AMD's Phil Rogers jumps to nVidia

zMeul

How could AMD lay off one of the big boys that built ATi?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Not you, him.  It's like AMD killed his dog or something.

Ohhh right lol... yeah that i smost definitely true xD

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Why do you find that even remotely funny, we all know that AMD "sinking" isn't a good thing.

Yeah remember that 480 and 580?

giphy.gif

hahah funny, :D but idunno man, i still have my 580 in use and the temps aren't even in the 70´s during gaming ..so what does classify as "hot" ?

You're only making yourself look stupid, "team-switching" happens A LOT between these two companies, but only Nvidia are rotten enough to make press releases about them (and only when it's in their favour)

AMD rises above this shit. They NEVER made a press release about Nvidia staff switching to AMD, yet it's happened HUNDREDS of times since 1997.

Never? Right, just like acquiring Richard Huddy from Intel wasn't an immediate press release. BS.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Never? Right, just like acquiring Richard Huddy from Intel wasn't an immediate press release. BS.

If you could provide the link of the press release, it would be nice. But still - IF THAT HAPPENED - Huddy wasn't just someone AMD aquired, he was a former AMD employee that went to Intel.

Talking about press releases... your claimed Intel press release about them hiring Keller that would come "next thursday" is quite a bit late... where is it?

hahah funny, :D but idunno man, i still have my 580 in use and the temps aren't even in the 70´s during gaming ..so what does classify as "hot" ?

You're one of the lucky ones. I have a friend who upgraded from a 580 to a 970 last year, and his 580 used to idle at 90c.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

If you could provide the link of the press release, it would be nice. But still - IF THAT HAPPENED - Huddy wasn't just somone AMD aquired, he was a former AMD employee.

Talking about press releases... your claimed Intel press release about them hiring Keller that would come "next thursday" is quite a bit late... where is it?

WRONG!!! You have lost this debate because I clearly remember him saying next Tuesday and not Thursday. If you can't even remember what day he said, how can you remember anything, EVER?!?!?

(I did the dodging of the question for him.  All he has left to do is actually provide proof of his BS claim since the rest of us are plebs and don't own Intel stocks, so we dont get investor phone calls)

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Wtf... Maybe a bad card? Too much/little paste? Fans dirty? Weird either way. Or maybe as you say, I'm lucky.

Yea idk wtf was wrong with his card either. I know Fermi was hot, but his was ridiculous.

Why do you find that even remotely funny, we all know that AMD "sinking" isn't a good thing.

Yeah remember that 480 and 580?

snip

Not to bring any more arguing to the table but if I recall correctly, AMD was the creator of the most recent BBQ GPU

290X_Front.jpg

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It'll be enough for a while. Not every new game is going to be using the latest and greatest texture mapping or what have you.

Plus, you don't know what Suika will be using their GPU for, as they may not buy every single new AAA game that comes out.

I do agree that there needs to be some sorting and moderation of which threads get to stay up in the tech news section. The rules should be revisited me thinks.

@airdeano @GoodBytes perhaps, maybe, possibly?

I know some threads do get moved and edited, but threads like this one are clearly worded to incite some sort of negative reaction by the forum.

We are discussing ways to improve the Tech News forum section already.

Not to bring any more arguing to the table but if I recall correctly, AMD was the creator of the most recent BBQ GPU

290X_Front.jpg

My favorite. :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Guess Nvidia needs help with their DX12 optimization?

And Nvidia needs to catch up in drivers, they used to release nice, stable drivers, and now it's a freaking mess :(

Hope things work out for both AMD and Nvidia, we need more competition!

Wait, to make sure I understand, this guy (that is now with Nvidia) was one of the ppl that were laid off? Cause it sounds like this guy was a big deal, if he now has this new job title. Unless he left on his own.

But man, what the heck is going AMD. You better have something up your sleeves. Hopefully Zen, as well as their new GPUs really deliver.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I just hope they change the Nvidia control panel so it looks less like it was designed in the 90's.

Isn't there a conflict of interests here.

Former AMD software engineer jumps to the other team who've already been accused of deliberately sabotaging AMD performance taking with him intimate knowledge of AMDs driver architecture.

Nothing could possibly go wrong with this scenario.

Actually I'm willing to bet Nvidia knows this and wanted him on board for his insight information as much as for his abilities as an engineer: What's AMD gonna do about it? Sue them? Nvida has "Sue fucking Samsung" kind of money (Granted didn't "win" but still not many can even afford that) and AMD just wouldn't be able to afford an infringement war.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I just hope they change the Nvidia control panel so it looks less like it was designed in the 90's.

Been having my hopes up for that for a while, but I don't actually care too much. I just wish GFE worked 100% of the time (to be more realistic, 99.99995% then).

Been having my hopes up for that for a while, but I don't actually care too much. I just wish GFE worked 100% of the time (to be more realistic, 99.99995% then).

When I went from my 6950 to a 970, my first reaction was finding out how shockingly ugly their control panel and patch notes are compared to AMD. Also, the way they use resolution scaling is buggy in Geforce Experience and I kinda hate it. As long as everything continues to work properly I guess it doesn't matter too much, but they should really work on that.

AMD SOFTWARE....

AMD DRIVERS....

ENJOY YOUR SHITTY NVIDIA DRIVERS!

Now now now, the drivers after the first ones released for a card are the shitty ones. That's why I use the drivers that came with my GTX 650ti. Though AMD insists on breaking the graphics setup in my Pavilion DV6 3010AX, I have to use the HP drivers so I can switch between dGPU (1 is called an iGPU, but it has 256MB dedicated vRAM so its actually a dGPU)..

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Actually it's a great thing because they would be bought out by a company who actually has resources.

Imagine a company like Samsung buying them out they would finally have fabs again and the overall money flow into the GPU's would be far bigger.

Same goes for Microsoft.

RTX2070OC 

We are discussing ways to improve the Tech News forum section already.

when I initially started posting here I did it without any personal input at all - it wasn't good because it wasn't according to the posting rules that required personal input

now that I give you exactly what I think, that's not good either - please make up your mind -_-

---

yes, I do believe AMD's leadership was and still is an absolute joke

key people in AMD's product development are leaving the company:

in this case, Phil Rogers - the HSA poster boy goes to nVidia

another case, Jim Keller, no introduction needed, is rumored to have joined Intel

on top of that, AMD is sacking 5% of their workforce ... come on!

when I initially started posting here I did it without any personal input at all - it wasn't good because it wasn't according to the posting rules that required personal input

now that I give you exactly what I think, that's not good either - please make up your mind -_-

---

yes, I do believe AMD's leadership was and still is an absolute joke

key people in AMD's product development are leaving the company:

in this case, Phil Rogers - the HSA poster boy goes to nVidia

another case, Jim Keller, no introduction needed, is rumored to have joined Intel

Its great to see that your company runs so well.

Jim keller worked at apple too. Hes much like a gypsy and moves where ever he is needed. The intel rumor has never been verified *coughpatrickcough*

I think you need to tone down the bias a lot. The fanboy is very evident and that much personal bias on a topic tends to make me think of your posts as rubbish reporting.

Uh oh. AMD, please get stuff together and make great CPUs/GPUs again...

They Are,The Gpu's ArE Good,The 390 Is An Amazing Deal