L2 cache for Zen and K12 said that their focus was to be competitive against Intel. He no longer works there but apparently his old colleague who still works there said Zen chips have already been tested and so far "it has met all expectation" and they "haven't found any significant bottlenecks". Apparently they haven't finalized the specifications for the clocks and TDP, but their partners in server market are "very excited".

I would take this info with a grain of salt. Its not a trustworthy source but people that make these post look like they know something about CPU design. This thread is most likely going to get locked since its not really news. But it gives me hope that zen might become  good. More info in the source bellow.

Source : http://www.realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=154302&curpostid=154823

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

This sounds good but we need to find out if it is true.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Weren't there similar rumors for Bulldozer? And we all know how that train wreck ended.

@Arcanekitten The quote in your signature is literally invisible to Night Theme users, might want to remove the coloring on that text.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I hope its true!

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Hope this is true. Planning on zen for my next upgrade.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Wait, so are these going to be server parts that are redesigned for desktop use, again?

If this rumor is true then it might save AMD's CPU devision but if it's just a load of shit then I would say there cpu section will either collapse or be bought by someone else.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Eh, rumors are rumors. And if anything, AMD is a boss at starting hype with rumors.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Since it comes directly from a (supposed) amd employee I wouldn't give it too much weight, but if it's true, then awesome! hopefully amd can bring 6 and 8 core cpus to the mainstream, but this time with cores that are actually good.

Wait, so are these going to be server parts that are redesigned for desktop use, again?

...aren't all desktop cpus? It's not like intel isn't using basically the same architecture across all plaforms...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

optimists are mostly disappointed

pessimists are sometimes pleasantly surprised

at this point I'm pessimistic about this whole zen thing....

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Why not? Server parts are designed to perform well, use less power and last longer. And its cheaper for AMD to design a scalable architecture rather than make sever discrete architectures.

optimists are mostly disappointed

pessimists are sometimes pleasantly surprised

at this point I'm pessimistic about this whole zen thing....

Yeah. But we need to get behind AMD.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

No bottlenecks=sandybridge. That's not really anything to be proud of. 

Yeah. But we need to get behind AMD.

I'll buy zen if it's good, but I'm not volunteering to advertise or promote a product that doesn't exist yet

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

I'll buy zen if it's good, but I'm not volunteering to advertise or promote a product that doesn't exist yet

Im not saying that, Im saying get rid of the AMD is shit no matter what attitude. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Im not saying that, Im saying get rid of the AMD is shit no matter what attitude.

^ This

I hope to pick up some AMD chips when they come out :D

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It would be definitely good news but this is barely a rumour.

My moms brothers father that is grandfather to my grandson that is daughter to my uncle is working for AMD and he said that ZEN performs 11% better than Skylake in IPC dependand tasks.

I want to believe. I really do. At this point I have hope, but also nothing but rumors.

Come on AMD! You can do it!

(insert Waterboy gif here)

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I sure hope the rumored specs are true. The chip market could use a real competition to lower prices. Daddy needs a 5960x.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I should make a Linkden say I work at a random company and say that we made the best CPU in the world that beats the 5960x and that it sells for 20$.

It'll have about as much evidence as these rumors...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

oh hai patrick... since you are here. with a source too.

@MageTank

PATRICK POSTED A LINK... we must write this down in the history-books.