Apple 2015 September event, iPad pro, Apple TV and iPhone 6S.

AlexGoesHigh

Also, I'll stop you right there-Apple is just doing the same thing as other manufacturers.

The iPaq came out in 2000. Apple's iPad's name isn't even original. All that's changed apart from the 1 letter is the same thing that has changed in computers: the design and hardware.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPAQ

Apple: Bastard King of copying/making people think that they invent everything.

imac came out in 98. you are grasping for straws. 

imac came out in 98. you are grasping for straws. 

PC existed before the iMac. Apple just changed the design and used different hardware-which has always been the case with something-eg. cars. Sorry if I blew your mind.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

PC existed before the iMac. Apple just changed the design and used different hardware-which has always been the case with something-eg. cars. Sorry if I blew your mind.

ur point?

ur point?

My point has already been made. Apple is doing the same thing as companies before it. Taking something, using different hardware and a newer design.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I said from Microsoft's own numbers, not the opinions of 3rd party reviewers. And that's what I love about this current debate. Everyone is criticizing the iPad for not including all of said mentioned things but its clear that it's not what Apple is targeting nor is it their vision. People scoffed at Steve Jobs when he introduced the idea of a serious smartphone that didn't include a physical keyboard (compared to blackberry). People literally said the same thing as we are now, "how can anyone seriously communicate, manage emails, and do work with a touch device! It's blasphemy!" and look where we are now post-original iPhone.

Albeit, Blackberry probably still owns a portion of the corporate and business market (some people just like the old way, which is TOTALLY OKAY), Apple introduced a new way of doing things. And that's what they're trying to do now. There will always be people who prefer do work on desktop machines, laptop machines, surface machines or whatever but Apple is trying to say "hey, we thought this could be a viable alternative too and we hope you give it a chance". I don't think Apple is trying to replace desktop machines as a serious place to do work (for heavens sakes they sell 3 desktop machines and a variety of macbooks) but they're simply saying this is another way. Now will this new way be a success? I don't know. You don't know. Nobody knows. We have yet to see how the new iPad integrates with the latest offerings from Microsoft and Adobe and it might very well become a viable way to do work or maybe not. Only time will tell.

The iPad pro has no practical advantages over the air or mini for that kind of use. One can buy a much better device for that ludicrous price.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Also, I'll stop you right there-Apple is just doing the same thing as other manufacturers.

The iPaq came out in 2000. Apple's iPad's name isn't even original. All that's changed apart from the 1 letter is the same thing that has changed in computers: the design and hardware.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPAQ

Apple: Bastard King of copying/making people think that they invent everything.

Who invented something is irrelevant, what matters is who made it successful, and why they were able to succeed (i.e. they did it better and/or waited until the time was right).

The iPad pro has no practical advantages over the air or mini for that kind of use. One can buy a much better device for that ludicrous price.

Except for the fact that it has a much larger screen and a significantly faster processor.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Who invented something is irrelevant, what matters is who made it successful, and why they were able to succeed (i.e. they did it better and/or waited until the time was right).

Except for the fact that it has a much larger screen and a significantly faster processor.

Neither are utilized by the operating system properly and are thus to the user nearly identical to those of the smaller models.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Neither are utilized by the operating system properly and are thus to the user nearly identical to those of the smaller models.

How can you possibly say that....

What makes you so confident that there will be no apps that can leverage the power of the A9x? Clearly Apple's intention is for developers to develop full featured iPad apps for many productivity programs and to leverage the power of the hardware.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

How can you possibly say that....

What makes you so confident that there will be no apps that can leverage the power of the A9x?

Third party apps may indeed utilize it. Despite this, the devs would be dumb in restricting their app to one device. Even the most intensive apps on IOS run perfectly on a7 or even a6.

The support member that I contacted through their Amazon seller's page said it's compatible (and that they accept returns of opened items). So I'll ask once more and then buy it in a week or two if they say it will fit (or maybe change my mind entirely and go for something smaller since I really would like the most minimalistic case I can get that still offers some protection).

If you are willing to wait this long, i can give you my experience on the Case ;) i ordered the Neo Hybrid Metal yesterday. And the iPhone should arrive next week Friday right on time for the release. After that i can tell you if it fits or not.

If you are willing to wait this long, i can give you my experience on the Case ;) i ordered the Neo Hybrid Metal yesterday. And the iPhone should arrive next week Friday right on time for the release. After that i can tell you if it fits or not.

Well, I'd like to order something before my iPhone comes, so I can't wait that long. I would like to know what you think of the case though -- how it feels/if it seems comfortable to hold.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Apple takes things that other companies develop, put it in a useful package with a great build quality and sell it as a premium product. That develops brand loyalty and trust that Microsoft and Google (outside of Web tools) can't begin to touch. It is in some sense a "fashion accessory" but it's far more than that. If you buy an Apple device you can be fairly certain it's not going to be a piece of shit. Premium priced? Sure!

