Microsoft Surface Book announced at Microsoft 2015 Hardware Event - NVIDIA GPU, Lastest Intel Chips

Of course I know that. But whats the point in buying tech if its not Brand-New? And an iPad Pro is fine for me cause I got 3 gaming laptops and a few rigs so an ipad pro is great for me cuase it just has to get stuff done. I can save some money by getting a lower preformance quality. I would normally agree with you though.

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

Price is a bit high still but I'm game if they have better battery life.

It looked like there are batteries in both the keyboard/dgpu dock and the main body of the Surface. I could be wrong but if it does,then I'm really impressed with seamless docking capability.

my point is that the surface is meant to be a portable device, not a device you use 24/7 andif imwrong well that's not smart of them because the keyboard and mouse pad are really bad, and for the ridiculous price they are asking, im going to pick up an iPad or iPad Pro, save myself 500 dollars and i can use the same software I would use on a Surface. Cause i would use office, email and to browse my email. im not gonna game on it. And its priced like its meant for gaming. And tbh, apples idea of the IPad pro impresses me. and the prefomance that you can get out of it while being a mobile OS and with Mobile cpu, is more interesting to me. And so for the first time ever, the iPad Pro is cheaper than a windows Surface. 

It's meant for productivity, but you're paying a premium for the body and it's features (obviously).

The keyboard isn't bad, the trackpad is okay. It's not bad.

I don't know how you're going to shit on the Surface being what it is and then say you're going to go buy an iPad Pro, lol.

What if they were to include the full Broadwell Desktop level of the iris pro 6200 though? Not a chance it will include it but a what if scenario. I think it was enough to drive a normal display (certainly not 4k so this device fails there already) but alas intel has decided to just not give a fuck and hasn't released the 6200 on a chip people can normally buy on retail stores.

You mean like the i5-5675C and i7-5775C?

I'm not going to buy this, but I'm a fan of the aspect ratio. 3:2 and 16:10 are optimal for laptops and tablets imo. But "NVIDIA GeForce graphics (GPU)"? Really? It could be a 920M and that would still be an accurate description.

Those cancerous assholes never mention the full and detailed details about whatever the "Nvdia dedicated GPU" are.

Fuck them, man, really kinda annoying. They seems to think no one will ever have to know which nVidia GPU they're getting.

"The most powerfull laptop ever" Fuck off, Microsuck, do you forgot there is MSI and Asus for that?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

for those prices... iPad pro looks cheap.... 

This has an i7 & Nividia GPU its not even in the ballpark of a ipad thats why they compared it to the macbook.... its a laptop/convertible 

Why can't we get 16GB of ram at the 2000 dollar range? Anyhow it still looks beautiful and I hope its battery life doesn't suck (which I guess it most likely won't).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Those cancerous assholes never mention the full and detailed details about whatever the "Nvdia dedicated GPU" are.

Fuck them, man, really kinda annoying. They seems to think no one will ever have to know which nVidia GPU they're getting.

"The most powerfull laptop ever" Fuck off, Microsuck, do you forgot there is MSI and Asus for that?

This isn't meant for gaming. This is meant to be a high-end ultrabook.

Ok... Calm down.

I am sure it was a slip up and meant ultrabook. It isn't the first time that Microsoft isn't careful with its words during a presentation.

It's not like they mention this on the marketing material and product page from what I can see.

Microsoft doesn't mention the CPU exact model either. This gives the ability of Microsoft to change the specs. Like the Surface Pro 2, Intel could not meet the demand of the i5 chip as all OEMs were using it, so they started to put the higher end model chip (and Intel canceled the slower/older chip). The Nvidia chip is probably a custom chip, hence no name. My guess is that the performance will be around a 950M or 960M. A chip that would fit the device profile.

This device is not meant for gaming. I am annoyed that many people think "Oh Nvidia/AMD GPU... wait what? Its not the most highesnd model? IT SUCKS!!! It SUUUCKS!" Its like dude. All you care, is if the same or better performance than Intel graphics solution, as Intel graphics solution, say what you will, but it sucks. Horrible drivers, and doesn't have full DirectX and OpenGL support (let alone OpenCL, DirectCompute, making many software like PhotoShop that uses advance filters with GPU acceleration crash on Intel, or have issues). With Nvidia graphics solution (or AMD), you know that Yes performance might not be there depending on the chip, but at least it will WORKS.

i want it

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You mean like the i5-5675C and i7-5775C?

