Apple 2015 September event, iPad pro, Apple TV and iPhone 6S.

AlexGoesHigh

Edit: Removed pointless garble

I will probably get that to replace my old but venerable 4s.

Prices for Australia are here...

iPhone 6s
16GB: $1079
64GB: $1229
128GB: $1379
iPhone 6s Plus
16GB: $1229
64GB: $1379
128GB: $1529

ಠ_ಠ

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

can somebody explain the USB type-c connector on the Apple TV? what can work with that? Can I connect a hard drive full of movies to that?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

COfq92pWEAAnVtR.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

wow and I thought the iWatch was apple's dumbest device. They managed to top that with the ipad pro. 

-runs on mobile os

-non expandable storage

-pencil is NOT included

-overpriced accessories

-charging the pencil requires you to uncap the end and stick it into the lighting port (try to picture how ugly and inconvenient that looks)

but sadly fanboys will think it as some sort of holy grail.....

hey it'll look great for those who like to hang out at starbucks all day and pretend to be working!!

wow and I thought the iWatch was apple's dumbest device. They managed to top that with the ipad pro. 

-runs on mobile os

-non expandable storage

-pencil is NOT included

-overpriced accessories

-charging the pencil requires you to uncap the end and stick it into the lighting port (try to picture how ugly and inconvenient that looks)

but sadly fanboys will think it as some sort of holy grail.....

hey it'll look great for those who like to hang out at starbucks all day and pretend to be working!!

800$ for 32GB of total storage, the only people that will buy one, are the ones that that kind of money to burn on unnecessary stuff

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

The iPad has never seemed to be actually good for productivity...so don't know why the iPad Pro exists, especially at that terrible pricepoint,

And they're CHARGING $100 FOR A PHALLUS-SHAPED DEVICE...ADKFJALKJFAKLDJK.  Apple literally part of the "toy" industry now.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

800$ for 32GB of total storage, the only people that will buy one, are the ones that that kind of money to burn on unnecessary stuff

Or that live in the US, where an iPhone is only $100~ more than the alternatives and are willing to pay for something which: they can get actual support for, they can use with other apple devices, they can have phone supported for more than five minutes, will maintain it's value for a few generations, something that doesn't feel like it's made of cheap plastic, something with an excellent camera and screen, and so on. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

charging the pencil requires you to uncap the end and stick it into the lighting port (try to picture how ugly and inconvenient that looks)

MKBHD has played around with it and he said he fully expects someone to accidentally bump the pen and snap the connector off.

Doesn't sound very promising.

MKBHD has played around with it and he said he fully expects someone to accidentally bump the pen and snap the connector off.

Great way to sell more of that overpriced pencil. Or some sort of accidental damage insurance from 3rd party seller

Or that live in the US, where an iPhone is only $100~ more than the alternatives and are willing to pay for something which: they can get actual support for, they can use with other apple devices, they can have phone supported for more than five minutes, will maintain it's value for a few generations, something that doesn't feel like it's made of cheap plastic, something with an excellent camera and screen, and so on. 

1. He's talking about the iPad Pro.

2. Could you be more of an Apple apologist?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

1. He's talking about the iPad Pro.

2. Could you be more of an Apple apologist?

Oh I'm sorry I'm capable of rationale thought, I should probably stop that. 

There are no absolutes, and making a statement like he made, just makes him look like an idiot. Not everything is marketed towards everyone. I personally find tablets as a whole stupid because I see no real use for them. Does that actually make all tablets stupid? No, of course not. Just because I don't see the point in buying a tablet doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Oh I'm sorry I'm capable of rationale thought, I should probably stop that. 

There are no absolutes, and making a statement like he made, just makes him look like an idiot. Not everything is marketed towards everyone. I personally find tablets as a whole stupid because I see no real use for them. Does that actually make all tablets stupid? No, of course not. Just because I don't see the point in buying a tablet doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way. 

lol, you're fun.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

lol, you're fun.

and you're evading. Let me know when you want to have an actual discussion. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks to currency here, the cheapest iPhone is now over $1000, so that's not happening.

Yesterday I would've jumped at an iPad Pro, but have spent today travelling with an iPad 4 and I don't want to go any bigger, "fits in the seat pocket of a plane" is still crucial for me, and unfortunately the planes I usually fly on don't have huge pockets. Ironically, my productivity relies on me not be able to multitask - saves on distraction.

and you're evading. Let me know when you want to have an actual discussion. 

I really don't want to have one with you. All I was doing was calling you out for jumping on that guy even though you were mistaken about what he was talking about.

Glad I held out till the 6s. Still don't like the design of them, but my 5s is getting too banged up to hold onto for another year.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

If the iPad Pro had OS X slapped onto it, I imagine it would rake in some big buck$ for Apple

There's no point. OS X having touch support would just require developers to redesign their apps. OS X and iOS already share the same kernel and most of the same core frameworks, so tailoring a professional app to be touch based for OS X and iOS wouldn't be that different. Also it wouldn't make sense to have an ARM version of OS X because that would just fragment everything. Theoretically a developer updating their OS X app for touch and porting it to ARM would be just as difficult as porting it to iOS.

sorry if this has already been said but i can't read 11 pages of a thread :\

#Pencilgate, calling it right now. That will be the next big Apple-related controversy, after #Antennagate and #Bendgate.

