Fourteen Year Old Student Arrested For Bringing Homemade Clock to School

Rune

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

jGZ8RBU.jpg

this is what it looks like, sketchy as hell.

The fact you are so ignorant makes me laugh out loud. THE KID WAS WEARING A FUCKING NASA T-SHIRT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

so if i bring my laptop to school and the police open it up and are like omg it has a circuit board and what is this package (lithium battery) explosives? and i get arrested and charges pressed against me 

The fact you are so ignorant makes me laugh out loud. THE KID WAS WEARING A FUCKING NASA T-SHIRT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

...And? If I think someone is pointing a knife at me I'm not going to disregard it because his shirt says #JesusFreak

so if i bring my laptop to school and the police open it up and are like omg it has a circuit board and what is this package (lithium battery) explosives? and i get charges pressed against me 

because a laptop and a ticking suitcase are completely the same thing.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

A gun is easier to identify than a bomb for the general public, because bombs don't really have a general shape.

For most people, seeing a suitcase that ticks with a  bunch of wires everywhere would set off all kinds of red flags.

No, it doesn't.  This is why we need education.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

...And? If I think someone is pointing a knife at me I'm not going to disregard it because his shirt says #JesusFreak

open your laptop it looks very similar to that and if it ticks then its a bomb and if it doesn't tick then it can't possibly be a bomb. and bombs needs to be inside suitcases or else it would be physically impossible for it to be a bomb

No, it doesn't.  This is why we need education.

would you at least mind telling me what "no it doesn't" is refering to in my post

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

so if i bring my laptop to school and the police open it up and are like omg it has a circuit board and what is this package (lithium battery) explosives? and i get arrested and charges pressed against me 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XHaz5EM9jc

only if you are NOT a white guy....

It's just sad and pathetic that first reaction from the school and the cop is to arrest and handcuff the kid in front of everyone.  Gee...even if they really think it's a "suspicious device", their first response should be evacuate the whole school!

would you at least mind telling me what "no it doesn't" is refering to in my post

It didn't tick, have a bunch of wires, or look like a bomb.  If the picture can be believed it looked like a suitcase with a lcd screen.  That's it.

I make suitcases with literal bunches of wires coming out of them at work for mobile radio kits, as well as portable emergency landslide detectors.  Those don't look like bombs either.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If they legit thought it was a bomb, then why didn't they follow proper procedure and evacuate the school? Or did they just want to feel like tough guys and intimidate a kid.

-snip-

It's just sad and pathetic that first reaction from the school and the cop is to arrest and handcuff the kid in front of everyone.  Gee...even if they really think it's a "suspicious device", their first response should be evacuate the whole school!

Interesting point about the lack of an evacuation. If they actually believed it was a bomb, they would have evacuated the school. That they did not evacuate the school suggests that they already knew it was not a bomb, but took the heavy-handed approach that would only have been justified if they believed it was a bomb.

Why is everyone calling it a suitcase anyway? It's probably only a few inches long. While the photo does not include a ruler for reference, the line of pins at the top of the board probably have a 0.1 inch pitch.

It's just sad and pathetic that first reaction from the school and the cop is to arrest and handcuff the kid in front of everyone. Gee...even if they really think it's a "suspicious device", their first response should be evacuate the whole school!

This ^^^ if they actually believed it was a bomb why didn't they evacuate ?

;_; I cry on ZetZet comments.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

jGZ8RBU.jpg

It's easy to judge when you have no idea what are you talking about.

That doesn't look sketchy at all, I see not explosives at all.

You have not seen many electronic projects at all.

FgExAoQ.jpg

hodiny2_10.jpg

qdnubP0.jpg

breadboard_circuits_8HVCDP.jpg

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Ok ok ok THIS is why we cant have nice things.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

lol some of these comparisons people are making are completely irrelevant.  This sort of ignorance gets people killed. 

xD Gold comment.

At least some people are smart and know what they are talking.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This doesn't surprise me really... people are already afraid of the "mystical box" that they panic when it doesn't work correctly. Heaven forbid they push the power button or unplug it and restart it.  

People get arrested all the time. I don't know why this is such big news. Looks like everyone just wants to jump on the bandwagon of calling other people racist etc.

Its a pitty that tax dollars are not spent on training teachers to be bomb technicians so this does not happen again.

jGZ8RBU.jpg

Maybe you should consider closing it, any electronic device will look sketchy if you break it down and open pin half like this.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I thought I already explained why bombs shouldn't tick, just because it has a timer =\= it's a bomb. It's quite normal for students to fit their electrical components into suitcases and sketchy boxes, just take a look at the pictures in @GoldSrc posts some of them even look sketchier.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

computer_build_1.jpg

Quick everyone offline, run!  It's a bomb.

That's only a bomb if it has something Netburst inside it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL