Tesla's auto-pilot gets a speeding warning (not a ticket)

zMeul

the guy gets a speeding ticked for doing 75mph in 60 zone
the very interesting thing is, that although it's a BETA, "the car" detects the speed limit but doesn't enforce it - quite a big oversight

the other thing - I don't know the international legislation for driving, but here it's mandatory to have at least a hand on the steering at all times
as of right now, the auto-pilot testing is restricted to US only

The Delorean was never a good car, far from perfect. It was however ahead of its time, IMO the Model S/ the entity of Tesla is no different. In 20 years the narrators of some car top 100 cars of all times will say "wow, that car was way ahead of its time, too bad it had so many problems."   The Narrator then proceeds to drive to his flat in a electric BMW. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

The Delorean was never a good car, far from perfect. It was however ahead of its time, IMO the Model S/ the entity of Tesla is no different. In 20 years the narrators of some car top 100 cars of all times will say "wow, that car was way ahead of its time, too bad it had so many problems." 

But I don't get it, why make automated cars? If you're gonna drive, drive. If you wanna sit and do fuck all, take the bus.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I can't imagine how scary it must be to just sit in the driver seat and the car driving itself.

Looking forward to this technology progressing though.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

It makes me laugh because most places in the US where the speed limit is 60, 75 would be perfectly fine where it not for an arbitrarily set speed limit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The Delorean was never a good car, far from perfect. It was however ahead of its time, IMO the Model S/ the entity of Tesla is no different. In 20 years the narrators of some car top 100 cars of all times will say "wow, that car was way ahead of its time, too bad it had so many problems."   The Narrator then proceeds to drive to his flat in a electric BMW. 

The DMC12 was not ahead of its time lol, it looked good had nifty doors and was slow as a pig, weighed as much as a barge and was made with a missmash of outsourced parts,

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

The DMC12 was not ahead of its time lol, it looked good had nifty doors and was slow as a pig, weighed as much as a barge and was made with a missmash of outsourced parts,

Fibreglass and stainless steel body in the 70's, combined with futuristic styling  and an interior that came out of a 1990's BMW or a mid 80's porsche. Well some may say that is not unique and or back in day "new" tech but I would have to disagree. To be ahead of its time it does not have to perform, just do things differently. 

But I don't get it, why make automated cars? If you're gonna drive, drive. If you wanna sit and do fuck all, take the bus.

They don't make the features appeal to everyone. Just their target - Silicon Valleyer's or a regional equivalent, who thinks having all these cool advances features makes the price tag worthy - on top of it being electric. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

A bus can't take you anywhere anytime so..

A taxi can though

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

a taxi isn't really viable either. 

And why is that?

And why is that?

You have to order it, it is not always available ( think birth, accident not serious enough for ambulance but still a quick run to the hospital is needed )

A taxi is a lot more expensive, having to pay a driver who has to feed his family and pay his house etc.

A world where all cars are self driving is a lot safer than where only taxi drivers are present, atleast in the Netherlands where taxi drivers are total assholes and dangerous.

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Specs:
Screeninator: ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Powermathingy: Corsair AX760
Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Blue
Procrastinator: Intel i5 3570K (stock)
Holdametalicizor: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Noisoundacreator: Sennheiser HD 558
Attatchamajiggy: MSI Z77A-G45 (SUCKS)
Remembrerthing: 750GB Samsung 840 EVO (3x250GB)
Flat-Colorful-Thing: Iiyama craptron 2000
See-A-Move-O: Corsair M45
ButtonBoard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Browns)

Well I don't know how I feel about this, the driver should still watch for it and indeed the automated system shouldn't enforce speeds. If the speed limit is 60 and everyone is doing 65-70 then it is safer to be in the same speed then to slow down to 60. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

"driver gets towed"

"Car breaks out of prison and starts a hit and run spree"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well, I mean, the software hasn't been out for a week yet. It's learning, and if a traffic sign is slightly obscured or dirty the car simply won't recognize it.

But hey, the whole system is called "Autopilot", not "autonomous driving". You should be paying attention at all times, the Autopilot just helps you drive, just like how an autopilot on a plane helps the pilots fly it. It doesn't take over control of the jet, just like how in this case Autopilot doesn't take complete control of the car. Hell, the car even tells you to get ready to grab the wheel at all times when you enable the Autopilot system.

As for the ""the car" detects the speed limit but doesn't enforce it - quite a big oversight" bit: it does, but only if it can read the speed limit sign. If the car can't read it it isn't going to adjust the speed willy nilly because it "thinks" it's a 60 mph zone. That's up for the driver to decide. Again, driving aid, not driver replacement.

Ye ole' train

You have to order it, it is not always available ( think birth, accident not serious enough for ambulance but still a quick run to the hospital is needed )

A taxi is a lot more expensive, having to pay a driver who has to feed his family and pay his house etc.

A world where all cars are self driving is a lot safer than where only taxi drivers are present, atleast in the Netherlands where taxi drivers are total assholes and dangerous.

Comparing the Amsterdam's taxis to the ones in Egypt or Turkey we drive really safe, really.

Look at it this way - if I rob a bank, I don't need a getaway driver, I keep everything and the car speeds away with me :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Comparing the Amsterdam's taxis to the ones in Egypt or Turkey we drive really safe, really.

Haha I imagine, but in The Hague where I live I am often almost hit by taxi drivers who are trying to get somewhere quickly around the train stations. And then they blame me for following the rules... They say the blue licence plates are for assholes in traffic :P

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Specs:
Screeninator: ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Powermathingy: Corsair AX760
Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Blue
Procrastinator: Intel i5 3570K (stock)
Holdametalicizor: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Noisoundacreator: Sennheiser HD 558
Attatchamajiggy: MSI Z77A-G45 (SUCKS)
Remembrerthing: 750GB Samsung 840 EVO (3x250GB)
Flat-Colorful-Thing: Iiyama craptron 2000
See-A-Move-O: Corsair M45
ButtonBoard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Browns)

Haha I imagine, but in The Hague where I live I am often almost hit by taxi drivers who are trying to get somewhere quickly around the train stations. And then they blame me for following the rules... They say the blue licence plates are for assholes in traffic :P

Get on our level - we had a taxi driver pull a gun on a pedestrian ._.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

You didn't get my point.

I'm not saying the world should be full of taxi drivers or self driving cars. I'm saying if you buy a car that drives for you, stop fucking driving. The road is full of "safe" people who drive like morons and cause more obstruction than safety to themselves and to those around them. 

You didn't get my point.

I'm not saying the world should be full of taxi drivers or self driving cars. I'm saying if you buy a car that drives for you, stop fucking driving. The road is full of "safe" people who drive like morons and cause more obstruction than safety to themselves and to those around them. 

I can agree - a woman almost hit us the other day since she was driving in the wrong lane on to avoid traffic,...