There is immense value in that. There are loads of shitty Android phones and tablets. There are loads of shitty Windows devices. There are not, in recent history, loads of shitty Apple products.

What will the iPad offer that the Surface and other tablets wont? Maybe not the power to do intense editing of video, 3D modeling, photo editing etc. etc., but let's be real honest here: if you're looking for that in a tablet you're looking at the wrong device category.

The question is whether Apple has nailed the marriage between portability, aesthetics (they matter), and enough functionality to make it useful. To say it hasn't before the product has had time to mature is as ridiculous as those that criticized the original iPhone (myself among them), or the original iPad (myself among them). What you can say with almost certainty is that purchasing the iPad Pro V1, if you're not someone who expects to upgrade yearly, is a bad idea.

@Cruzer @TroubleKlef

three responses, two say yes, one says no. so it should be compatible. I'll order it in a few days, and hopefully you'll (cruzer) will have yours by then and you can give me your take on the case (and specifically it's size).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

No need to apologize, you didn't. I've been through this argument several times before and on this very forum and it all ends the same way. People don't want to leave their sad little minds and don't dare to think outside the box. People fail to see the difference between invention and innovation (and as someone has already pointed out, this topic has been beaten to death). 

banking-method-of-education-1.jpg

This is an image meant to illustrate education but the concept and point still comes across. I'll leave you with this and hopefully you can learn something.

@Cruzer @TroubleKlef

three responses, two say yes, one says no. so it should be compatible. I'll order it in a few days, and hopefully you'll (cruzer) will have yours by then and you can give me your take on the case (and specifically it's size).

Are you going to get a glass cover as well? I trying to figure out what color I want for my ultra hybrid and usually I would go black case with white iphone to have a nice contrast but this time I'm getting a black iphone and a black case and a black phone is a bit dull.

Also, buy from Amazon rather than Spigen's own website as its nearly 40-60% cheaper depending on the case.

inb4 Apple hate

I really need to decide whether I want a 6s+ or a 6s (I'm assuming there won't be any major differences/flaws between the two other than the size)...

I personally own the 6s since it came out last year and honestly I have enjoyed it for everything I use it for, but the size of the 6 would probably be more comfortable in the long run. I'd say you should base your decision on whether or not you have big hands and/or your video/movie viewing needs. I hope this helps! :D

Project: JETTE, Custom workstation/gaming PC build http://pcpartpicker.com/b/XZTH99 i7-5820K | Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2400 RAM | Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme | Phanteks EVOLV ATX | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB + Seagate 3TB HDD | Corsair AX760 | LG 34UC87C 3440x1440 34" Ultrawide Curverd Monitor | Corsair H110i GTX | CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master | Bose C2 Speakers | Windows 10

@Cruzer @TroubleKlef

Mine will arrive tomorrow morning. So i can give you a first impression of the case. Maybe even some Pics, comparing it so my 5s covers (Spigen Slim Armor and original Apple Leather case) 

i also ordered a glass screenprotector from spigen. just thought of it, but maybe these won't work with force touch  :unsure:  need to investigate that ^^

Are you going to get a glass cover as well? I trying to figure out what color I want for my ultra hybrid and usually I would go black case with white iphone to have a nice contrast but this time I'm getting a black iphone and a black case and a black phone is a bit dull.

Also, buy from Amazon rather than Spigen's own website as its nearly 40-60% cheaper depending on the case.

Oh I know, I plan on getting this: http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Spigen-ALUMINUM-BUMPER-5-5-Inch/dp/B00MU7VQWM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442301540&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+6+plus+spigen+neo+hybrid+metal

Although, I'm not sure if I want it in Space Gray, Satin Silver, or Blue. I'm thinking Silver > Blue >> Space Gray...but I do like blue. 

And I'll be pairing it with a Spartan Tempered Glass screen protector (which are currently on sale at XtremeGuard for $2/each).  

I personally own the 6s since it came out last year and honestly I have enjoyed it for everything I use it for, but the size of the 6 would probably be more comfortable in the long run. I'd say you should base your decision on whether or not you have big hands and/or your video/movie viewing needs. I hope this helps! :D

Yeah, I ordered the 6s Plus. My feeling is that I'm going to hate the size when I'm not using it, but love it most of the time that I am...so, the latter should matter more....regardless, if I don't like it I have 14 days to swap it for a 6s. 

