Fourteen Year Old Student Arrested For Bringing Homemade Clock to School

Rune

computer_build_1.jpg

Quick everyone offline, run!  It's a bomb.

The cable management and this power supply will make it so  :D !

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

People get arrested all the time. I don't know why this is such big news. Looks like everyone just wants to jump on the bandwagon of calling other people racist etc.

Its a pitty that tax dollars are not spent on training teachers to be bomb technicians so this does not happen again.

It's like saying: "why is ISIS in the news people get killed by others the whole time". You are right in the fact that it shouldn't be news because it should be common sense that bombs don't tick and have timers like they do in movies, but this since people actually still thin they are it should be news to show how idiotic some schools are, the teachers are still holding charges against him for making a fake bomb when he never showed it to others to freak them out in the first place!

Pascal laptops guide

Obama just tweeted him offering him an opportunity to bring his "hoax bomb" to the White House.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/644193755814342656

I wonder where Obama's invitations were for the multiple kids being suspended for playing like kids... :rolleyes:

computer_build_1.jpg

Quick everyone offline, run!  It's a bomb.

If there is an AMD card in there, then of course it is a bomb.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I wonder where Obama's invitations were for the multiple kids being suspended for playing like kids... :rolleyes:

If there is an AMD card in there, then of course it is a bomb.

Alright let's be honest for a moment, just because Obama picked this kid doesn't mean that he only cares about this specific person. This should be for all creative kids that work for something hard only for it to be dismissed because the school "thinks it looks like a bomb" or "it looks like a gun". I really need to make this clear, we shouldn't concern ourselves with why didn't that person or this person make a headline, but rather wether the person that made the headline has some worthwhile cause.

Pascal laptops guide

Alright let's be honest for a moment, just because Obama picked this kid doesn't mean that he only cares about this specific person. This should be for all creative kids that work for something hard only for it to be dismissed because the school "thinks it looks like a bomb" or "it looks like a gun". I really need to make this clear, we shouldn't concern ourselves with why didn't that person or this person make a headline, but rather wether the person that made the headline has some worthwhile cause.

I don't disagree with the bolded at all (I'm in total agreement), but it isn't being honest when you stop and think about all the little kids who have faced unfair treatment that has made huge headlines that he ignored entirely. He goes out of his way for the bigger headlines, the ones that have popular propaganda behind it (in this case, Islamophobes or racists etc). He doesn't care, is my point, not for the kids he so nicely allows to visit the White House. If he honestly cared, he wouldn't turn a blind eye to the amount of kids (6-7yrs old)  being suspended or mistreated in school for extremist fears and propaganda (that he himself propagates)  because they played cowboys or cops and robbers?—that also made headlines (some for days) by the way.

If he is going to stick his nose into business he really shouldn't involve himself in as our president, he should at least do it with class and a less obvious need to fuel propaganda—or for selfish reasons.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't disagree with the bolded at all (I'm in total agreement), but it isn't being honest when you stop and think about all the little kids who have faced unfair treatment that has made huge headlines that he ignored entirely. He goes out of his way for the bigger headlines, the ones that have popular propaganda behind it (in this case, Islamophobes or racists etc). He doesn't care, is my point, not for the kids he so nicely allows to visit the White House. If he honestly cared, he wouldn't turn a blind eye to the amount of kids (6-7yrs old)  being suspended or mistreated in school for extremist fears and propaganda (that he himself propagates)  because they played cowboys or cops and robbers?—that also made headlines (some for days) by the way.

If he is going to stick his nose into business he really shouldn't involve himself in as our president, he should at least do it with class and a less obvious need to fuel propaganda—or for selfish reasons.

Yeah I guess I get what you mean, this "shoot first ask questions" later policy needs to die and Obama must work his way to stop educational intuitions from such behaviour. The school haven't even issued a apology.

I was just trying to refer to the amount of butt hurt from people with biases that think that this is normal and should be left alone as it "a safety policy".

Pascal laptops guide

Hey guys! I made a clock!

broken_gun_clock_by_obsessivefangirl2-d4

What...? What do you mean that could be miscronstrued as something else?????!!!!11!!!one!1!!!?eleven!