The hashtags were completely necessary, trust me.

The iPad Pro is a mobile productivity device. You can jizz over the fact that the Surface is cheaper (ever so slightly), or more powerful, but Apple released the product because there is a demand for a product in that marketplace. There are things that I do in my job that would be perfectly fine on an iPad Pro or a Surface 3 that would suck on an iPad, but I damn sure wouldn't do the majority of my work on it. At that point it comes down to what Eco system you or your company is invested in, if you all walk around with Android or Windows Mobile phones, then a surface makes more sense, but if you all have iPhones then the iPad Pro makes more sense. Most people would be screwed if they had to do their entire job on either device. It's a device you'll buy once every 3-4 years and will be great for traveling and at $800 that's not a ridiculous amount of money. It's not targeted at people who work at Best Buy.

Given the choice I'd probably choose the Surface, but in 2 years the gap will probably close enough that I'd choose the iPad Pro (even with this current year's hardware, as the gap is App support not processing power for this kind of device).

The future star of this keynote is definitely going to be the Apple TV as it is going to integrate television media consumption in a way that has not yet been achieved, melding live and streaming media in a way that has not yet been done. Add to that the eventual smart home integration and it'll be a pretty big part of a lot of homes.

The iPad Pro is a mobile productivity device. You can jizz over the fact that the Surface is cheaper (ever so slightly), or more powerful, but Apple released the product because there is a demand for a product in that marketplace. There are things that I do in my job that would be perfectly fine on an iPad Pro or a Surface 3 that would suck on an iPad, but I damn sure wouldn't do the majority of my work on it. At that point it comes down to what Eco system you or your company is invested in, if you all walk around with Android or Windows Mobile phones, then a surface makes more sense, but if you all have iPhones then the iPad Pro makes more sense. Most people would be screwed if they had to do their entire job on either device. It's a device you'll buy once every 3-4 years and will be great for traveling and at $800 that's not a ridiculous amount of money. It's not targeted at people who work at Best Buy.

Given the choice I'd probably choose the Surface, but in 2 years the gap will probably close enough that I'd choose the iPad Pro (even with this current year's hardware, as the gap is App support not processing power for this kind of device).

The future star of this keynote is definitely going to be the Apple TV as it is going to integrate television media consumption in a way that has not yet been achieved, melding live and streaming media in a way that has not yet been done. Add to that the eventual smart home integration and it'll be a pretty big part of a lot of homes.

I'd agree if the iPad Pro had a more laptop-like experience -- like if it had an accessible file system (Finder/Windows Explorer). The fact that it doesn't really makes me questions it's place in the market compared to the Surface. One of the reasons I can't stand using iPhoto is because it sorts things in it's own way and you don't really have access to the actual folders/picture file structure (you kind of do, but not really -- the intention is certainly that you not have access to it) -- and that's something which appeals to a lot of people as it's more simplistic, it's just not for me. But as I said earlier in this thread, just because I don't really see the purpose, doesn't mean someone else doesn't. I get the whole eco-system argument, and that is a completely valid reason to go for the iPad Pro, but I feel like the majority of work that's going to be done on the iPad Pro wouldn't be something you could just switch over to an iPhone/iPad.

I really would like to see an App Store added to the Apple TV, that's the one thing I truly think it's missing (it would also be nice if you could use it to replace a cable box -- like Apple would set up deals with Optimum/TWC/other to allow the Apple TV to function as a box (or simply have the cable box run through the Apple TV). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I really would like to see an App Store added to the Apple TV, that's the one thing I truly think it's missing (it would also be nice if you could use it to replace a cable box -- like Apple would set up deals with Optimum/TWC/other to allow the Apple TV to function as a box (or simply have the cable box run through the Apple TV). 

The new apple TvOs does have an App Store.. It was mentioned in the live event

I completely forgot about this event :S 

Does the iphone 6s come in black?

Does the apple TV support 4k?

What is the difference between Ipad pro and the wrest of the ipad line up besides the huge screen?

The new apple TvOs does have an App Store.. It was mentioned in the live event

no love for the second gen tv though, right? 

What is the difference between Ipad pro and the wrest of the ipad line up besides the huge screen?

Space Grey 

wasn't mentioned (so probably not) 

iPad Pro has the A9X, whereas the fastest iPad has an A8x, supports a Digitizer ($100)/type cover($170), and has four speakers. The demo showed it running AutoCad, and it's faster than "80% of portable PCs sold in the last year".

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I completely forgot about this event :S 

Comes in space gray 

Tv only 1080p

ipad pro-- Big screen, Active stylus support, Powerful CPU,GPU..