AMD's Phil Rogers jumps to nVidia

zMeul

And you just failed at memes....

Well... The point wasn't to make a valid meme. It was to respond, and be witty about it while saying what I needed to. i definitely was not trying to make a real meme mate.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

You are simultaneously right and wrong with the Fermi hate. The GTX 480 was the GPU equivalent of a supernova, whilst the GTX 580 has actually gone down in history as one of the coolest running flagships in the last decade. I may disagree with Nvidia's business practices, but I've gotta give them credit where its due. Second gen Fermi was a miracle of engineering especially with how well it still performs in modern games. I know it's a bit off topic, but I can't stand it when the GTX 480's shitty rep gets forced onto the 580 as well.

This gif was probably made before the 580 was released, so you are likely correct.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

hahah funny, :D but idunno man, i still have my 580 in use and the temps aren't even in the 70´s during gaming ..so what does classify as "hot" ?

Good cooler do a load, plus that probably was made before the 580 was released it seems.

Not to bring any more arguing to the table but if I recall correctly, AMD was the creator of the most recent BBQ GPU

*Most BBQ cooler* I don't think temperature around 70-80 in good coolers are anything to be called BBQ.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

This shitty thread still going?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

grinning-emperor-palpatine.jpg

That was actually much harder to make than im willing to let on. My text tool in photoshop has been completely broken for a long time now, since setting up this new station, and I'm just too lazy to reinstall and fix it.

I've seen performance increases constantly since the core 2 days, sure gaming performance hasn't changed "much" but in other applications I've seen pretty big improvements! 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I've seen performance increases constantly since the core 2 days, sure gaming performance hasn't changed "much" but in other applications I've seen pretty big improvements! 

Im talking about First gen i5/i7 series, which, only have about a 25% difference in ipc over a modern 6600.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Much better than your thermonuclear GPU thanks.

if we're gettign into flame wars let's go ahead and mention thermi. A GPU that literally melted faces.

- snip-

@zMeul... Do you ever post anything that isn't AMD hate? You're basically Derek Smart of LTT.

- snip-

Pls hate more.

it's a zmeul thread. i don't think anyone expects anything more from him.

@zMeul... Do you ever post anything that isn't AMD hate? You're basically Derek Smart of LTT.

At least he makes his stance clear up front unlike a lot of people who continue to deny their bias. Either way the facts are being reported. So if you don't want him reporting the facts, do it before him.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

At least he makes his stance clear up front unlike a lot of people who continue to deny their bias. Either way the facts are being reported. So if you don't want him reporting the facts, do it before him.

what facts? HardOCP pulled the original article from the website....so its was basically a rumour...  and the linked in profile could be made by someone ... doesnt prove anything...

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

How far have AMD sunk? Considering they have a better card for the same price or less for every current Nvidia card (besides the Titan's and the 980 Ti) I'd say they're well afloat. 

How's your 3.5Gb of vram? 

i have 4 gb of vram. literally only one nvidia gpu has that problem. it confuses me when people refer to others with that. like people talking about 11.5gb  on the titan x. 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

the "forum rules" asks for my personal opinion, I gave it, and I will make absolutely no apology for it

I made my hatred for AMD very clear from the very beginning, and I also insisted this rule would lead to flame - but the admins were adamant in enforcing it

so here we are

No, you know that's pretty much bullshit with tons of glitter all over it.

You twist the news for the only purpous of trash talking and spread your toxicity. Even when news are not about AMD - you make an effort to make them about AMD...

I saw some pages of your reddit posts... jesus dude... it's sad.

i have 4 gb of vram. literally only one nvidia gpu has that problem. it confuses me when people refer to others with that. like people talking about 11.5gb  on the titan x. 

Actually - the 660 Ti was also a 1.5GB + 0.5GB card since the memory bus required it to be that way. @D2ultima can elaborate further :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

the "forum rules" asks for my personal opinion, I gave it, and I will make absolutely no apology for itI made my hatred for AMD very clear from the very beginning, and I also insisted this rule would lead to flame - but the admins were adamant in enforcing itso here we are

I suppose that it is by coincidence that the majority of your posts are anti-AMD? I don't know what AMD did to you to earn this sort of personal vendetta, but this anti-AMD agenda you've got going on is probably taking things too far.

Also, blaming mods/admins for flamewars you know you would start by continuously bashing on AMD? That's a pretty weak excuse. You know, you could avoid putting in sensationalist titles for a start (e.g. 'AMD Hits Rock Bottom', 'More Bad News For AMD') and then input a neutral stance on the issue, not something like 'this is absolutely hilarious, I'm literally rolling on the floor right now

one of ATi's top software guys and later AMD, has left the building ... wow AMD, how far have you sunk'.

I think the best decision for you is to either lay off the AMD hate, or to continue reporting news stories about them without being overly aggressive or biased against them. Maybe even post a news story in the future that puts AMD in a positive light for once?

An opinion is an opinion, that's perfectly acceptable, but once the word 'opinion' is just used as an excuse to hate on something, that is where it ceases to be an opinion, and just evolves into ignorance. Anyway, that's my attempt at trying to at least make you consider what you should put in your future news posts regarding AMD, but chances are that you'll continue it until the forum posting rules change. I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong. After all, isn't this just the Internet?

Don't expect me to reply to whatever you have to say to this, because this thread has been sincerely abandoned by yours truly. Have fun everyone. Peace.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Don't expect me to reply to whatever you have to say to this, because this thread has been sincerely abandoned by yours truly. Have fun everyone. Peace.

Who the hell are you?

lol

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

This shitty thread still going?

Is it ? Wow I never expected to be kappa.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Been having my hopes up for that for a while, but I don't actually care too much. I just wish GFE worked 100% of the time (to be more realistic, 99.99995% then).

I'd be happy if they just made it run properly and not take 30 seconds to change pages when I click on something. Haven't had any issues with GFE yet though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Actually - the 660 Ti was also a 1.5GB + 0.5GB card since the memory bus required it to be that way. @D2ultima can elaborate further :)

Yeah, it is a lot different though.

The final 512MB is simply resting on top of one clump of 32-bit memory controllers. So it's got a 64-bit interface, and the card does not need to slow down the other memory bandwidth to access this. The 970 is the only one of its kind, bar none.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Im talking about First gen i5/i7 series, which, only have about a 25% difference in ipc over a modern 6600.

WAT? 2nd gen i5/i7 has a 25% difference vs 6th gen. 1st gen's difference is something like 40% to 2nd gen, and 1st gen vs 6th gen is closer to about 180% of an improvement.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

AMD SOFTWARE....

AMD DRIVERS....

ENJOY YOUR SHITTY NVIDIA DRIVERS!

You know how many people's argument that "Nvidia is better" is that it has way bigger marketshare? I wonder how many FPS does marketshare add to their GPUs...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

WAT? 2nd gen i5/i7 has a 25% difference vs 6th gen. 1st gen's difference is something like 40% to 2nd gen, and 1st gen vs 6th gen is closer to about 180% of an improvement.

People are judging the performance difference in games. And that difference between generations is only 5-10%.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

People are judging the performance difference in games. And that difference between generations is only 5-10%.

The difference between generations is small from Sandy Bridge and onward. Lynnfield, Clarkfield and Bloomfield are FAR weaker than Sandy Bridge, and it is a massive jump from them to any later generation.

Can we have a go fund me campaign to help out amd. I would gladly donate a buck or 2.