Skarp the Laser Razor is cancelled by Kickstarter

So after backing that pretty nifty laser razor product that was talked about on the WAN show a couple weeks back, I receive the following email from Kickstarter:

Hello,
This is a message from Kickstarter’s Integrity team. We’re writing to notify you that the Skarp Laser Razor project has been suspended, and your pledge has been canceled.

After requesting and reviewing additional material from the creator of the project, we’ve concluded that it is in violation of our rule requiring working prototypes of physical products that are offered as rewards. Accordingly, all funding has been stopped and backers will not be charged for their pledges. No further action is required on your part. Suspensions cannot be undone.
We take the integrity of the Kickstarter system very seriously. We only suspend projects when we find evidence that our rules are being violated.
Regards,
Kickstarter Integrity Team

So after reaching over 4 Million in funding, the laser razor got banhammered pretty hard by Kickstarter.
Here is the link to the KS page for the project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skarp/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving

Edited by Whiskers
Fixed for night theme users

When in doubt, re-format.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Fix yer formatting. Go into your editor box and click the button that looks like a light switch so you can remove the color bbcode.

For future reference, use the 'Paste as plain text' option in Google Chrome. Alternatively, there's a setting that I just noticed in the gear button on the editor that automatically makes what you paste into plain text.

I always doubt that they could burn hair as fast as they claimed using only AA batteries.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Fix yer formatting. Go into your editor box and click the button that looks like a light switch so you can remove the color bbcode.

For future reference, use the 'Paste as plain text' option in Google Chrome. Alternatively, there's a setting that I just noticed in the gear button on the editor that automatically makes what you paste into plain text.

No need, I've fixed it. :)

Please keep this in mind for the future though. If you copy text over from a site which has it formatted then paste it on LTT it tends to retain that formatting, and doesn't display properly for those who use the night theme.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Please keep this in mind for the future though. If you copy text over from a site which has it formatted then paste it on LTT it tends to retain that formatting, and doesn't display properly for those who use the night theme.

An easy way to do this is to do Ctrl shift v to paste. It pastes as plain text :)

Well that's sad, oh well not surprising however.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I will keep this in mind. My apologies, I've been purposely trying to use EDGE to see if it can indeed be a daily driver. This is the only site that its totally broken on...

When in doubt, re-format.

I will keep this in mind. My apologies, I've been purposely trying to use EDGE to see if it can indeed be a daily driver. This is the only site that its totally broken on...

It's gonna be a while before Edge is useful, ha.

if they were right and they actually know it was going to work, they will be back with working prototypes this time :)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Darn, I was really looking forward to that.  Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true.

I was never willing to pay for one of those without a review or, ideally, a trial run. Assurances that it works with absolutely every type of hair on earth given that it's far more technical than just "burn with a laser" don't really mean much if it turns out that they just didn't have the ability to test every single type, and that's assuming it wasn't just a scam to begin with.

Apparently Kickstarter thought the latter. They did seem to have some sort of laser being used to "cut" hair in the video, but I who knows.

Yeah no, not surprised. "Lasers operating the the right frequencies to be able to cut hair but not skin" is a tub full of snake oil.

You could see the hair getting cut by a laser in the video.

you can see the shave demo here. They're going to need a larger laser because it doesnt seem reliable.

Kickstarter were quietly given a brown envelope from Gillette, I'm sure of it.

They have an effective monopoly on this market, somehow without intervention from anybody, in 98% of the world.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

you can see the shave demo here.

gee that looks effective....I could probably shave better with a chocolate bar wrapper

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's gonna be a while before Edge is useful, ha.

Well, judging from that shave demo.. so is this razor. :P