I'm not going to buy this, but I'm a fan of the aspect ratio. 3:2 and 16:10 are optimal for laptops and tablets imo. But "NVIDIA GeForce graphics (GPU)"? Really? It could be a 920M and that would still be an accurate description.

Precisely. It's shown to beat the AMD APUs by a confortable margin and maybe enough to eliminate the need for all low end dedicated gpus.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Based on a doc file which is aimed for teh press

http://news.microsoft.com/download/presskits/surface/docs/surfacebookfs.docx

The Nvidia GPU has only 1GB of memory (will use the system memory for more). If it uses DDR4 memory on the system, then it will help, if true. So the Nvidia GPU can be a low end one, or a higher end one, but limited system memory due to device space constraints.

Out of current gpu's and that form factor probably a 950M or something similar.

More like 940M.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I couldn't help but cringe during the live release. I really found it difficult to watch through it. He said at one point literally word for word "it's the fastest laptop". Now the Surface Pro 4 looks really nice but I just don't see the appeal of the Surface Book.

I think he meant ultrabook, but laptop slip out. It's not the first time that Microsoft screws up with the wording.

He said it was the fastest 13 inch laptop (which still may or may not be true, can't really be arsed to look up 13 inch laptops right now) and also,any other time he said it was the best at something he would add "in its class" at the end.

I am now looking for things I can sell, so that I won't feel so bad about spending $2k on a laptop. 

This fits pretty much every need of mine. I COULD get a pro 4.... but then the price diff after getting a keyboard and whatnot, is...not alot. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

He said it was the fastest 13 inch laptop (which still may or may not be true, can't really be arsed to look up 13 inch laptops right now) and also,any other time he said it was the best at something he would add "in its class" at the end.

I am at work, so I never heard exactly what he said. Tonight I will and pay close attention. I think he meant ultrabook or 13inch laptop, and do like car companies when they say "best in class", where it is so specific their definition of class, it is like the only car there is. In this case, detachable screen laptop.

Does not matter. Even if the performance is identical to Intel integrated graphics, as a Surface Pro 2 users, I can tell you, Intel iGPU is an insult, and ruins the device. I have already expressed my feeling on it many times before.

Two words iris pro. I do wish we had the actual cpu information because I7 U series is a complete waste compared to I5 U series, but for the high power lines (which I doubt it uses) it's the only way to get a quad core.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Two words iris pro. I do wish we had the actual cpu information because I7 U series is a complete waste compared to I5 U series, but for the high power lines (which I doubt it uses) it's the only way to get a quad core.

Unless you need i7 specific features, its almost always a waste on laptops and pretty certain its the same case here.

GPU Won't be powerful enough for games that need a quad core, but if you are interested in AutoCad....

I don't know.. personally I got so burned by Intel graphic solution, I really don't want to use them.

Anand has put out its hands on, it shows some of the internals in the new hardware but the most stand out part is that the SB uses a IGZO panel.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9696/windows-10-devices-hands-on

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Anand has put out its hands on, it shows some of the internals in the new hardware but the most stand out part is that the SPB uses a IGZO panel.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9696/windows-10-devices-hands-on

Hmm, so far doesn't look like theres an up-gradable SSD... may be located elsewhere. 

Although 256 is fine for me on a mobile device. 

Unless you need i7 specific features, its almost always a waste on laptops and pretty certain its the same case here.

GPU Won't be powerful enough for games that need a quad core, but if you are interested in AutoCad....

Quad core imho is never a waste long term, but that U series doesnt have quad cores and the difference between an I7 and I5 is only like 200 Mhz.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I don't know.. personally I got so burned by Intel graphic solution, I really don't want to use them.

Iris pro is god is life. Pre-edram Intel graphics can die in a great ball of fire.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

but but... iPad Pro...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's