Mine will arrive tomorrow morning. So i can give you a first impression of the case. Maybe even some Pics, comparing it so my 5s covers (Spigen Slim Armor and original Apple Leather case) 

i also ordered a glass screenprotector from spigen. just thought of it, but maybe these won't work with force touch  :unsure:  need to investigate that ^^

Yeah, first impressions would be great -- if it feels comfortable to hold/use (of course this won't be super accurate considering there's no phone but, still). And pictures :)

Yeah, I had that thought when I ordered my tempered glass screen protector/s from XtremeGuard, but I figured that for $2, whatever happens happens. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh I know, I plan on getting this: http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Spigen-ALUMINUM-BUMPER-5-5-Inch/dp/B00MU7VQWM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442301540&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+6+plus+spigen+neo+hybrid+metal

Although, I'm not sure if I want it in Space Gray, Satin Silver, or Blue. I'm thinking Silver > Blue >> Space Gray...but I do like blue. 

And I'll be pairing it with a Spartan Tempered Glass screen protector (which are currently on sale at XtremeGuard for $2/each).  

Yeah, I ordered the 6s Plus. My feeling is that I'm going to hate the size when I'm not using it, but love it most of the time that I am...so, the latter should matter more....regardless, if I don't like it I have 14 days to swap it for a 6s. 

Yeah, first impressions would be great -- if it feels comfortable to hold/use (of course this won't be super accurate considering there's no phone but, still). And pictures :)

Yeah, I had that thought when I ordered my tempered glass screen protector/s from XtremeGuard, but I figured that for $2, whatever happens happens. 

Not that if you are trying to operate the phone with one hand, you just double tap the home button (not click) and it will slide halfway down so you can reach everything.

Project: JETTE, Custom workstation/gaming PC build http://pcpartpicker.com/b/XZTH99 i7-5820K | Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2400 RAM | Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme | Phanteks EVOLV ATX | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB + Seagate 3TB HDD | Corsair AX760 | LG 34UC87C 3440x1440 34" Ultrawide Curverd Monitor | Corsair H110i GTX | CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master | Bose C2 Speakers | Windows 10

Not that if you are trying to operate the phone with one hand, you just double tap the home button (not click) and it will slide halfway down so you can reach everything.

That's more of a secondary concern for me. My bigger worry is that the larger physical form factor will just be annoying. But like I said, I have a chance to figure that out, so it's no big deal. 

One thing about the (all) iPhone is that they're quite a bit bigger than they need to be due to bezels.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Cruzer @djdwosk97

http://pocketnow.com/2015/09/16/3d-touch-screen-cover#!prettyPhoto

Apparently screen protectors including tempered glass protectors should work... if they follow Apple's guidelines.  :P

cool. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ok, so.... I received the new hybrid metal case today. It feels very good holding in one hand. I test fitted it on a iPhone 6 of a friend. Feels nice with phone in it as well. Doesn't add to much to the phone.

Overall it I thinner than my 5s with spigen slim armor case

It is pretty tall and wide, but so is the iPhone, the 5s had the perfect size for me, need to adjust to the bigger screen on the 6s

But it doesn't add to much on each side to the actual phone.

Here are some pics of the case

post-85195-14424916163037_thumb.jpg

post-85195-14424916360146_thumb.jpg

Spigen slim armor for the 5s on the left. Neo hybrid metal on the right.

The plastic protects the screen and keeps it completly of the surface, when laying screen side down on a table

It fits quiet good on the 6s, but there should be enough space for the 6s as well

Ok, so.... I received the new hybrid metal case today. It feels very good holding in one hand. I test fitted it on a iPhone 6 of a friend. Feels nice with phone in it as well. Doesn't add to much to the phone.

Overall it I thinner than my 5s with spigen slim armor case

It is pretty tall and wide, but so is the iPhone, the 5s had the perfect size for me, need to adjust to the bigger screen on the 6s

But it doesn't add to much on each side to the actual phone.

Here are some pics of the case

Spigen slim armor for the 5s on the left. Neo hybrid metal on the right.

The plastic protects the screen and keeps it completly of the surface, when laying screen side down on a table

It fits quiet good on the 6s, but there should be enough space for the 6s as well

Alright, any thoughts on the metal band scratching up/getting damaged/broken/bent? 

The only other thing which crossed my mind is that the case has a .8mm lip with the iPhone 6 plus, so if the 6s plus is .2mm thicker, then would the case offer protection for the screen with a tempered glass screen protector? (how thick would a tempered glass protector be -- the one on my 5s is certainly noticeable, but I don't know measurements for how thick it actually is). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Alright, any thoughts on the metal band scratching up/getting damaged/broken/bent? 

The only other thing which crossed my mind is that the case has a .8mm lip with the iPhone 6 plus, so if the 6s plus is .2mm thicker, then would the case offer protection for the screen with a tempered glass screen protector? (how thick would a tempered glass protector be -- the one on my 5s is certainly noticeable, but I don't know measurements for how thick it actually is). 

it looks solid, but i think it will scratch over time, since it is only a anodized aluminium. no 7000 series or something. But i don't know right now. 

the tempered glass screenprotectors are not that thick. They are about 0.1-0.2mm thick, so it will be fine