-snip-

What...? What do you mean that could be miscronstrued as something else?????!!!!11!!!one!1!!!?eleven!

No... it's blatantly obvious that this is _intended_ to look like a gun.

Some stuff goes viral and some stuff does not. ...or you could say some stuff goes more viral than other stuff. Deal with it. >.>

A gun is easier to identify than a bomb for the general public, because bombs don't really have a general shape.

For most people, seeing a suitcase that ticks with a  bunch of wires everywhere would set off all kinds of red flags.

I wouldn't assume it was a bomb, it looks too small to be an IED, too few wires and lack of explosive material; and the fact that it was a child wearing a NASA shirt ¬_¬

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Everything obvious has been said bombs don't look like they do in the movies. One shouldnt automatically assume a bomb is possessed by a child. And being middle eastern is not a sure fire sign of terrorism. Anything else?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

He was not mistreated. It obviously looked like a bomb. America is way to paraniod. I carry a swiss army knife on me every day (yes at school) not because i need protection but becuase its so convenient.

These muslims need to shut the fuck up, this is not against them, same thing would have happened to a white boy. We let them in the country then they want more more and more.

I don't think every Muslim is complaining? Maybe you should shut the fuck up

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Dam he was arrested  due to paranoia

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

People who is butthurt of this needs to shut up. better safe than sorry. imagine if you had a kid in school, wouldnt you be happy that people actually cares and check. 

Awsome job police!

People who is butthurt of this needs to shut up. better safe than sorry. imagine if you had a kid in school, wouldnt you be happy that people actually cares and check. 

Awsome job police!

Honestly, if kids bringing bombs to school is a genuine concern. I'd remove my kids from that School. Actually I'd probably rethink everything about the society we live in on a base level.

Just because it has a clock and it beeps doesn't mean it is a bomb, unless you watch a lot of cartoon. He is being mistreated as he didn't intened to make a hoax bomb, and unless they provide evidence for otherwise it isn't.

very well said

Awsome job police!

Yeah awesome job it obvious that  bomb have timers and beep like they do in hollywood and they and the school sure apologised afterwards and didn't suspend him /s.

If they apologised and didn't punish him I would have let it slip, otherwise no.

Pascal laptops guide

Ya know, not to start a flame war, but I am ACTUALLY proud of Obama for stepping in and telling the kid "Good job"

I am going to be an electrical engineer and we need more people like that. Creativity is what starts new ideas.

Ya know, not to start a flame war, but I am ACTUALLY proud of Obama for stepping in and telling the kid "Good job"

I am going to be an electrical engineer and we need more people like that. Creativity is what starts new ideas.

I won't be proud of him until he forces Texas to change it's silly educational laws as well and kill the "shoot first ask questions later" attitude applied to students. 

Good step, yes.

Enough, no!

Pascal laptops guide

I won't be proud of him until he forces Texas to change it's silly educational laws as well and kill the "shoot first ask questions later" attitude applied to students. 

Good step, yes.

Enough, no!

Ya, I do agree. But sitting on his ass and doing nothing is what I would have expected him to do. But he didn't.

Awsome job police!

Oh yes, let's encourage fear and paranoia.  This is the attitude that is destroying our society.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

-snip-

So a clock intended as a gun = a clock that is built in a suit case that people think is a bomb due to lack of proper understanding of how bombs look like? /s

Pascal laptops guide

Ya, I do agree. But sitting on his ass and doing nothing is what I would have expected him to do. But he didn't.

Yeah, maybe there is hope.

Pascal laptops guide

Oh yes, let's encourage fear and paranoia.  This is the attitude that is destroying our society.

It's encouraging public safety. Do you believe it's okay to yell "fire" in an enclosed public space such as a theatre? Even if there's no fire (or in this case, no bomb), you create a very real sense of threat. 

Even though this boy is obviously talented and smart, that doesn't mean you bring fishy devices (sorry not everyone can recognize a circuit, we're not all LTT nerds) to a school which can be a common spot for public harm.